Code of Conduct

Cool Versace Dreamer Fans.

Dear Dreamer fans. Please tell me good and bad about Dreamer...... something different that happened while wearing Versace Dreamer. I am waiting for my Dreamer...........
    Mukhtar

Default Re: Versace Dreamer Fans.

Welcome to basenotes!

It's a consistent compliment getter. Had three or for in one wearing this weekend.

"amazing" and "delicious" we're two that stood out.

lovely then must be a nice experience then.
    Mukhtar

Too sweet opening for me , love the dry down though.....so layer it with YSL Body Kouros and sometimes Jaipur Homme EDP.
    Great stuff for this purpose....
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Love it sometimes, hate it others. Never boring though...

Basenotes Member

Probably my most used cologne during high school... Loved the first bottle, but by the 2nd bottle I was growing out of it and was getting sick of very dark base notes. I remember my gf at the time hating the "walk of shame" smell of the dreamer.

The good: It's The Dreamer
    The bad: N/A
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

It's okay.

I was given this one as a gift by my girlfriend's sister. Not bad. Apparently it's one to get the girls with? Though I'm fussy when It comes to frag's and I'd never wear it over my favourite orientals like CK's Obsession for men or Drakkar Noir. I can appreciate why many people like it though.

Hate it. Gave my bottle away. The shower gel is very nice though!
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Top note is synthetic and powdery, love the dry down though. However, by the time that happens, it doesn't seem to project anymore.

A masterpiece ! Amazing dry down, outstanding longevity ; I love it !

Basenotes Junkie

It's one of my favorite fragrances, but oddly I don't wear it out very often because I don't find it very versatile. It's a bit too overpowering for daily wear, and it's too floral and romantic for going out to bars, so I have trouble finding a place for it. I still love it, though. Once you get past the synthetic notes it smells like heaven in a bottle.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by docmukali View Post
    Dear Dreamer fans. Please tell me good and bad about Dreamer...... something different that happened while wearing Versace Dreamer. I am waiting for my Dreamer...........
    I have the Dreamer and it's in my top 10 fragrances of all time.

The Dreamer is sweet, floral, and a little feminine. It's not masculine, so either a man or woman can wear this. If you are a Polo/Varvatos/Obsession/Aramis guy, you probably won't want this.

Also, the biggest controversy on this scent is the opening. During the first 45 minutes, the scent is loud, harsh, synthetic, very ashy, and is often compared to bug spray. So the con about this cologne is that before going out to any event, you should apply this an hour beforehand. This is not something you should just spray on and go out with.

But if you can ride out the opening, it is a very magical scent that gets better and better with each passing hour.

Good- gourmand notes, complimented, a modern, trendy reinterpretation of classic tobacco notes
    Less good- may be considered generic by some, longevity may be average

Very synthetic to me. Not a fan.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I agree about it being very synthetic. For that reason I only sampled and never went on to purchase the bottle. But, One man's garbage is another man's fortune.

not bad, but won't buy it again, nice bottle though!
    There's ice on the sink where we bathe ....So how can you call this a home.... When you know it's a grave

I like the way it goes. Oriental tobacco.

For me its a mix of Le Male and Dolce & Gabbana.

Blog Entries

I like sweet scents but The Dreamer doesn't do it for me (tried to like it). There's something off-putting about this scent. Very good longevity, though.

Love "The Dreamer".

If Body Kouros is too off the beaten path, but you love the drydown.....or if you like Bogart Pour Homme but find it too strong and too crude.......Dreamer is your scent. It's like a transparent, generic version of those two opaque scents.

One of the first bottles I bought when beginning this hobby. I absolutely loved it for months, wore it all the time. After a while, the synthetic smell that others mentioned started to wear on me, as I sampled and bought other frags. I still have a lot of respect for this one, and it has a sweet tobacco/vanilla drydown that is really nice if you get that far. If I wear it now, I'll usually take the hair dryer and 'burn' off the opening and get right to the middle. Don't worry about killing the longevity- even after killing the top with forced hot air, I'll still get 9-12 hours longevity with this one, and certainly on clothes into the next day. For $30USD shipped or perhaps less, it's a keeper for me.

hope I can help
    the good: fresh floral opening smells hip and sexy in the same way Le Male is
    the bad: strange synthetic tobacco middle smells a bit like plastic when mixed with the florals
    the good: great floral dry down after about 3 hours the tobacco has become less harsh and you're left with a gorgeous masculine floral that is fresh and soft

Banned
    Blog Entries

Basically, think of Le Male + Lilies + Tobacco

Welcome!
    Just got my bottle in from Fragrancenet last week.
    Definitely not a huge fan of the opening. It's a bit too strong for my taste.
    The drydown is great though. Sweet but spicy at the same time. Haven't had any compliments on it so far, but I've only worn it out once.

It's nice. I feel it's more of a summer safe Le Male. It's like a lighter version with hints of tobacco and tea.

If it's not tobacco, I think this a little feminine to me. IMO the Dreamer is safe.

I like this fragrance, but it always give me a headache

Great stuff, but I agree with the whole world about the opening. Still one of the best values you can get considering the price.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

I envy you guys. I couldn't get pass the harsh opening, that plastic vodka smell.

Loved it back in college, but I haven't sniffed it in a long time. I remember when it came out and being blown away having never smelled anything like it.

I remember unboxing it last week, spraying it on my hand and thinking, "Oh no...why is this stuff hyped?!"
    It's been a week and I actually really like it. Like I said, the dry down is nice, but I just can't stand the opening.

By the way people, this "opening" smells bad only to the wearer. Both me and my brother have this frag and when he puts 7 sprays on and walks by me 10 seconds later it smells heavenly. When I first put it on it smells good for 2 seconds then it starts to burn holes in my brain and then it smells amazing 30 minutes later. What I'm getting at is don't worry about people thinking you will smell bad during the first 30 minutes; it smells great in the sillage. I'd only be worried if you're gonna be close to someone for a while, in a car for example. Then they will get that harshness but otherwise youre safe. The people around you will smell something much different, and better, than what you're smelling during the opening.

After seeing this thread I was inspired to wear The Dreamer today. I applyed two sprays to the chest and one to the neck. The first hour I was on the verge of scrubbing it off but I remembered that this got better with time. During the second hour it became tolerable, not great but ok. In the third hour and ever since I'm remembering why I bought this in the first place. It's the only scent I have that gets better the longer I have it on. I'm in the ninth hour now and it's wonderful. It's just to bad that the beginning is so terrible.

Banned

The Dreamer is a good scent. But, easy on the trigger, don't overspray.

&

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    The Dreamer is a good scent. But, easy on the trigger, don't overspray.

&

What would you consider the right amount for this one?

I wore it to work nearly every day for months. For an office environment, one solid spray to chest/lower neck is plenty, and you'll smell it all day. For regular wear or going out, I'd recommend no more than 3 or 4. There are plenty of people here who use 10+ sprays, but I assure you that you and everyone in your general vicinity will notice it with 3 sprays (chest/neck, arms, nape of neck).

Just blind bought this the other day at TJ MAXX and I must say it is definitely not what I was expecting in a good way. What's everyone's beef with the opening? It is freaking amazing in the opening and throughout it does get better. To me it has similarities to D&G PH, Joop! and Le Male but The Dreamer is definitely in a league of its own. Glad I added this one to my collection!!
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

A great fragrance, one of my favourites, perfect for date/night out wear. Will always have a bottle of this.

The opening is good, I rate it a 7/10! The drydown on the other hand is excellent! A 10/10.

I love it and wear it on the occasion I feel it fits my day, Its great but I don't think its for everyone

It works on a female too. I get hit on a lot when I wear this stuff. It's potent.
    The question that women casually shopping for perfume ask more than any other is this: "What scent drives men wild?" After years of intense research, we know the definitive answer. It is bacon. Now, on to the far more interesting subject of perfume.
    ― Tania Sanchez, Perfumes: The Guide

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    The opening is good, I rate it a 7/10! The drydown on the other hand is excellent! A 10/10.
    I agree! Great value stuff.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Not afan here, but i recognize it's a great fragrance. I wish I liked it better.

I compare it to an old wool coat that someone has smoked in for the opening...kind of off-putting.
    like many other have said though, it dries down to a really great scent that lasts for awhile on you so no worries about it dying down in a couple of hours. I have two bottles of it so i am kind of biased haha

I agree Alvus, I would love to like this one because it's an interesting scent, just not an appealing one...

Wearing this for the first time got me my first unsolicited compliment from my parents who have never complimented any of my frags...ever. It's certainly VERY loud in the beginning but after a few hours not sure if it was a skin scent as even while laying in bed with my partner she never mentioned it whereas she usually gives me feedback be it good/bad on any frag I wear.

Banned

@ alexwagner - Good for you!
    Perhaps, your girlfriend was preoccupied with other things.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    @ alexwagner - Good for you!
    Perhaps, your girlfriend was preoccupied with other things.
    LOL!

I actually like the opening too but then again I love A*Men opening also. Just thought it was weird she never said anything as I'd heard how loud this stuff was and I went three sprays.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

The first time I wore it I spritzed it on just before bedtime. That was one night I slept fitfully and actually incorporated the powerful sillage into dreams! With me The Dreamer is a love/hate relationship.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon