Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Wildroses - peachiest sounds like a darned good word to me .

Primrose - hugs !
    Yes I think I must it . In the meantime
    I bought the nearest thing to X perfume which is Gucci Rush !
    Oh I love this stuff and it's discontinued .
    Bah humbug .
    I bought the last 30 mls from my Sephora . Must. Look. For. More . Anywhere available .

Gucci Rush is X for Women . The opening peach booze is the same . The difference is in the dry down where Rush becomes a fuzzy sweet dark melange of God Knows What and X is labdanum -ish.
    I imagine if Clive Christian ever made an EDT of X , it would smell like Gucci Rush .

The lovely SA at Sephora emptied the rest of the tester into vials for me to take home and I hugged her like she handed me the Holy Grail from Indiana Jones movies .

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Visa by Robert Piguet AND Peach frustrations,thoughts

Mimi, I thought of you as I walked into my kitchen. About 3 days ago, I bought a basket of ripe peaches. Since then I have made Spiced Peach muffins, used them in my bbq sauce for baby back ribs and enjoyed them with fresh blackberries and vanilla bean ice cream. The very best part isn't eating them, it's walking into my house and smelling the fresh, natural peach!

Stan has taken to tickling me in the ribs and exclaiming "Peach, Peach" in a very silly voice.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

Oh that's wonderful RHM !
    I bought some nectarines today but I love white peaches .
    Really ripe peaches = heavenly . *sigh*
    I'm wearing Gucci Rush again, this evening after my shower .
    I may write an email to Gucci ! I want it back ! Waaaaaah ...........

queen of the universe

Here in Northeast Ohio, August is the month for Redhaven peaches. They are so good eaten in hand that I hesitate to make them into a pie or cobbler. Juice running down your chin, it IS summer.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Institution

I will never ever get away from the love of peach*sigh * Juice running down the chin sounds so *juicy* .

I think I will also try L'eau de Circe by Parfumerie Generale.
    I am sorry I am putting you all through my public peach 'rush ' ( sorry ... I have Rush on my brain ) and my obsessive search for just that particular combination of peach aroma.

I love the lactonic peach smell best ( thank you ,Mitsouko... ) but I also love a bit of skank - ripeness or darkness cutting through .
    Peach - labdanum - * sigh * .......
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I loved Gucci Rush, too. It had to be discontinued because the rose ketones it relies entirely on have been hit super hard by IFRA restrictions. Beta damascone has that boozy, fruity, tobacco-y, intoxicating smell and alpha damascone is juicy, shrill, sweet, apple-like. They are really great to form interesting fruit notes but now you can only have a teeny tiny bit of them in your finished product. I'm guessing Rush couldn't be reformulated to accomodate the changes or maybe they thought it would just be easier to discontinue it rather than go to the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I will never ever get away from the love of peach*sigh * Juice running down the chin sounds so *juicy* .

I think I will also try L'eau de Circe by Parfumerie Generale.
    I am sorry I am putting you all through my public peach 'rush ' ( sorry ... I have Rush on my brain ) and my obsessive search for just that particular combination of peach aroma.

I love the lactonic peach smell best ( thank you ,Mitsouko... ) but I also love a bit of skank - ripeness or darkness cutting through .
    Peach - labdanum - * sigh * .......
    Hi there Mimi,

Thought I'd chime in on the PG L'eau de Circe. I found it to be very reminiscent of Guerlain's Nahema. A bit less serious, a bit less "large and in charge". I did not find it necessary to own both, but who am I to speak for anyone else?

Basenotes Institution

Hi Jardanel - your input is greatly appreciated !
    I know I am probably being an infidel saying this but I really don't like Nahema . Hmmmmm, I should try out L'eau de Circe anyway just for the experience.

Dang, I have never smell Gucci Rush. And I saw one the other day at tjmaxx for almost nothing. I will go back there tomorrow and get it!

And Mimi, Nahema and I are not friends either. I have tried and tried to love her. I just can't.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Basenotes Institution

KarmaLee - I'm so glad I'm not alone re. Nahema !

Yes, grab that Gucci Rush from TJMaxx . definitely worth it if you love X for Women .

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    I loved Gucci Rush, too. It had to be discontinued because the rose ketones it relies entirely on have been hit super hard by IFRA restrictions. Beta damascone has that boozy, fruity, tobacco-y, intoxicating smell and alpha damascone is juicy, shrill, sweet, apple-like. They are really great to form interesting fruit notes but now you can only have a teeny tiny bit of them in your finished product. I'm guessing Rush couldn't be reformulated to accomodate the changes or maybe they thought it would just be easier to discontinue it rather than go to the trouble.
    Thanks Nukapai . That really does explain it . It also explains something about X too . I suspect it has been reformulated as well .

PS. Scent - you were right about Gucci Rush - hugs! I went back and looked at an earlier thread when you told me that last year ! And look at me... I only just got around to Rush now........ *shame*
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 26th June 2012 at 04:20 AM.

hint: amplify peachyness with yves rocher peach shower gel and/or the scrub from the les plaisirs nature collection. It is an amplifier, a gentle nudge in the direction of the orchard....it lingers gracefully.

Mimi, have you tried LEau la Folie by Parfums De Nicolai? Supposed to have a juicy peach accord.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Institution

Kalli - I haven't so thanks for the suggestion ! My list is growing ......
    Would you include Hermessence Osmanthus Yunnan as well ?

Are you asking me? Lol..hehe, haven't sniffed that one. I guess it has an apricot note in there, apricot smells pretty different to me than peach from what I have sampled. But I haven't sniffed it, so I have no idea.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Institution

Yes Kalli ! And anyone else who wants to join in our peach mania !

My thinking was apricot - peach -same sort of fruit difference ! which made me think of Nukapai's suggestion of Daim Blonde which somehow led me to the apricot - ness of Osmanthus and Osmanthus Yunnan ........
    That's my funny train of thought .

Got out my Daim Blonde sample- it's gorrrrrgeous . Thanks to Suga for this sample. Though it's apricot, it does fall in the peachy category for me ..just about. It's very clean healthy skin of a beautiful untouchable woman . ( Though it also reminds me of new carpets and sofas... just a memory from my past . )

Also got out my lovely sample of Profumo by Acqua di Parma ( the current formula in the white box packaging , not the red box ) . This one is so reminiscent of Mitsouko for me .Truly a perfect peachy chypre- not quite as dark as Mitsouko but it does remind me more of Mitsouko in the 1990s.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 27th June 2012 at 05:17 AM.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gucci Rush for how much at the TJ Maxx? I paid $65 for a 1.7 oz the other day. Had no clue of its impending demise. Rush is my absolute favorite (I'm a newbie to scent though), but that's kind of embarrassing, as it's such a loud and maybe vulgar scent. Nice to see some experienced perfumistas love it, too, along with the drug-pusher I heard of it from, Tania Sanchez. Can't believe how many people hate the Tom Ford-designed bottle. I think it, along with the expressive strangeness of the juice, telegraphs a Rothko painting-like punch of emotion.

And on the subject of the reformulated Visa: I adore the top notes and have never smelled peach done so well, but the drydown makes me sneeze uncontrollably. No other perfume has ever done that, and I have no allergies expect to wheat. Anyone know why Visa would cause such a reaction?

The Angel similarity seems to be there only in the shared boldness and aggressive fruit, but Visa is warm, straightforward, and earthy to me while Angel is outerspace, still avant-garde in spite of its ubiquity, and strangely cold in spite of the patchouli.

Sometimes Visa has a formaldehyde note to me. Maybe I have a bad sample.

So Mimi,is the vintage Visa worth sending off for? I'm a big animalics and Cellier fan (there seems to be some debate as to whether she authored Visa? anyone know for sure?).
    Last edited by anomie et ivoire; 27th June 2012 at 06:52 AM.

Mimi, I love Daim Blond, too. Shocking news, I know, from this admitted Serge groupie. All this talk about peach and apricot had me wearing Visa over the weekend and Daim Blond yesterday.

Basenotes Institution

I lost my post .This is happening so frequently I think I will have to make a copy before posting in case it happens again.

Welcome again anomie et ivoire and hello ExtremeKF ! It's fun to have you two here .

Re . Visa vintage. Yes, Anomie - it is worth sending off for - it is 100 % different from the current re-issue.
    Re. The authorship of Visa vintage.
    The perfumer was Jean Carles ( Tabu ) and not Germaine Cellier.
    I am linking to lovely Carmencanada 's blog Grain du Musc and her great article on it.
    http://graindemusc.blogspot.com/2008...e-and-new.html

Visa vintage is close in structure to vintage Tabu, an oriental with anisic overtones and an animalic vibe. So Carles authorship is definitely likely. Definitely worth looking for if you like such types of perfumes. As others have remarked, it is not fruity.

Hard to find - I got a stroke of luck and found an edt at an antique store. Likely even harder to find the parfum. The box is lovely. Oval shaped, perfectly wrapping around the oval bottle, and with a nice green and red tartan motif.

cacio

Basenotes Institution

And so I bought X by Clive Christian . I couldn't help myself anymore and gave in. Primrose you would be proud of me.
    I'm not sure how long this X rated relationship will last ( damned expensive relationship - all take ,take ,take and no give ! *LOL* ) but I have finally admitted my love by buying it.

All this peach talk..I had to buy a couple at the store the other day. Yum.

But another one I hear is good is Keiko Mecheri Peau de Peche..did you sample this? I thought I saw talk of Peau De Peche around here come to think of it. Yummy or? (if you did sample it?).

Also, heard Yvresse by YSL is good. And Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle by Lucy B has a peach note. And Rochas Femme, if that one hasn't been mentioned already. More to think about I guess!
    Last edited by kalli; 28th June 2012 at 08:07 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Hey Kalli - I did sample it twice over. Re. Peau de Peche ...It's good white peach skin but gets orris powdery and woody .Not really my favorite .......
    Oh thanks to Cacio -I have a lovely spray sample of Histoires de Parfums 1969 !
    it's actually very good - from a first impression - if you like current Visa, you will like 1969. I will be sampling it again .

Sorry, been lax in my posting for a few days.

Update: TJ Maxx had ONE bottle of Gucci Rush about 3 weeks ago. I passed it by. I think for 39.99? When I went back, it was gone. There are some bottles still of the edt at ULTA, a cosmetic store.

PEACH! I accidentily found my ripe peach scent. I had some Badgley M. put up to give to a friend. I had not smelled it in ages, but had kept a small spray bottle. I spritzed it the other night just on a whim.

And got PEACHES. Ripe ones. It is not a listed note, but some mixture in there hits me as very ripe, very sweet peach.

Anybody else?
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

I definitely get peach from Badgley M too, together with many other fruits. But I'd say it is also in the Angelic tradition, not as much as Visa, of course. But it is a fruity floral with a patch base too.

cacio

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    I find Mollie Parnis to open with a blast of ketones, too; based on your description of a fruity tobacco vibe I wonder if they're not the same ones. MP is discontinued and its unique astringent punch seems past recapturing, alas.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!