Code of Conduct

Default Jovan Musk anybody used it ?

Hi,

Anybody got/used this ?
    I'm 32 years old would this be suitable for me.

What sort of smell is it ,strong or mild ?
    Also is this Alcohol free,is it possible to post a picture and where is best place to buy from

Thanks
    Ash
    Last edited by Ash111; 7th June 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Default Re: Jovan Musk anybody used it ?

I don't care for it. Saw a bottle on clearance at a Walgreens store for about $2, sniffed it, and promptly put it back on the shelf.

Jovan Musk was my first fragrance ever....and I still have a bottle, although I now prefer Jovan White Musk of Men, which I think is fantastic! Jovan musk can be strong...if you douse youself with it, but a normal application is enough to last for hours. It smells a little different on different people. Sometimes its sweet and pleasant, on others, it can be very animalic...kinda skanky. I used to work with a man who wore it everyday. It smelled somewhat civet-like, almost urine-ish on him. You really should go to a place that sells it and test it out, but it's so cheap that you won't be going for broke if you just go ahead and buy it. If you don't like it, it might make a good scent for the car

Quote Originally Posted by stevolution View Post
    Jovan Musk was my first fragrance ever....and I still have a bottle, although I now prefer Jovan White Musk of Men, which I think is fantastic! Jovan musk can be strong...if you douse youself with it, but a normal application is enough to last for hours. It smells a little different on different people. Sometimes its sweet and pleasant, on others, it can be very animalic...kinda skanky. I used to work with a man who wore it everyday. It smelled somewhat civet-like, almost urine-ish on him. You really should go to a place that sells it and test it out, but it's so cheap that you won't be going for broke if you just go ahead and buy it. If you don't like it, it might make a good scent for the car
    I think it cost £10 so probably will buy it ,if not use for the car like you said lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I don't care for it. Saw a bottle on clearance at a Walgreens store for about $2, sniffed it, and promptly put it back on the shelf.
    lol

http://www.basenotes.net/attachment....8&d=1339109127

Here's a photo. Yes, I own it and use it. It has a classical structure and old school vibe. I've been wearing such items since high school so I never put age limits on fragrances. Jovan is available just about anywhere in the US. If you have a Kmart, Sears, Walgreens, Walmart or Target nearby, you can probably find it there. Alyssa Ashley Musk and Kiehl's Original Musk are similar, slightly stronger versions of a similar scent. If you are new to these types of perfumes, you may find them a bit too floral or even feminine but I love them personally.

Hi,

Photo not showing up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I don't care for it.
    Same here.

Ash111, are you looking specifically for a musk scent? If so, I would pass on this one (as I said earlier in the thread, I don't like it) and look around for a better quality option. There are a lot of threads on here dealing with different opinions on musk scents, so you could search the archives a bit via google, but one I can recommend is Kiehl's. It's reasonably priced (around $40, I believe), and a good quality fragrance.

I also recommend Kiehl's Original Musk. I have the Eau De Toilette spray, but I hear the Oil spray is better... More Musk, less rose/sweet.

Other cheap options worth sampling are:

Royall Muske Cologne (Royall Lyme (Bermuda) Limited)
    White Musk for Men EdT (The Body Shop)
    White Musk Sport EdT (The Body Shop)

This stuff was ubiquitous during the '70s. As mentioned in previous posts, there are much better musk scents out there. And no, it is not alcohol-free.

If you like to hang around in the trashiest pick-up bar in town, then yes, Jovan Musk is quite appropriate. If you merely like to fantasize about being the kind of guy who hangs around in the trashiest pick-up bar in town, it'll work for you, too, but don't wear it public, or people will think you've lost your mind.

I think it's pretty good. A nice floral fragrance for men. I'd still choose Tabac or Stetson over it, though.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

I remember there used to be Jovan musk oil for men. It was way better than the cologne. I had a little .5 oz bottle that I cherished, as it was my very first scent, but sadly, it ain't available anymore. I think Kiehl's is a better as well, compared to Jovan. I had the musk oil, edt and the lotion (talk about fragrance layering!) I still think you should try the Jovan. You never know....you may love it. Try out Kiehl's, too, if you can. Musk scents can be addictive for some folks.

A musk scent that I'm currently in love with this summer, is Narcisco Rodriguez Musc Collection. I get so many compliments on it. It's a shame that it's getting so difficult to find.

To answer your questions:

I think it's great, but think you should try for yourself. It's only very cheap, so not much of a loss if you don't like it.

It's a relatively mild smell. And related to your third question, you can find it in oil form (without alcohol), and that will be milder than a spray, as it won't project as much.

I remember this scent being rather powdery and cloying to my nose, also a bit too linear, yet again, its extreme simplicity may actually work out if worn in the right quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash111 View Post
    Hi,

Photo not showing up ?
    If you click the link, what happens?
    It shows up on my end.