Code of Conduct

Default Green Irish Tweed?

I just bought me another decants, first one was Aventus which I love, and then I got GIT.

Now for a Creed the Aventus last pretty decent and projects pretty well, but this GIT barely last at all and doesn't project really well.

The smell alright, I'm wondering if any of wonder if some decants could be cut with water or alcohol...I'm hoping this isn't the case and this is just GIT being GIT because I am kinda disappointed with all the hype.

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed?

Quote Originally Posted by yteek View Post
    I just bought me another decants, first one was Aventus which I love, and then I got GIT.

Now for a Creed the Aventus last pretty decent and projects pretty well, but this GIT barely last at all and doesn't project really well.

The smell alright, I'm wondering if any of wonder if some decants could be cut with water or alcohol...I'm hoping this isn't the
    case and this is just GIT being GIT because I am kinda disappointed with all the hype.

I'm wondering if your decant of GIT is from a 2010 batch. Unfortunately that year GIT smelled very flat with near zero sillage. The 2011 batches were much stronger and fresh with good lasting power.

Have no idea what the year of mine is but, projection is average and longevity pretty good.

This is why i'll never own a creed fragrance. I'm not running around hoping to get a good batch of something at those prices. At what they charge things should be consistent

Quote Originally Posted by josephga View Post
    This is why i'll never own a creed fragrance. I'm not running around hoping to get a good batch of something at those prices. At what they charge things should be consistent
    I'd never pay retail, and I never paid over 50 for an ounce decanted...I think it was worth that but GIT has nothing on Aventus...I wanna try MI but I also wanna buy some designers and try a variety since it will likely be cheaper.

Banned

I have no problems with GIT.

I get good projection and good longevity from GIT, then again they do vary from batch to batch which I also think is ridiculous for the price you pay.

Basenotes Junkie

Seems batch variation is the key here, sadly.

I have a 2011 from Fragrancex - and that juice is just absurdly strong. It DOES vary with how much your skin eats etc - moisturize like a boss to get extra longevity!

Anyways - batch variation (sadly) is an issue with Creed, apparently. Still haven't been exposed to it, but I'm just waiting for it to blow up in my face.

I have a 2011 batch GIT 4oz bottle and the projection and longevity is nothing like that of my Aventus 2011 batch 4oz bottle. Aventus rocks whereas GIT has had its days. MI is a much better alternative to GIT I think.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    MI is a much better alternative to GIT I think.
    Not in my experience, longevity-wise!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Not in my experience, longevity-wise!
    For once in my life I can safely say that a (2011 batch) of MI sprayed in a store on a Saturday and i could smell it on my shirt on Wednesday the following week. That's 4 days. It was detectable after that but it was hard to distinguish it. It was nonetheless strong and projected very well.

Maybe it's me but GIT just isn't cutting the mustard for me.

For once in my life I can safely say that a (2011 batch) of MI sprayed in a store on a Saturday and i could smell it on my shirt on Wednesday the following week. That's 4 days. It was detectable after that but it was hard to distinguish it. It was nonetheless strong and projected very well.

Maybe it's me but GIT just isn't cutting the mustard for me.
    Ah! Damn batch variations. You may have been so lucky to find one of the (three?) batches of MI with good longevity. I wish mine had more than 3-4 hours strong.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I agree 100%.

I would like to try Aventus but really I'm not even comfortable payin 5.99 for a 1ml sample from the perfumed court. That's barely enough to sample.

They should take a note from Bond no.9 and at least offer samples that you can order via phone......I'm sure Bond no.9 will have a "Aventus" like fragrance within the following year or two with a consistent pineapple note. Lol.

Bond is my niche house.

Never had an issue with GIT. Aventus I don't care for, it smelled wonderful for about 30 minutes then my wife started asking me why she smelled gasoline. Sure enough I smelled my arm and it must just not mix with my skin. I smelled like gas for about 5 hours, it wouldn't scrub off lol. So I would definitely say Aventus is probably a stronger scent in general, but I do get pretty good sillage an longetivity from GIT. It is one of my most complimented frags.

Banned

I would be quite surprised if Green Irish Tweed did not have robust projection and longevity. Perhaps, something did affect the fragrance during decanting, unintentionally or otherwise.

Banned

And, by the way:

Out of curiosity, how much of GIT do you guys spray on?

Think of how much more they'd charge if every now and then the quality control people said that a batch doesn't last long enough, tip it down the drain, and hope that next year's raw ingredients will produce a better batch?
    Cheers,
    Renato

Out of curiosity, how much of GIT do you guys spray on?
    I always put six sprays on. My old bottles of GIT have a lot of output for four hours before it tones down fairly quickly.
    Regards,
    Renato

Thanks, Renato. That explains it for me... perhaps I ought to spray a bit more. I think I was doing around 4 sprays.

Thanks, Renato. That explains it for me... perhaps I ought to spray a bit more. I think I was doing around 4 sprays.
    Creed bottles have big sprayers so that your four sprays are equivalent to most other bottles' six sprays. But that's the problem with most niche scents - with a few notable exceptions (e.g. Serge Lutens) the greater percentage of natural ingredients leads to less lasting power than typical designer scents with their longer lasting synthetic ingredients, though my Creed scents seem to last a bit longer with strength than other niche ones I have.
    Regards,
    Renato