Code of Conduct

Question Are green irish tweed( creed ) and cool water / davidoff.......sibblings ????

When I knew firstly ( blind buy ) Green Irish Tweed ( Creed ) the first thing that came to my mind was the similarity with " Cool Water " , Davidoff.
    How come, one from one of the famous houses in the world of perfumery, the other fragance made with the molecule, cheap, Calone could smeel the same..???
    Please I would like to hear your expert comments.

Default Re: Are green irish tweed( creed ) and cool water / davidoff.......sibblings ????

Uh oh.

Default Re: Are green irish tweed( creed ) and cool water / davidoff.......sibblings ????

You might find this thread interesting - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/228...n-Irish-Tweed?

It discusses whether or not Pierre Bourdon the creator of Cool Water (released shortly after GIT) was also the creator of GIT. In my view he most likely was.

I aint even touching this... If Cool Water actually smells the same to you, wear it instead... To me, let's just say theyre vastly different after about the first 2 mins.

As for Pierre Bourdon, I think he had a hand in GIT, but I highly doubt he created it himself. I think he simply gave opinions and helped his pal Olivier. Luca Turin hates Creed, so his opinion can be taken with the same grain of salt as Creed's BS history.

Bourdon then went on to create a successful, similar fragrance in Cool Water afterwards. Just my gut feeling, but what do I know...

I've read that many believe so, but I personally don't see it.

Not to me. I guess I can see the comparison, but GIT is far superior to me.

This has been discussed a hundred times. Do a search.

for swap/sale:

You know, I never really thought about it until now, but I guess they do smell similar.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

They are certainly similar, as are several others. I get no calone from either, and I really dislike it. I prefer Molto Smalto of the bunch, with its nice sandalwood note. I find CW to be too busy, with strong notes that clash. Asking if there are similar products in the frag industry is like asking if politicians sometimes misrepresent their opponents' positions.

In my opinion, not that much. Yes, the first impression is one of a striking resemblance, but once GIT dries down and blends in with skin chemistry, but also various other factors of influence, it does develop various layers of herbal and earthy complexity almost absent in Cool Water.

Banned

One man made them both - Pierre Bourdon.

Banned

Distantly similar, perhaps; siblings, no.

Eating at McDonald's versus eating at a high quality restaurant that prepares meals with freshly grown ingredients. That's the difference between Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Eating at McDonald's versus eating at a high quality restaurant that prepares meals with freshly grown ingredients. That's the difference between Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed.
    This.