Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance for an eye doctor

Hello All!!
    Just joined the group today.
    Hope I can contribute in a positive way!
    What would be a good fragrance for an eye doctor (we work very close to our patients) that has:
    1. Very good longevity
    2. Does not project very far (shouldn't spill into the room)
    3. Even I can smell it the whole day

I like Boss Bottled and was looking for suggestions on Creed in this regard.
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: Fragrance for an eye doctor

Creed's Green Irish Tweed or Millesime Imperial would be good choices.
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Welcome!

Whatever you choose, go very light. I'd opt for a good vetiver, which are fresh and long lasting. Examples are Chanel Sycomore (with a touch of woods) and Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire (fresher).

cacio

Fougeres Marines

Chypre Palatin by MDCI - Very sophisticated - works well in close quarters.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...e_Palatin.html

Prada Amber pour homme
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

With that proximity to patients, I think even perfumes designated as "skin scents" because they barely project would still be perceivable to patients, in your case. So as Cacio said, anything but lightly. Perhaps a spray or two.

That being said I also suggest vetiver based perfumes or something with sandalwood like Santal Noble or Santal Massoia. The former being a very traditional sandalwood whilst the latter a more modern envision of the material.

for swap/sale:

Musc ravageur, just stay away from patients for the first blast for it to settle.

How about one from the Acqua di Parma line? Classic, inoffensive, and fairly close to the skin.

My dad wears Terre d'Hermes every single day since I got it for him. It's still detectable when he comes home after like a 12-hour workday. He's an ophthalmologist in private practice. Give it a try!

For those of us who freak when our eyes are getting tested, I like the sandalwood idea listed above, because its calm and soothing. Rotate it with something clean and tasteful. Agree also about the light application, maybe only one spray.

Banned

Un Jardin En Mediterranee or Un Jardin Sur Le Toit.

Thanks everyone.
    I realize it is the sandalwood base of Boss bottled that I like.
    So Creed Green Irish it will be.!!
    Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drtu View Post
    Thanks everyone.
    Thanks again!!!!!!!!!
    Sad to hear that, I'll be sure not to make an appointment to get my eyes checked in your office.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Sad to hear that, I'll be sure not to make an appointment to get my eyes checked in your office.
    Brother if you were to visit my office you will thank your stars if i am wearing any cologne forget about GIT

Brother if you were to visit my office you will thank your stars if i am wearing any cologne forget about GIT
    It's not personal, we're talking about GIT, the fragrance I don't like.

Banned

Thanks everyone.
    Thanks again!!!!!!!!!
    Good choice, enjoy !!!

&

Blog Entries

Welcome, drtu!

As an ophthalmic nurse practitioner working in an eye casualty department, l can understand the difficulty of wanting to smell good, while not overwhelming your patients.
    l can only agree with the advice that whatever you wear, use a light application. l myself avoid wearing any powerhouse fragrances at work, as well as anything really spicy or animalic.
    l frequently get compliments from patients & colleagues on how good l smell. People usually appreciate finding nice smells in a hospital, & l have certainly never had any complaints!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Dolce and Gabbana The One and Gucci Pour Homme II. Both don't project a lot but smell really good and to me lasts fairly long

Boss Bottled is cloying IMO. Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, En Mediterranee, Bvlgari Soir or Black.

Gucci Pour Homme II.

It's excellent. It was never that common AAAAAAANNNNNDDD it's being discontinued, giving you the added bonus of wearing something your patients won't instantly recognize. So, if they DO notice, it'll be memorable in a good way.

I think Creed GIT or MI would be fine for what you're wanting. They aren't projection monsters but both smell great and are certainly inoffensive. Creed Original Vetiver is another possibility, as it's very clean smelling and you wouldn't have to worry about offending anyone. Just don't go overboard with any fragrance. Better to not wear enough than too much.

I think you mainly just need to be careful about wearing something too strong. Wearing something clean and inoffensive, but still great smelling, is what you're after. Gendarme is another possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I think Creed GIT or MI would be fine for what you're wanting. They aren't projection monsters but both smell great and are certainly inoffensive. Creed Original Vetiver is another possibility, as it's very clean smelling and you wouldn't have to worry about offending anyone. Just don't go overboard with any fragrance. Better to not wear enough than too much.

I think you mainly just need to be careful about wearing something too strong. Wearing something clean and inoffensive, but still great smelling, is what you're after. Gendarme is another possibility.
    agreed with this guy

Chanel Egoist platinum

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Gucci Pour Homme II.

It's excellent. It was never that common AAAAAAANNNNNDDD it's being discontinued, giving you the added bonus of wearing something your patients won't instantly recognize. So, if they DO notice, it'll be memorable in a good way.
    Hard to argue w/GPHII. It really would work well in your situation. As others have said, though, light application of Creed GIT, MI , OV, Chanel Egoiste Platinum, Prada Amber PH, a Gendarme, or any number of clean/fresh scents would be fine. Good luck finding the right one.

Gendarme is perfect for this situation. You will smell freshly showered and dry cleaned.