Code of Conduct

Default Fave scents you wore in the 90's? Least fave you smelled? Male or female!

So, any that you loved to wear during that decade? Some you still wear?

Mine was Poison and Guess Original perfume, both bombs!. Also, Tuscany Per Donna by EL was a fave, still is along with the previously mentioned. Also loved Polo Original(1978) in the green bottle for men and Aspen? Lol.

Really disliked:

Exclamation
    Ck One

Sound Scents

Default Re: Fave scents you wore in the 90's? Least fave you smelled? Male or female!

Liked and still like Giorgio for Men, Original Polo and Cool Water. The first two I still wear.

Disliked and still dislike Eternity for Men, Joop! and Royal Copenhagen.
    Last edited by drseid; 1st June 2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Default Re: Fave scents you wore in the 90's? Least fave you smelled? Male or female!

Royal Copenhagen? Lol, never heard of that one! Had to look it up, I was expecting bigger notes of tobacco! Lol.

Well, I was still wearing perfumes from the 80s and earlier during the 90s (Coco, K de Krizia, La Perla and Gucci No3 were in constant rotation) but as far as favorite new perfumes of the 90s, mine were/are -

Dune - my very favorite all-around 90s fragrance
    8e Jour - and nobody else I knew had even heard of it
    Angel - of course
    Safari - and I collected all the ancillary products in those gorgeous cut-glass containers
    So Pretty - my favorite romantic/date perfume
    Gio - the only one I don't wear anymore, but I went through three or four bottles of this between about '93-'95, then suddenly got sick of it and I haven't worn it since.

I never liked CK One either, kalli, and I can even remember being slightly annoyed at the idea of a unisex fragrance, lol! I was honestly confused as to why any girl would want to use the same fragrance as her boyfriend, but especially vice-versa!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post

I never liked CK One either, kalli, and I can even remember being slightly annoyed at the idea of a unisex fragrance, lol! I was honestly confused as to why any girl would want to use the same fragrance as her boyfriend, but especially vice-versa!
    Yes, I was very annoyed at CK One, very annoyed! I just didn't get it. But never became a fan of it, maybe I am still a little annoyed! In fact, I think I am, lol. Whenever I hear 'CK One' or see the bottle it's annoying to me still. lol. Seems like that one was worn so much by so many people everywhere I went, which was also, really annoying! lol.

Loved and still love: Gengis Khan

Disliked:

Brooks Brothers for Men
    Havana

I wore Zino, Égoïste, and Eau d'Orange Verte in the '90s. Still like 'em.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Tabu and Timeless, my old standbys. Discovered Knowing and Baryshikov and wore them a lot. As others have noted, I still love all these and wear them often.

Dolce Vita, Dune, Faubourg, Bulgari Black, Le Feu D'Issey, original Mania, Theorema and Yvresse are my favourites from the 90's. I still have them all, except for Dune.

Never liked CK One and Escape. And ta-da!!! Le Male - the fatty fleur d'orange/vanilla/tonka bean note makes me nauseous...

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Royal Copenhagen? Lol, never heard of that one! Had to look it up, I was expecting bigger notes of tobacco! Lol.
    You are better off not knowing that one. ;-) Actually it has more than its share of supporters, but it is very powdery and I dislike powdery scents.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

What I wore back then: Salvador Dali PH, various Axe, Drakkar Noir, Chevignon Brand, Paco Energy, Oriflame New Spirit, Adidas Classic/Classic Blue and Dynamic/Dynamic Pulse

Really disliked (I did then, like I do now): ADG.

I wore:
    Dune
    Angel.

Hated with a passion the CKOne, Issey aquatic things. Still hate them today.
    DONNA

In the 90s I wore

Santal by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Chanel No 5
    Caleche

Truly could not abide and still dislike:

Eternity (though CKOne was ok)
    Opium (bad association)
    Obsession
    Fleurissimo

Like Evangeline I wore my 80s fragrances more than anything (and also my 70s frags), but the 90s scents -- or scents that I first encountered in the 90s and ended up wearing -- included:

Perry Ellis 360 (which I soon grew to DETEST)
    Alfred Sung (which I soon grew to DETEST)
    Fendi (which I soon grew to DETEST -- notice a theme here?)
    The Body Shop Dewberry ( . . . )
    Unter den Linden -- which I adored, and which was shortly discontinued forever and ever

Scents I never warmed up to
    Gucci anything -- though I now like Gucci Rush
    Calvin Klein anything -- I only loved their original Calvin Klein for Women and Calvin Klein for men, released in the late 70s

I wore Joop! Homme, Dior Fahrenheit and Cerruti Image for Men. Good times, good times...

My first frag was Gravity, cost $8-it was the only fragrance that I wore since it was the only one I owned. All my friends that were girls loved it, I thought it was ok, but I wore it for the girls. Now, when I smell it, I don't like it, but there are a lot of good memories attached to it. Funny stuff this fragrance stuff.

Wore in the 90s? Dune which is still a great love. Tuscany pour Donna which I can no longer find in the UK. Il Bacio disappeared. Givenchy III and Ivoire de Balmain I still love floral chypres as you all know. Aromatics Elixir more chypre! Wrappings herbal and comforting.

90s scent I dislike L'Eau D'Issey, CKOne and anything "aquatic". Calone gives me a nauseous headache

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

OMG the ENTIRE DECADE smelled like CKOne. EVERYONE wore it, which has to mean there was some type of subliminal advertising going on because how THAT MANY people thought that crap actually smelled GOOD is something I will NEVER UNDERSTAND.

Currently binging on roses.... Jo Malone, you dirty bitch. You too, Stella McCartney.

Blog Entries

Liz Claiborne for men
    Contradiction
    Versace
    CK Be
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by meowmo View Post
    OMG the ENTIRE DECADE smelled like CKOne.
    This made me LOL. Haha! So true! It was all about CK One and anything Tommy Hillfinger. Ya, I would call it Hillfinger and I hated ALL things Tommy! Tommy sucked, still does, lol. Why is TH anything still around? Haha.

I did like CK Eternity a bit back then for a SHORT while..that was another one every guy seemed to wear. I've only really liked Euphoria and Forbidden Euphoria by CK, those are good scents.