Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Versace Dreamer Fans.

I envy you guys. I couldn't get pass the harsh opening, that plastic vodka smell.

Loved it back in college, but I haven't sniffed it in a long time. I remember when it came out and being blown away having never smelled anything like it.

I remember unboxing it last week, spraying it on my hand and thinking, "Oh no...why is this stuff hyped?!"
    It's been a week and I actually really like it. Like I said, the dry down is nice, but I just can't stand the opening.

By the way people, this "opening" smells bad only to the wearer. Both me and my brother have this frag and when he puts 7 sprays on and walks by me 10 seconds later it smells heavenly. When I first put it on it smells good for 2 seconds then it starts to burn holes in my brain and then it smells amazing 30 minutes later. What I'm getting at is don't worry about people thinking you will smell bad during the first 30 minutes; it smells great in the sillage. I'd only be worried if you're gonna be close to someone for a while, in a car for example. Then they will get that harshness but otherwise youre safe. The people around you will smell something much different, and better, than what you're smelling during the opening.

Banned

After seeing this thread I was inspired to wear The Dreamer today. I applyed two sprays to the chest and one to the neck. The first hour I was on the verge of scrubbing it off but I remembered that this got better with time. During the second hour it became tolerable, not great but ok. In the third hour and ever since I'm remembering why I bought this in the first place. It's the only scent I have that gets better the longer I have it on. I'm in the ninth hour now and it's wonderful. It's just to bad that the beginning is so terrible.

Banned

The Dreamer is a good scent. But, easy on the trigger, don't overspray.

&

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    The Dreamer is a good scent. But, easy on the trigger, don't overspray.

&

What would you consider the right amount for this one?

I wore it to work nearly every day for months. For an office environment, one solid spray to chest/lower neck is plenty, and you'll smell it all day. For regular wear or going out, I'd recommend no more than 3 or 4. There are plenty of people here who use 10+ sprays, but I assure you that you and everyone in your general vicinity will notice it with 3 sprays (chest/neck, arms, nape of neck).

Just blind bought this the other day at TJ MAXX and I must say it is definitely not what I was expecting in a good way. What's everyone's beef with the opening? It is freaking amazing in the opening and throughout it does get better. To me it has similarities to D&G PH, Joop! and Le Male but The Dreamer is definitely in a league of its own. Glad I added this one to my collection!!
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

A great fragrance, one of my favourites, perfect for date/night out wear. Will always have a bottle of this.

The opening is good, I rate it a 7/10! The drydown on the other hand is excellent! A 10/10.

I love it and wear it on the occasion I feel it fits my day, Its great but I don't think its for everyone

It works on a female too. I get hit on a lot when I wear this stuff. It's potent.
    The question that women casually shopping for perfume ask more than any other is this: "What scent drives men wild?" After years of intense research, we know the definitive answer. It is bacon. Now, on to the far more interesting subject of perfume.
    ― Tania Sanchez, Perfumes: The Guide

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    The opening is good, I rate it a 7/10! The drydown on the other hand is excellent! A 10/10.
    I agree! Great value stuff.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Creed - Original Cologne
    2. Xerjoff - Nio
    3. Creed - Aventus
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    7. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    8. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
    9. Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre
    10. Creed - Virgin Island Water

Banned

Not afan here, but i recognize it's a great fragrance. I wish I liked it better.

I compare it to an old wool coat that someone has smoked in for the opening...kind of off-putting.
    like many other have said though, it dries down to a really great scent that lasts for awhile on you so no worries about it dying down in a couple of hours. I have two bottles of it so i am kind of biased haha

I agree Alvus, I would love to like this one because it's an interesting scent, just not an appealing one...

Wearing this for the first time got me my first unsolicited compliment from my parents who have never complimented any of my frags...ever. It's certainly VERY loud in the beginning but after a few hours not sure if it was a skin scent as even while laying in bed with my partner she never mentioned it whereas she usually gives me feedback be it good/bad on any frag I wear.

Banned

@ alexwagner - Good for you!
    Perhaps, your girlfriend was preoccupied with other things.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    @ alexwagner - Good for you!
    Perhaps, your girlfriend was preoccupied with other things.
    LOL!

I actually like the opening too but then again I love A*Men opening also. Just thought it was weird she never said anything as I'd heard how loud this stuff was and I went three sprays.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

The first time I wore it I spritzed it on just before bedtime. That was one night I slept fitfully and actually incorporated the powerful sillage into dreams! With me The Dreamer is a love/hate relationship.
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."