Code of Conduct

Default What are the best bakhoor to buy?

I'm interested in buying some bakhoor to burn at home to scent my house... anyone know a very nice bakhoor? I like oud, rose, amber and saffron...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: What are the best bakhoor to buy?

I'd get frankinsense (Yemeni or even Somali) which is aka Olibanum.
    for swap/sale:

Hi how are you
    well I am a bukhoor manufacturer if you want I can supply you I make from all natural ingredients and high quality if u want or any question let me know

Basenotes Member

I had heard that Bukhoor is the greatest home fragrance, but I am now using Yankee candles for a home fragrance that is also providing wonderful smell.

Bakhour is a generic term. It means anything you fumigate.

It's akin to saying I heard fruit is the best food but I like bananas more.

Try oud wood before coming to any conclusions though.
    for swap/sale:

hi
    well we make bukhoor with all high quality oudh chips
    where do you want you can at-least try our sample pack its just for 6 usd.

Quote Originally Posted by murtazayh View Post
    Hi how are you
    well I am a bukhoor manufacturer if you want I can supply you I make from all natural ingredients and high quality if u want or any question let me know
    What kind of bakhoor do you make?

The best bakhoors are those made by Yemeni and Khaleeji Bedouin women.

Secret formulae of Bakhoor are hushedly passed down from mother to daughter, from generation to generation. Crafting the Bakhoor is a joyous event - a gathering of wizened elders, the joyous sounds of laughter, the rhythmic celebratory hum of the Duff (drum) and an assembly of the tribes – each one creating their own unique scents, scripting tales too complex to be conveyed by mere words.

These formulae utilise the best and rarest of ingredients with no expenses spared, these ingredients are not just a means to an end but the cream of the crop, and the price reflects this; Saffron from Kashmir, Frankincense from Somalia, Oudh from Malaysia, Cambodia and India, Musk from the Himalayas, Indian Mysore Sandalwood, and ofcourse Rose from beloved Ta’if - and the list goes on.

A good quality burning fragrance is the Orthodox church mix of Myrrh and Frankincense you can by in any church shop or online. It is made with really good quality Frankincense and smells awesome (if you like resins and incense). You can also buy it mixed with other scents, like rose, vanilla, etc. Or you can burn pure frankincense over coal, it is one of my favorite scents...

Papier d'Arménie is alternative burning fragrance, where you burn paper strips soaked in benzoin to deodorize the room. It is being manufactured in France since 1885. Guerlain's (excellent) take on this fragrance is Bois d'Armenie,

Abdul Samad al Qurashi (ASAQ) makes great bakhoor. One of my absolute favorite is Tiber Al Aoud. It's absolutely divine and is quite inexpensive to boot.