Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which from the Comme des Garcons PLAY series appeals most to you?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • PLAY Black

7 43.75%
  • PLAY Green

5 31.25%
  • PLAY Red

1 6.25%
  • PLAY original

3 18.75%
  • none

0 0%

Question Which from the Comme des Garcons PLAY series is the most appealing?

I'm looking at Comme des Garcons PLAY series, and I'm curious which y'all think is the most interesting, be it from the notes listed or from experience. Here's the notes.

Black
    Black pepper, pepperwood, red pepper, violet, thyme, black tea, birch tar, incense, tree moss

Green
    Nanah mint, lime, juniper berry, basil, jasmine, mastic, ambrette, vetiver, cedar

Red
    Red mandarin, pink peppercorn, Safraleine, red cherry accord, geranium, cinnamon, osmanthus, myrrh, tolu balsam

Original Play
    Top notes are lime, saffron, pepper and bitter orange; middle notes are caraway and sage; base notes are patchouli, musk and oakmoss.
    Last edited by Shiny Beast; 8th June 2012 at 09:07 AM.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Dependent

Default Re: Which from the Comme des Garcons PLAY series is the most appealing?

I liked Red the least, and Black and Green were very simple IMO. Vote goes to Black however.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

So far the feedback has been less than stellar for all three of these. I love CdG but the "play" series seems disappointing
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

For me: black

yeah, surprisingly little interest in this, huh...so be it
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Well, this is the first I've seen which gives information that the colour-coded scents are different, and appropriate to each colour. Many thanks for this info.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I have tried them all, and I own the Original and the Green.
    While the Green is far superior to the other two in the 'series,' the Original Play from 2007 is far superior to anything in the relatively sketchy 'Play series.'

Probably green but none are worth owning. Still need to review green.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I'm a huge CDG fan but this series is a bit underwhelming. They actually all smell quite nice but they're way too far from being standouts in the house' huge range. That said the original Play is still my favorite among the Plays.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Institution

I want to try the Red
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I actually really like Green...I bought it so I better. The mint is quite prominent, which is something that I like. It's got an herby vibe to it, and on my skin it lasts all day. It's a light frag and stays close to skin (also how I like it) but lasts and lasts.

I don't know any of these but would like to know all. Actually, all Comme des Garçons.