Code of Conduct

Default fave scents for a positive/uplifting mood?

What are yours?

Do you like gourmands, aquatics, citrus or? For a positive mood booster? Which perfumes in particular do you like to grab when you are down in the dumps?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: fave scents for a positive/uplifting mood?

I tend to reach for fragrances with at least top notes of citrus or verbena. Eau d'Hadrien is wonderful. Another I've worn a lot lately is YSL In Love Again (the original, not the flankers). Marvelous grapefruit and black currant notes.

I like citrus and fruity florals, especially mandarin as a mood lifter.

Either a light floral or citrus, like Joe Malone's Orange Blossom, which nicely combines both, or a soapy, sparkly aldehyde like White Linen or Estee.

Ya, orange scents of course. I need to try that Orange Blossom, I've tried the Nectarine Blossom & Honey which is nice. I like saffron scents and now that you mention it, verbena..I just tried the Pure DKNY Drop of Verbena by DKNY. Good call on the verbena.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

All " Colognes " from Patricia Nicolai...

I don't think I consciously reach for any specific notes and accords as much as I do an overall feeling of cheeriness ...something fresh, sweet and pretty, maybe a bit flirty will usually do it. Annick Goutal's Eau de Charlotte and Petite Chérie are definitely mood-lifters, and AdP Magnolia Nobile, Penhaligon's Bluebell, HdP Moulin Rouge, PdN Le Temps d'Une Fête, the new Nina, Insolence, Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie, EL Pleasures Delight, Malle Lipstick Rose, JPG Ma Dame and Keiko Mecheri's White Petals all come to mind ...but really, any perfume I love can lift my spirits.

Hi there, aldo milani - welcome to basenotes!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea
    Aveda Love Oil
    1+ Jo Malone Orange Blossom

I'm feeling happy already!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea
    Aveda Love Oil
    1+ Jo Malone Orange Blossom
    Oh yeah, Flora Nymphea, definitely! That's a good, cheery one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    I'm feeling happy already!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I, too, find citrus very uplifting. I discovered Diptyque Oyedo recently and have been wearing it a lot. In addition to simply enjoying the way it smells, when I spray it on I experience a little burst of energy, an upswing in my mood and a clearing of mental cobwebs. It's been pretty amazing.
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

Orange blossom lifts my mood every time. My favourite
    is by Fragonard - Fleur d'Oranger.
    Roma by Laura Biagiotti also lifts me out of a blue mood with it's
    perky minty/grapefruit start.
    Another one you might like is Escale a Portofino by Dior. It is
    refreshing and sparkling.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Bergamot and verbena really makes me feel refreshed.

for swap/sale:

If I want to amp up the energy and perkiness I often reach for something bright and sparkly, with citrus or other fruit notes. But if I'm feeling really "down in the dumps", I am more likely reach for a "hug in a bottle" type of comfort scent with warm oriental or gourmand notes. Then again, if my bad mood is tied with nervousness or anxiety, a badass leather or chilly iris scent might be just the ticket! The flavor of the day depends on mood and circumstance, but virtually any perfume I like is going to be an uplifting one for me. :)

Anything with Tuberose.

For me, I love anything bright, feminine, and cheery......I will reach for YSL Parisienne, Chanel Chance, or Bright Chrystal.

Hope this helps!

MY "happiness" notes are: orange blossom, lavender, muguet, frankincense and green citrus. Hence my mood lifting favourites:

Ninfeo Mio by Annick Goutal
    Jicky by Guerlain
    Rock Crystal by Olivier Durbano
    Eau de Guerlain
    Diorissimo

Straight to Heaven by Killian. Nothing like a happy smelling drunkard.

As much as I want it to, fragrance usually will not change my mood. Thus, I am careful not to wear my favorites when I'm in a bad mood so as not to laden them with a bad association. When I'm in a good mood, I reach for white florals - tuberose, orange blossom, etc. When I'm down in the dumps, I wear colder fragrances with iris or leather. I don't know why, but I can wear gourmands in either mood.

This statement intrigues me. I've yet to try Straight to Heaven but wouldn't mind smelling like a happy drunkard at all.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/300...-d-too-serious

I asked for cheering up suggestions recently and the link above was the result. My favorites are Gaultier Ma Dame all sour orange fizz and YSL In Love Again in the Limited Ed re-release which as 30R says is grape fruity blackcurrant leaf. As 30R told me In Love Again is all about the opening.

Basenotes Institution

Uncle Serge's Fleurs d'Oranger is a real upbeat mood lifter. Smiles in that orange liquid !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

L'Artisan The Pour un Ete and Hermessence Santal Massoia. There's something un-serious and carefree about them.

I like to wear scents that make me feel confident when I'm down. Knowing is always a confidence booster for me. I like lemon or lavendar scents for lightening a mood, too.

Basenotes Member

This is when I reach for Zirh original-it has lemon, lime, musk, verbena...its perfect for those lounging pajama, rainy day scents.

Blog Entries

When l am feeling down in the dumps, the one l reach for is Samsara. lt instantly calms & grounds me when my nerves are shredded. Whenever you see me post it as my SOTE, you know l've had a stressful day at work. Judging by the number of wears in my wardrobe, those days are unfortunately frequent!

l only reach for those bright citruses & florals when l am already in an upbeat, confident mood. They are the last thing l want when l am in need of comfort; as annoying as someone saying "come on, cheer up!" when l am ready to bite someone's head off!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Usually my lavender prominent scents (Lavender by Caswell-Massey, Jicky parfum by Guerlain, Les Plus Belles Lavandes By Caron) or mint (Series 1: Mint by Comme des Garçons, AA Mentafollia by Guerlain)

Ever so often, if I'm a bit depressed and don't want to get out of bed...that sort of feeling I usually will wear Shalimar, which is sort of like a security blanket for me.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Can't help it, but my favourite mood lifting fragrance is
    Les Belles de Ricci - Liberté Acidulée / Liberty Fizz

it's fun and lighthearted