Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default Visa by Robert Piguet AND Peach frustrations,thoughts

I feel a peach kick arising in my soul, folks ! I have always loved peach from my first Mitsouko days and I have Fresh Sake and Tresor . Mitsouko too , of course.
    I blame Clive Christian's X for women for my kick coming on .X for women is a peachy chypre sort of scent . However I question a lot about Clive Christian - not least the price.

So I have read Visa is peach - vanilla- patchouli - as a rough sketch .

Can I have your thoughts ,please ?

Cacio - I think you love fruit !
    Kewart - if you are around - I think you love Visa too .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 11th June 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Default Re: Visa by Robert Piguet

Yes, current Visa is fruit over leather, woods and patch. Clearly a post-Angel product. Not everybody perceives the leather though (I do). Peach is prominent, but it's not only that, it's more complex fruity (plum, apricot, some berries), and it's definitely sweet, not bitter as in Mitsouko. But the overall effect is not cloying because of the leather and woods base. It's the same perfumer as Chinatown and certainly there is a common plush gourmand effect.

If you want more classic peach, I think you should rather check into things like Enlevement au Serail, or, more subdued, $$$ Promesse de l'Aube or 31 rue Cambon.

cacio

Its more of a boozy peach, kinda like semi-flat peach champagne.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the replies !

Cacio - I was actually disappointed with Enlevement au Serail and I have yet to try Promesse de l'Aube .

L'eaulita
    - I love peach -actually semi - flat peach champagne sounds good ! I also tried Peche Cardinale but was also disappointed with it because the coconut note was so forefront on me.

I love Visa. Definitely sweet, and I get a peachy-melony vibe from it, plus patchouli. The leather in it to me is like shiny black handbag leather. I actually don't get the comparisons to Angel, but maybe I haven't smelled enough.

Basenotes Institution

Kagey - the comparisons with Angel are really plentiful but I am ready to take Visa on its own merits . I actually adore peach and I adore melon and I really dislike Angel !
    ( I mourn the loss of New West for Women which if I remember correctly ...was a good melon - this was before my perfumista days though ! )

Hi Mimi. For me, Angel is all cotton candy, chocolate, and patchouli, and I do like it on occasion. Visa is more fruity. Maybe it's the healthy fruit salad version of Angel

Will be interested to hear your take on Visa.

Peach leaves me a bit stumped. I know it exists in Mitsouko but I can't really detect it. I probably need more practice.

Basenotes Institution

I think with Angel - my main concern is that it will trigger one of my dreaded migraines. It does smell good but it's far too intense and dense for me. "Healthy fruit salad' sounds good, Kagey . I look forward to trying out Visa.

Mitsouko - the peach is in the heart notes of the modern extrait . The EDP is also very good but a little more aggressive on the cinnamon to me . I detect more dry peach skin as it dries down before the vetiver hits with the bloody thin moss they put in the drydown instead of the chockful of oakmoss Mitsi once had. ( Sorry , Mitsouko is my heartbreak perfume since it has changed. There is NOTHING bar NOTHING like the original Parfum de Toilette - my first Mitsouko. )

Peach when done well can really meld with my skin for some reason ...or I am just completely brainwashed with loving peach from my Mitsouko days...... *LOL*
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 8th June 2012 at 06:09 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Mimi- these are my comments on Visa during cacio's "pass the sample fruity" last weekend.

Visa Yummy YUM. I really need to explore the Piguet house more. I have vintage Fracas (in spades and I rarely wear it because it's just so overtly bombastic.
    Visa is understated, classy, yet rich in the fruit and spice. I don't get the Angel comparison oft made- it's not overtly bombastic enough for that Plus no chocolate note.
    This is wearable anywhere by anyone.
    I do see a similarity to two fruity/spicy faves I have- Mauboussin, which is drier, and Silences Purple, which is sweeter. I may need to get a bottle of this at the LV Meet-up.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Institution

Knit- thanks for dropping in !
    Mauboussin is lovely- a kind basenoter sent me a bottle of it .
    I am so glad to hear there is no chocolate in Visa , Knit. Chocolate done realistically as in Musc Maori is great but most of the time, I dislike chocolate in perfume . ( The one note in Black Orchid I don't like ! )
    I am so glad to hear that you don't get an Angel comparison either !

Fruit, spice, classy ,rich ,understated- oh yeah baby . (( Knit))

Mimi, I looked at The Guide and LT/TS say it's a fruity floral leather.

The leather gets me interested!

I have only the Piguet Fracas and Bandit and have never tried Visa.

I also would have liked to have tried the Piguet Cravache, but I hear they took the leather out. And "cravache" means "riding crop" in French! That is like having Cuir Ottoman and taking out the leather!

Off the top of my head, I think D&G The One has a lot of peach.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Primrose !

I know- every time I read 'leather' I think of you !
    Some review I read ,said, that Visa reminded them of Boxeuses by Uncle Serge.
    Plum / peach - I am all in .

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Primrose !

I know- every time I read 'leather' I think of you !
    Some review I read ,said, that Visa reminded them of Boxeuses by Uncle Serge.
    Plum / peach - I am all in .
    Mimi, Boxeuses is an interesting plum/leather scent, but I can't recall a pronounced peach note. It's not in the export line, sadly.

For plum/leather, I like 1889 Moulin Rouge by Histoires de Parfums. Lasts all day and I got a compliment!
    Last edited by Primrose; 8th June 2012 at 07:19 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

That's true Primrose- that Boxeuses is plum leather !
    I also have heard 1969 by Histoires de Parfums is a peach .

Basenotes Plus

1969- An acidic peach top quickly morphs into cocoa and patchouli / musk on my skin. It's really fun!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Mims, I personally find Mitsouko PdT not terribly different from the modern extrait, which is - if one wanted to fault it for something - too bright and 'easy-going' in mood.
    Boxeuses is a plush plum with a very redux cuir-de-russie leather in the background. I perceive it best when dabbed. Overall it's a rather low sillage fragrance with moderate longevity, a bit watery in feel...
    I do not like Visa, but then, fruit and leather hardly ever entices me.

Late to the party as usual! Yes, you are very observant Mimi - I adore Visa.

Aurelian Guichard reformulated this and was also responsible for China Town,
    which it is a kissing cousin to. The bottle is very classy and the scent is totally
    elegant. Nearly every perfume I fall head over heels for has a touch of immortelle
    in there somewhere, and Visa is no exception. It also contains bergamot, benzoin and
    peach notes that I also love.

Visa is somewhat like Angel to begin with then morphs into something altogether more
    enchanting. It is quite sweet, but the leather and immortelle seem to stop it veering
    off into "toothache" territory.

I think you will love it if fruit and leather are your thing. They sure are mine!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Basenotes Institution

Knit- I will get around to trying out 1969 !
    Larimar- I will go wear Mitsouko extrait again and see what I get. I think the main problem for me is the iris note in the extrait and the base as well .
    Kewart- yay ! Mmmm, fruit and leather sounds delish .

I would actually break my rule and buy this blind but luckily a very sweet Basenoter is sending me a sample so I will have to control myself till I get it.

Mimi, I really enjoy Visa -- I wear it a lot, especially in the autumn and winter when many florals just don't "feel" right.

Visa for me is peachy/fruity, some nice leather, sweetness, and spice. I personally get a lot more spice than woods. In fact, I have it categorized in my collection as a spicy floral.

I don't find this particularly reminiscent of Angel -- which is a good thing as I don't care for it, either. I think on me the patchouli presents through the sweetness and leather.

Enjoy! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.

queen of the universe

Here's what I wrote on cacio's thread:
    Enjoying this. Fave so far is Piguet Visa. I applied before bed and woke up to a cherry pipe tobacco vibe. Overall these are candied fruits, and even range into marzipan or loukhoum territory, at least to my nose.
    I may have to buy this. It was wonderful. Cacio's fruity sample pack was loads of fun.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

queen of the universe

doop. oops.

Mimi, how do YouTube Amouage Ciel? Other than expensive obviously! I was looking for something else but read the notes. A gardenia opening with a peachy heart... Well who else would immediately come to mind?

I'd love to hear your views after finally finding my own Amouage love

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Mimi, how do YouTube Amouage Ciel? Other than expensive obviously! I was looking for something else but read the notes. A gardenia opening with a peachy heart... Well who else would immediately come to mind?

I'd love to hear your views after finally finding my own Amouage love
    Hehehe ! Yees, Ciel did cross my mind- I will have to sample it too ...............

I don't get the Angel association, I would probably call out Gucci Rush before Angel- anyone else get Gucci Rush from it? Its definitely underrated, its such a well done scent, very glamourous and befitting if its name/inspiration. A jet-setting glamourous woman in designer attire, sipping champagne on her private jet. No doubt off to Paris to go shopping!

Basenotes Institution

Oh the lemming has intensified ! I can't wait to try Visa .

You'll definitely have to let us know how you experience it Mimi!

Coming late to this thread. I love Visa? Do you still need someone to send you a sample? I have enough to spare.

Basenotes Institution

Hi Mats ! Thanks for the offer !
    I've got a sample coming soon . I'd love to hear your views on Visa though .

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    ... Nearly every perfume I fall head over heels for has a touch of immortelle
    in there somewhere, and Visa is no exception.

Ooooh! I've been curious about Visa for awhile myself. Now that you say the immortelle is detectable makes me even MORE curious. I might have to rustle up a sample too.
    Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.
    - Georgia O'Keeffe

Basenotes Institution

Welcome Santalgal ! If you get a sample- I would also love to hear your views on it. On such a peachy kick right now.

Mims cant wait to hear what you think , after hearing some mini review on youtube its something I think I quite fancy trying myself .... Ive often thought why hasnt anyone done a really good peach .... Ive yet to experience it as I dont get any peachy notes at all in Mitsouko .....

Basenotes Institution

P - I know- I am just dying to try out Visa. I don't know how Visa went under my radar for so long !
    Mitsouko's peach is quite subtle ,interwoven and more of a milky/ lactonic peach skin rather than a bright juicy peach ,IMHO.

I have often thought why doesn't someone just do a good peach from beginning to end too ! Perhaps the peach has had its reputation tarnished by the shampoo association ?

Really Clive Christian's X perfume - having sampled it for ages now- it is a really good dark peach scent with some jasmine, from beginning to end. At first I got peach shampoo but it IS a good peach perfume in all fairness. What is not good about it is the expense and the scent though fairly long lasting sits far too close to the skin - not a lot of projection .

The other peach I thought of and tried is MDCI Peche Cardinal . ( I know our Hillaire who has gone loved this... )
    The peach note in this was deliriously good but why put coconut in it ? I know I will try this one again as well because the peach was excellent.

NB.

I edited the title of this thread so we can include our peachy thoughts and frustrations. All comments about peach in perfume welcome !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 11th June 2012 at 04:22 PM.

queen of the universe

Default Re: Visa by Robert Piguet AND Peach frustrations,thoughts

My take on Boxeuses:
    Lutens Boxeuse: I really liked this one, too. 1st impression on paper was marshmallow and berries. Later I got honeyed coriander and smoke, overall a fruity leather.
    Mimi, please, please, pleeeze let me send you a bit of the Mollie Parnis! It would be worth it just to hear your sure-to-be swoony reaction to it!

Basenotes Institution

Jujy - I insist you keep it for your own use ! You are a sweetheart but it is too rare and precious !

Re: Peche Cardinal by Parfums MDCI. Please let the coconut be restrained ! I love the peach opening on this one and I know Suga loves this. Our tastes are quite similar enough to call Suga my scent Twin. If he likes something, chances are I will like it too. So I am havnig a second re try of this in The Name of Suga !

Have you ever tried al02 by Biehl Parfumkunstwerke ?. It's a beautiful fruity/woody/incense and it has peach in it.

Basenotes Institution

Pierre- thanks for your input ! This is probably another one I should test out.

Just sampled Visa; found it too sweet, not at all leathery. 1969 is the ticket for peach -- strange, wonderful. Promesse is pretty but doesn't do it for me; it's like a chiffon party dress -- not my thing. One peach that nobody mentioned is No Regrets; it's a true chypre and very boozy.

Basenotes Institution

Oh thanks for your insights into Visa Rednails !
    1969 - sounds very very interesting as well . My brain is ticking wildly !

Keiko Mecheri - Peau de Peche

It's supposed to represent the skin of a white peach, more than the fruit. But as "peach" representatives go, it's very nice in its non-syrupy character. The slight bitterness in it (again, to represent more the skin and the layer right underneath the skin of a peach) is also a balancing factor.

Re: Visa - I had some generous samples of the new juice. I liked but didn't love it. Although I don't see this as being a blood relative to Angel, it is a pretty potent formula. It made me think of mohair sweaters and bare trees and other things that are late autumn/early winter. Definitely not a summer frag, imo.

Basenotes Institution

Jardanel , thanks !
    I've tried Peau de Peche and I really liked the start of it with the white peach - subtle and truly peachy but it became quite powdery and less peach like and more woody as it dried down . I'm guessing the powder was from the orris ?
    On my skin, it was quite a light scent too. Perhaps my skin chemistry and the dry climate combined ?

As a side note - I sometimes question if I am getting a true impression of a scent from a dab on vial sample. I am sure 90 % of the time it IS a true impression but with some scents ,they are definitely worth testing out by spraying. Peau de Peche is one of them .

With the sultry Virginia summer upon me, peach has been of late on my mind. I pulled out my vintage Mitsouko pdt and my newer one, and again, and again, I try to get to the peach in there.

I just can't. Well, maybe just a whiff of dried peach skin and pit in the middle?

But as many of you, I would swoon to have a real full nearly ripe-rotten peach note in a scent. From this thread, I see I musst try VISA since it also has so many other things I love. If I could find ripe peach, like a sticky sweet peach with that bit of nasty of overripe, overlaid on warm leather? I might just have to be revived from swooning or falling over in a dead faint.

So, VISA. I have tried D&G The One--not peachy enough for what I am lusting for. Going to peruse this thread again and go treat myself to an order of peachy samples.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

I get more of an overripe fruit feel from Amouage Lyric, though it's not specifically peachy per se.

cacio

queen of the universe

Mimi, Okay, okay! I will think of you next time I dab it on. Besos!

Basenotes Institution

Thanks to Cacio's generosity ( hugs ! ) - I am able to try out Visa in both forms - vintage EDT and modern EDP.

I couldn't help myself and I went straight for the Visa modern EDP for starters.
    From the very first spray I can already tell this has oomph and tenacity which comes from the underlying vanilla and patchouli .On top of this sits a plum rather than peach on me . I actually find Visa to be quite linear becasue it reveals everything from the get go .
    I also see the reference to Angel in Visa though Visa is more wearable. Alongside the plum- peach I also get chocolate which I think is coming from the vanilla + patchouli accords. Throughout there is this real nod to gourmand . I really do not get the leathery notes in this at all. In entirety, Visa smells very plush and velvety . It smells sophisticated .
    I can describe it as a plate of heaped dried peach and plum , steamed till soft and drizzled with vanilla and dark chocolate. The aroma from that plate would be the essence of Visa for me .
    I don't really like chocolate in my scents but the chocolate I am getting is probably my own perception. I am sure a lot of wearers don't perceive chocolate in Visa ,from what I have read.
    Visa in current EDP - as a color I would say is a velvet purple .

Peche Cardinal by Parfums MDCI

***I just posted this on the sample thread. I am really sorry half of this is in Bold - I can't seem to get rid of it.

Peche Cardinal and I have been wary of each other for about a year. So these are my second thoughts about this scent.
    I think Peche Cardinal elicits either love or complete loathing ! It's very polarising because it my mind, the scent itself is no holds barred and polarising itself . It makes a statement in much the same way as many powerhouse fragrances like Black Orchid, Poison by Dior or God Forbid Giorgio Beverly Hills.

So big whammy of sweet peach plus added fruitiness from davana will hit you. This is bad ass fruit- neon orange fruit. The scent at this stage build momentum because the crescendo is when the coconut and white florals all join together with the peach .The repeated image that comes to mind is a giant orange ball - like a huge orange beach ball - shiny and just so round. A balloon of peachiness !
    I attribute this to the coconut note which blows all the other notes up .
    Now the fruit becomes apricot ! Even 'grape' comes to mind if you sniff really intently.
    I think it is the mix of stone fruit, coconut and white florals that does this. Just when you think ,you can't take anymore, that tidal wave - balloon of big fat fruit crashes- deflates and you are left with a crystal clear peach note again and some clean musk .
    wow ! What a ride !
    Longevity is stellar and so is sillage though not obnoxiously so.

The color of this perfume is definitely orange.
    Anyone from the UK will know this next line from the Orange cell / mobile phone network - it could be the winning line for Peche Cardinal. Their slogan obviously worked on me as I remember it always.
    " The future is bright, the future is orange. " .. I am Peche Cardinal !

Do I like it now ? Does the dastardly coconut bother me anymore ? Yes and no the coconut doesn't bother me anymore.
    One reviewer from Luckyscent says it all. It goes something like this......." If you are going to do peach, go big or go home." Quite true ! *LOL*
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 14th June 2012 at 05:24 PM.

Basenotes Institution

The Ripest Peach by James Whitcomb Riley ( from theotherpages.org)

THE ripest peach is highest on the tree --
    And so her love, beyond the reach of me,
    Is dearest in my sight. Sweet breezes, bow
    Her heart down to me where I worship now!

She looms aloft where every eye may see
    The ripest peach is highest on the tree.
    Such fruitage as her love I know, alas!
    I may not reach here from the orchard grass.

I drink the sunshine showered past her lips
    As roses drain the dewdrop as it drips.
    The ripest peach is highest on the tree,
    And so mine eyes gaze upward eagerly.

Why -- why do I not turn away in wrath
    And pluck some heart here hanging in my path? --
    Love's lower boughs bend with them -- but, ah me!
    The ripest peach is highest on the tree!

Today I am re sampling Peau de Peche by Keiko Mecheri .
    It's a very beautiful fragrance in many ways and I love the light subtle milky peachy way the scent is in the first half an hour or so . I think I have a problem with the dry down which is sort of dryer sheet - like on my skin. It's also powdery as I noted earlier. The poem is one I first read when I wrote for AromaErotici's blog and thought of Peau de Peche then .

It does seem the ripest peach is the highest on the damned tree !

Wow, this thread is really making me want to try Visa. I love, love, love a good peach note, especially if its couched in some darker, deeper notes. I have never seen it in stores but I think I will need to track some down. It sounds like it would be especially lovely in the cooler months of the year. I get a little whiff of peach from Mitsouko and a wallop of it from Chinatown, but it would be nice to have a peachy fragrance that's less austere than the former and less flamboyant than the latter.

I need a rich uncle or another very lucrative job. I need to sample so many peachy wonders now.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by rednails View Post
    Just sampled Visa; found it too sweet, not at all leathery. 1969 is the ticket for peach -- strange, wonderful. Promesse is pretty but doesn't do it for me; it's like a chiffon party dress -- not my thing. One peach that nobody mentioned is No Regrets; it's a true chypre and very boozy.
    I'm not getting chypre with No Regrets, tho I am starting to appreciate it after several wearings. Maybe it deserves better than my 1st reaction: marshmallow dipped in motor oil set next to a strawberry from the back of the fridge, tho I still hold that it opens with fruit about to go bad. It is boozy, and very dance-clubby. I just can't quite take it seriously.

Basenotes Plus

Mimi, I have been away, so I am sorry to be so late to this thread. Robert Piguet is one of my favorite perfume houses and VISA, is my daughter's favorite fragrance on me. However, I can't stand the smell of "fake" peach. So for me to love the white peach note in VISA is really something.

Here is a review I wrote of VISA: http://www.sniffapaloozamagazine.com...nGuichard.html

I can send you some of the parfum, if you would like to try it.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

((Hugs RHM))
    I have already read that lovely piece RHM ! I read it last week and it was a good insight !
    I'm really not sure Visa is for me because I do seem to get chocolate and a lot of Angel from it on my skin. Thanks so much for the offer of the parfum sample but don't worry , Sweets !

Basenotes Institution

Visa Vintage EDT - thank you dear Cacio . Visa will always remind me of you .

I'm posting this here in relation to the current Visa EDP .

Whoa ! Visa vintage and Visa Current bear absolutely no relation to each other . The current version is well ...... Very relevant to the tastes of today.
    Visa vintage is dark, furry and animalic . I'm not sure I got any top notes - if these have gone from the scent with age but what is huge with Visa vintage is animalic lust . Amouage Lyric in extrait is animalic but only half as much as this powerhouse old gal.

The difference between the two versions is akin to chalk and cheese , Sweet and savory .

Needless to say , there is no peach in Visa vintage .

Visa vintage is pretty much in the tradition of Tabu, a powerful animalic leather oriental whose style is now completely out of fashion. (Current Tabu is still animalic and leathery, but too cheap and harsh). It is in fact often credited to the same perfumer, Jean Carles. Incidentally, the box is quite chic with its plaid motif:
    http://www.cagetti.com/Pictures/boston12.jpg
    I especially like the fact that the box is oval, compact, and fitting snugly around the bottle.

cacio

Basenotes Institution

Oo, thanks for the picture , Cacio . Yes Visa , new and vintage - is such a revelation and it's a privilege to be able to smell both versions side by side .
    Both scents are distinctive in their own ways but definitely different . I can see why Aurelien Guichard took a dissimilar route with current Visa . The vintage would probably not have been received well with today's tastes in general .

If any of you who might enjoy a full-on, boozy, 80s-style peach and tuberose scent would like to send me a PM...

Meanwhile, you might also like Serge Lutens Daim Blond; it's like apricots wrapped in suede.

Basenotes Institution

Oh yes, Diam Blond is beautiful , Nukapai ! I kinda like to put my peaches and apricots in one basket - I don't know why but I love both those smells.

And here's a little gem that has grabbed my attention ..for a while.

Burberry Classic

I dug around in my handbag because I was sure I had a spray sample of this in there .
    I gather the notes are blackcurrant , apple, peach ,jasmine, sandalwood, vanilla and cedar.
    It's very peachy - fruity to begin with and then alas ! all vanilla woods later. Very pretty fragrance.

I think I will go seek out Liasons Dangereuses By Kilian ......which would be Typical Me...

I haven't had many encounters with peach. However, I really did like the peach in Tresor In Love. It's a juicy, peachy scent that's pretty nice. It's just too bad that scent doesn't last very long on my skin(could be cause of the dry climate I live in as well, some scents just don't stick around that long sometimes). If only they had this in an extrait form lol, that would make me very happy! It leaves me craving for more. It's worth a sniff if one hasn't tried it. I'd love to try more with peach. It's such a great note.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I couldn't help myself and I went straight for the Visa modern EDP for starters.
    From the very first spray I can already tell this has oomph and tenacity which comes from the underlying vanilla and patchouli .On top of this sits a plum rather than peach on me . I actually find Visa to be quite linear because it reveals everything from the get go .
    I also see the reference to Angel in Visa though Visa is more wearable. Alongside the plum- peach I also get chocolate which I think is coming from the vanilla + patchouli accords. Throughout there is this real nod to gourmand . I really do not get the leathery notes in this at all. In entirety, Visa smells very plush and velvety . It smells sophisticated .
    I can describe it as a plate of heaped dried peach and plum , steamed till soft and drizzled with vanilla and dark chocolate. The aroma from that plate would be the essence of Visa for me .

Visa in current EDP - as a color I would say is a velvet purple .
    [/B]
    I've been following this thread....because I adore the scent of peaches.
    I have and love Mitsouko and Peau de Peche.

I am also VERY suggestible, as are many of us here, right??.....I bought a bottle of Piguet's Visa unsniffed.
    Oh, My Goodness ---- I adore Visa!

I echo Mimi Gardenia's thoughts about this luscious scent. And....I should have known I would like this because it has also received a stellar recommendation from Kewart. (Hello, Kewart....I am "Smedley" from POL)

Visa is stunningly beautiful -- very sophisticated and luxurious.
    Thanks, fellow perfume lovers. I am thrilled to have my new bottle. I know I will be wearing it often.

Basenotes Institution

Welcome Lorien - so good to have another luscious peach lover here ! Yay !

Congrats on the Visa - wear it with good peachy health !

I am linking Purplebird's excellent peach thread to this one.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/194...Kinds-of-Peach

Clive Christian X perfume for Women

Okay , I have reviewed this one once before for the sample thread but I have got to get this off my chest.
    I know Clive Christian bought over The Crown Perfumery and for that, I think he will always be known as The Kitchen- Furniture Maker Who Axed A Great Perfume Company And We Will Remember This Always. Poor guy.....
    However, I will put bias aside for now. I am interested only in the scent.

If a perfume company says their ingredients are top notch ,all natural ,only the best, triple extract, quality before price etc - then my expectations will be very high. I expect the best from this company as advertised.
    Amouage is the other company I have held in high regard in regards to the quality of their perfumes ( not sure what their direction is lately, but that's another thread........)

So on to Clive Christian X for Women .
    'The Ripest Peach is Highest on the Tree', the most expensive on the credit card or heaviest weighing on the wallet ... and the most frustrating. This is Clive Christian X for women .
    It is a most wonderful peach - dry peach ,peach skin, sweet peach flesh , peach stone with flesh clinging , decaying peach .....
    The problem is the longevity of this scent. It's infuriatingly short lived. I have timed this scent's evolution . 2 hours maximum and then it is very faint.
    In my review previously , I said it is a long lasting scent. I retract this and I must edit my review of this perfume. Having tried this many times over the years , I am disappointed to say , I think it has been changed .
    That dreaded word - reformulation . I believe X perfume had a lot of spice in it - eugenol etc. So basically, the formula had to meet IFRA restrictions and is thus changed - the longevity has suffered ? I don't know but this is my speculation.

I felt so strongly about this, I emailed Clive Christian's London office about it. I got a reply ( surprise ,surprise .. I did not think I would )
    It said that because Clive Christian's perfumes contain a lot of natural ingredients , the batches of scent may differ and to contact the nearest sales distributor etc and to contact them again if need be.

I actually am not sure if X perfume is worth $355 plus tax . However, I will say this , I adore this scent , more than any other peach perfume. It is the biz . But the longevity !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 20th June 2012 at 11:29 PM.

vintage visa is more chypre than simple fruit leather...Mitsouko is sooooo much better. Vintage edt is the "peachiest"..is that a word?

Mimi, I would say go for the "X" and enjoy!