Code of Conduct

Default Received Creed: Green Irish Tweed from Walgreens 06/7/2012. Few concerns..

I just received GIT from Walgreens online. It came with the card and pamphlet. Lot below the box and behind the bottle reads: A3211X03. My few concerns are.. the cap is extremely loose.. and the was leaking a little when I opened the cap... is this normal? Also, if I am correct.. this was made in 2011, third period of the year?

Default Re: Received Creed: Green Irish Tweed from Walgreens 06/7/2012. Few concerns..

juice smells awfully.. good though

Default Re: Received Creed: Green Irish Tweed from Walgreens 06/7/2012. Few concerns..

I got VIW from fragrancenet and the cap also fits very loosely. But still it's the real thing.

Don't think there's anything to worry about. Enjoy the fragrance.

My only concern would be the leakage. Was it something where the sprayer was partially depressed and some came out? If it is just simply leaking in transit, though, that could be a problem. I say inspect it thoroughly, and if you find that it continues to leak you may want to consider getting a replacement from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Caps are often loose on creed, I have experienced this and order direct from creed. In terms of the leakage only you can determine if it seems like there is a lot of juice in the bottle or not

Mine in the past have leaked, usually after the first couple of sprays and that's it. Hold the bottle up to a light, you will see the bottle actually has a purple tint to it, ad if you look closely you can see how high the juice is...hope this helps.

My GIT was loose also. I wouldn't worry to much. I know many people who also had these. Perfumania is also starting to carry some Creeds on their website.

Yea it was made in 2011. How does it smell. If it leaked, the packaging would probably be reeking of the stuff.

Smells amazing, no complaint. I can't see through the bottle with lighting to see how much juice is in there.. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

loose cap bottles get you a $150 discount.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    My only concern would be the leakage. Was it something where the sprayer was partially depressed and some came out? If it is just simply leaking in transit, though, that could be a problem. I say inspect it thoroughly, and if you find that it continues to leak you may want to consider getting a replacement from them.
    This ^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sad actually that they can't even make a good fitting cap considering the price you pay...

Walgreens is a very reputable online seller. If you're concerned, contact its customer service department. I guarantee your GIT is authentic; this topic has been discussed many times, and no one has ever reported Walgreens selling anything other than legitimate GIT.

Personally, I'd say a majority of my GIT caps haven't fit properly (sample size: maybe ten 4 ounce bottles). Don't know why. Another maddening production issue with Creed.
    Current Top Ten:

1. Creed Millesime Imperial
    2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Creed Virgin Island Water
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    6. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
    7. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
    8. Bulgari Blu
    9. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    10. YSL Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    Walgreens is a very reputable online seller. If you're concerned, contact its customer service department. I guarantee your GIT is authentic; this topic has been discussed many times, and no one has ever reported Walgreens selling anything other than legitimate GIT.

Personally, I'd say a majority of my GIT caps haven't fit properly (sample size: maybe ten 4 ounce bottles). Don't know why. Another maddening production issue with Creed.
    Not entirely accurate. The first GIT i bought from them must have been really old because it smelled like rubbing alcohol sprinkled with a little GIT juice. it was a 2009 batch. I subsequently bought another one from that that was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Not entirely accurate. The first GIT i bought from them must have been really old because it smelled like rubbing alcohol sprinkled with a little GIT juice. it was a 2009 batch. I subsequently bought another one from that that was perfect.
    Well, I stand by my statement because you offer no proof that the one you bought was inauthentic. Further, your post is a bit ambiguous: you say the batch "must have been really old," then say "it was a 2009 batch." You don't say when you bought it, but there is obviously no need to speculate on how old it was because you know it was made in 2009.

I'm not saying you weren't happy with your batch, and don't dispute what you smelled. We've all been there with Creed, which is known for sometimes radical batch variations. Further, Walgreens sells gray market product, so it's possible storage was an issue somewhere up the line, and the bottle could have been exposed to heat for a while.

My point was that Walgreens sells authentic Creed product, and there is not a hint anywhere that it doesn't. The op only has 12 posts and joined only a few months ago, and I'd hate for him to think his GIT was not authentic when it comes from a source that is generally regarded as beyond reproach.
    Current Top Ten:

2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    8. Bulgari Blu
    10. YSL Kouros

Post Thanks / Like

The cap on my GIT is looser than the Jersey Shore cast's morals.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I was simply disputing your statement that "no one has ever reported Walgreens selling anything other than legitimate GIT " I have posted about this purchase previously on these forum. I bought it in 2010 and it smelled horribly. I know the difference between batch variations and plain rancid smell of alcohol with a dash of GIT. it was that bad. If i have time, i could dig up the batch number which from the numerous threads on here on how to read Creed batch numbers i determined it was a 2009 batch.

As you must be aware, fragrancenet is the store that fulfills Walgreens creed orders. A quick search on this site would show you that a minority of people have also have issued getting colognes from them at times. All retail outlets sometimes end up with batch batches of products. I happened to receive one. That does not mean that they do not sell legitimate products which i also indicated when i purchased another GIT from them and it was perfect. a 2011 batch.
    Last edited by papillo; 8th June 2012 at 05:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I received a 2010 batch GIT that was absolutely horrible. No projection and no longevity whatsoever. I returned it and got a 2011 batch on Fragrancenet and it is great. However, the caps were very loose on both. That's just how they come.

Post Thanks / Like

Both caps and sprayers on CREED can be so-so.. Recently, I had to trade in my new bottle of SMW, owing to defect spray-mechanism.

Post Thanks / Like

My GIT had a loose cap too. It would fall off if I turned the bottle upside down.

Post Thanks / Like

You can actually see through the bottle with a bright enough light. The bottle is dark purple.

...and does Bond #9 (New Harrlem) in reference to the loose caps; of which I purchased from Fragrancenet. But the Juice is good, I just don't care much for it, well my wife didn't...once I bought it for her. And as for the Walgreens GIT, your getting Edt, as opposed to Edp,(if one cares) which would explain the price variance.
    Last edited by yontim; 12th June 2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: subject omission

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yontim View Post
    And as for the Walgreens GIT, your getting Edt, as opposed to Edp,(if one cares) which would explain the price variance.
    The Creed website does not list an EDP version of Green Irish Tweed. It's all EDT.

Post Thanks / Like

...and does Bond #9 (New Harrlem) in reference to the loose caps; of which I purchased from Fragrancenet. But the Juice is good, I just don't care much for it, well my wife didn't...once I bought it for her. And as for the Walgreens GIT, your getting Edt, as opposed to Edp,(if one cares) which would explain the price variance.
    There is no such thing. There is and ever will be only one version.

And be that as it may, debatable or not, I am going with the one "version" I'm comfortable with.
    But Thanks for the input gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    I was simply disputing your statement that "no one has ever reported Walgreens selling anything other than legitimate GIT " I have posted about this purchase previously on these forum. I bought it in 2010 and it smelled horribly. I know the difference between batch variations and plain rancid smell of alcohol with a dash of GIT. it was that bad. If i have time, i could dig up the batch number which from the numerous threads on here on how to read Creed batch numbers i determined it was a 2009 batch.

As you must be aware, fragrancenet is the store that fulfills Walgreens creed orders. A quick search on this site would show you that a minority of people have also have issued getting colognes from them at times. All retail outlets sometimes end up with batch batches of products. I happened to receive one. That does not mean that they do not sell legitimate products which i also indicated when i purchased another GIT from them and it was perfect. a 2011 batch.
    We seem to be saying the same things. The point is that Walgreens/fragrancenet sells authentic GIT, meaning it was made by Creed. But that doesn't mean a given batch doesn't suffer from batch variations or storage/shipping issues which could cause it to turn bad. That's what people sometimes report.

The word "legitimate" is what gave me concern. It implies that the GIT was counterfeit, but you seem to be saying that you have no reason to suspect that, only that your batch was not good.
    Current Top Ten:

2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    8. Bulgari Blu
    10. YSL Kouros

And be that as it may, debatable or not, I am going with the one "version" I'm comfortable with.
    But Thanks for the input gentlemen
    You should go with whatever version you are happy with, but there is really no debate here. GIT comes in one concentration. This has been addressed on this board many, many times, and has been confirmed by Creed many, many times. Contact Creed if you have any doubt to confirm what concentrations of GIT are available. Again, buy whatever version smells best, but I just didn't want you to be under a misapprehension.
    Current Top Ten:

2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    8. Bulgari Blu
    10. YSL Kouros

I would just like to point out that I received GIT from Walgreens just a day before the OP's did with the same batch and no loose cap.

That said, it's good we ordered then before GIT took a $110 markup on their online store.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my GIT from Walgreens and the cap fits snuggly. My batch number is A3211P03 and it is fantastic!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

By the way, what is up with the caps? Is it a misaligned piece, or a missing piece, or what? Can it be fixed, even by those of us that are not particularly handy? It's frustrating that only my GIT cap is like this.
    Current Top Ten:

2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    8. Bulgari Blu
    10. YSL Kouros

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    By the way, what is up with the caps? Is it a misaligned piece, or a missing piece, or what? Can it be fixed, even by those of us that are not particularly handy? It's frustrating that only my GIT cap is like this.
    I don't understand it. It seems the GIT cap is not the same size as other creed caps. I can put the cap from my bottle of Original Santal on my GIT and it will fit snugly, but the cap from the GIT on the Santal is really loose. That tells me that it's a problem with the GIT cap and not the bottle. Why not make all creed caps the exact same size?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonVengeance View Post
    I don't understand it. It seems the GIT cap is not the same size as other creed caps. I can put the cap from my bottle of Original Santal on my GIT and it will fit snugly, but the cap from the GIT on the Santal is really loose. That tells me that it's a problem with the GIT cap and not the bottle. Why not make all creed caps the exact same size?
    its not just the GIT caps its the black caps in general.
    Top 5 current fragrances:

1. Creed spice and wood
    2. Creed Jardin d'amalfi
    3. Creed pure white cologne
    4. Bond no 9 fire island
    5. Bond no 9 sag harbor
    * Also loving Montauk

Post Thanks / Like

$111.44 for a new 4 ounce bottle of Green Irish Tweed at Walgreens (online) if you order by June 20, 2012 and use code JUNE20 (no space). Reports are they have been shipping the excellent 2011 batch. Happy Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rollzst View Post
    its not just the GIT caps its the black caps in general.
    Agree. Cap on my Bois du Portugal bottle = very loose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Agree. Cap on my Bois du Portugal bottle = very loose.
    Sheesh, talk about shabby quality control!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit