Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Ann Gerard - 3 New Fragrances

Just received e-mail from Luckyscent. Three new exclusive fragrances from Ann Gerard. All three by Bertrand Duchaufour.

Direct from Luckyscent.

Cuir de Nacre
    Extrait de Parfum

If mother-of-pearl could somehow magically be transformed into the most melting calfskin, this is what it would smell like. With Cuir de Nacre (originally sold by Ann Gérard in a limited edition as Pleine Lune), Bertrand Duchaufour achieves what must be his most elegant interpretation of leather yet.

There’s real orris butter in this scent, and it shows: powdery, slightly metallic but touched with melting carroty jamminess. A true, aristocratic iris note sprinkled with aldehydes like crushed pearls, stretched out with its natural partner, cassie, until they conjure a soft suede effect. White musks sustain the iridescence, fleshed out by the musky facets of ambrette and angelica – the first bright and bracing like a Poire Williams liqueur, the other resinous green and nutty. As the scent subsides into a milky sandalwood and styrax base, the leather blends into living skin...

Wear this and you’ll never need another jewel: your aura will be giving off moonlight.

Cuir de Nacre Notes:
    Angelica root, ambrette absolute, aldehydic ozonic notes, cassie absolute, iris concrete, leather accord, sandalwood, white musks, styrax resin

Ciel d’Opale
    Eau de Parfum

Is there anything more intoxicating than basking in the heady, honeyed scent of a linden tree? Beyond the glorious scent of the blossoms, Bertrand Duchaufour’s “Opal Sky” for Ann Gérard translates the languid pleasure of an early-summer reverie dusted with fragrant pollen under a sky made opalescent by feathery clouds…

Ciel d’Opale envelops in a radiant veil of powdery flowers, shot like its namesake stone with glints of vibrant color: a dark green flash of galbanum green, a golden sweet lick of quince, a smoky flash of guaiac and sandalwood… But like an opal, the scent keeps sending these flashes as tantalizing hints rather than sustained notes, its myriad facets dancing in a delicate mist of fluffy musk.

A pure whiff of heaven: we may just about be sprouting wings and a harp.

Ciel d’Opale Notes:
    Quince note, Calabrian lemon, galbanum, Sichuan pepper, cassie pays, jasmine, mock orange, honeysuckle, amber, cedar wood, guaiac wood, vetiver, sandalwood, hint of vanilla.

Perle de Mousse
    Eau de Parfum

In a masterful reinvention of the green floral chypre, Bertrand Duchaufour stretches out the muguet theme until it becomes a full orchestra. The greenness of the spring flower is conjured in different stones: the tartness of green mandarin, the deep resinous glint of galbanum, the leafy aromatic ivy and an overdose of lentiscus – also known as mastic – standing in for the moss in a classic chypre. Green-tinged florals – gardenia and hawthorn – draw this verdant palette into a rose and jasmine heart whose narcotic richness counterbalances the vibrant top notes. As the fragrance dries down, the “moss pearls” come to rest on a smooth amber bed with a tinge of saltiness reminiscent of sun-kissed skin.

This is the most compelling interpretation of the genre we’ve experienced in years: truly original, but with the balance and elegance of a contemporary heirloom piece.

Perle de Mousse Notes:
    Aldehydes, pink pepper, bergamot, green mandarin, galbanum resin, ivy, lily of the valley, hawthorn, Bulgarian rose, clove, jasmine, gardenia, lentiscus absolute, ambergris, musk, hint of vanilla

Default Re: Ann Gerard - 3 New Fragrances

I tried the Cuir.... Was not impressed.
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

Bertrand Duchaufour is really busy. He's got his nose into many houses now. Very popular lately.

I just had a chance to sample Cuir de Nacre. Outstanding IMO. I really don't see me wearing it, altough I could. This one is for my wife. She loves leather scents. This one is very sophisticated and suave. Heavenly comes to mind. Highly recommended for the ladies who love leather.
    Last edited by thebeck; 20th September 2012 at 09:44 PM.

I saw this too. Some of these sound interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Bertrand Duchaufour is really busy. He's got his nose into many houses now. Very popular lately.

I just had a chance to sample Cuir de Nacre. Outstanding IMO. I really don't see me wearing it, altough I could. This one is for my wife. She loves leather scents. This one is very sophisticated and suave. Heavenly comes to mind. Highly recommended for the ladies who love leather.
    The leather intrigues me. I must sample this and put it on my list.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.