Code of Conduct

Default Rate my recent purchase, 4 frags in total

Hey people,
    Newly registered on here - so be gentle!

I just thought I'd drop by to see what you fellas think of this recent purchase.

Body Kouros, 3,3oz - $32
    Rive Gauche, 4,2oz - $36
    Ed Hardy - Love and Luck, 3,3oz - $30
    Lanvin L'Homme Sport, 3,3oz - $23 (LOL!)

Allright so, first and foremost - i have not gotten the opportunity to sniff _any_ of these, so basically i might be shipping 150 down the drain, who knows. Previously however, genereal "recognition" has served me quite well, leading me onto gems such as A*Men, Pure Malt, Dreamer, Encre Noire, etc.

Body Kouros and Rive Gauche both seem very worth the money given how widely regarded they are - surely it will suffice for my taste.

When it comes down to Love and Luck / L'Homme Sport i'm not as convinced, but reading through comments on here and other sites, they seem to at LEAST be worth using when going to the laundry room, and for $23 what can you ask really? =)

I will welcome any input at all on this,
    Decent buy, or did i just make an ass out of myself?

Cheers,

Default Re: Rate my recent purchase, 4 frags in total

I might also add, naturally i "could" have gone for 2 great quality fragrances for the same amount of money - but this covers a wider range of usage i feel.

Speaking for myself only, i tend to differ quite a bit day to day with what I wear. One day i might be wearing A*Men to work, the next i might go clubbing with Cool Water, whatever I feel fits my mood basically. Hence the wide range

Have and like the three below from your list. - Yes decent buy IMO.

Body Kouros, 3,3oz - $32
    Rive Gauche, 4,2oz - $36

Banned

Good purchases!

Now that you've got the wide range covered, next purchase or purchases should be quality, rather than quantity.

Drowning myself in mediocrity brings me no pleasure. I'd rather have one great scent, and build my collection one great scent at a time. But that's just me.

I would rather have a one bottle of Leather Oud than the four you bought. Yes I would have needed to cough up another $34.

Rate your purchase? Typical newbie stuff, but we're all newbies at sometime. Just hang around Basenotes for a while, and hopefully better quality fragrances will end up in your wardrobe.

You'll find many nice people here that don't want to be honest - I believe you can learn more from the truth, than a nice politcally correct guy.
    Last edited by thebeck; 6th June 2012 at 08:07 PM.

Welcome to BN and congrats on the Rive Gauche.

Quite a versatile purchase, also at a very good price-quality ratio, so congrats.

Banned

They're all fine.
    You have a wide range of fragrances, which is good, and they can be used throughout the year.

&

Body Kouros, 3,3oz - $32
    Rive Gauche, 4,2oz - $36

Don't know the other one.

Rive Gauche is excellent, regardless of price. I don't care for Body Kouros, but a lot of peiple do. I don't know the others.

No offense thebeck, but I'd take RG over Leather Oud. I don't find that quality always comes with cost, but of course "quality" is very subjective. I have both and find LO a bit boring. I think RG is a modern classic. I'm not being politically correct, by the way, but I don't see anything wrong with being nice.

Welcome to Basenotes, Kenta.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Basenotes Institution

Many warm welcomes- love Rive Gauche !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thanks for all your replies, I really DO appreciate it!

When it comes to quality vs. quantity I do realize i might have acted a bit hasty, and the money "could" have been put to much better use, when I finally find something that i truly DO want.

I got a chance to sniff out Lanvin L'Homme Sport today at a dept. store and I was amazed, smelled really good and not very synthetic, a faily decent aquatic to my nose, albeit untrained this far.

Buuut, I also managed to grab ahold onto a 3,4oz Edition Blanche, for quite the fair price. I paid the equivalence of 100 USD, (920 swedish), which is well worth it to me. Hell, it costs MORE on strawberrynet even without the added worldwide shipping and the risk of being, pardon my wording, fisted by import duties. I checked the code and it's produced in Jan 2012 so i might hang on to that one for quite a while.

Oh yes also, I am eyeing Dior Homme Intense. I did smell a vintage sample at the store and didnt love the opening, but when i was leaving I smelled my wrist and was hooked there and then. The smaller 1,7oz was $80 so i decided to say fuck that and look around, I am gonna check local stores to see whether I could get to open one and check the code.

Is there any way of telling what batch it is just from the box itself?

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    Rive Gauche is excellent, regardless of price. I don't care for Body Kouros, but a lot of peiple do. I don't know the others.

No offense thebeck, but I'd take RG over Leather Oud. I don't find that quality always comes with cost, but of course "quality" is very subjective. I have both and find LO a bit boring. I think RG is a modern classic. I'm not being politically correct, by the way, but I don't see anything wrong with being nice.

Welcome to Basenotes, Kenta.
    Yup, same here.

I like both the RG and the Ed Hardy, and have heard good things about the others. Looks like a nice pickup, all the way around! Hope you enjoy them! And don't worry about possibly outgrowing scents you buy early in your journey; some of my earliest purchases remain amongst my favorite scents, even after experiencing a great many high-end fragrances.