Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Quality of Parfums MDCI bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here but aren't the regular bottles 60ml? As for the aluminium flacon, does it come with an atomiser? Please correct me if I'm wrong but posting the faulty 60ml bottle back (I assume at your own expense) and getting 62ml worth of juice back (most of which may not be housed in a spray bottle) doesn't sound like a great solution, IMHO.
    Well, I get to keep my leaking bottle, containing 45 ml of Invasion Barbare. I could either try to seal the leak, or decant it into a non leaking bottle. Then I will get 50 ml in an aluminium flacon, with atomizer. Also, I get 12 ml free Chypre Palatin. That's 45+50 = 95 ml IB and 12 ml Chypre Palatin. I don't have to pay anything.

Edit: Well, I had to pay for the original 60 ml glass bottle (the cheaper version without a resin bust), but I get 65 ml free juice of no charge. That's an amazing deal for me .

Edit 2: Minus the 15 ml that leaked from the original bottle, which is acting as a high class air freshener at the moment. Still a very good deal!
    Last edited by irrbloss; 15th June 2012 at 07:35 PM.

Okay, I gotcha - just misread a part of your post. Yep, sounds grand to me. So, what are you waiting for? Decant that leaky bottle ASAP!

I just need a worthy bottle to decant it into . I think I might try sealing the leak with a glue gun or something, but I don't know if the glue is resistent to alcohol. I have to check it up. Meanwhile I have put some tape around the atomizer. It's not the bottle itself that's leaking, but where the atomizer is attached to the bottle.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    You were right, he really IS amazing! I mailed him this evening, and got a reply about 40 minutes later. I can get a new bottle if I return the leaking one, but he also offered me a very attractive alternative. I get to keep the leaking bottle (about 45 ml full), and I get 50 ml Invasion Barbare in an aluminium flacon, plus I get a 12 ml Chypre Palatin. For free. Next time I will order directly from his website .
    This is great news !

By the way ,my new bottle of Peche Cardinal leaked as well . It leaked into the cardboard insert of the box. I got a 10 % refund from Luckyscent instead of an exchange because in my mind the leaking was not as severe and I can deal with it.

So yes, the crimping problem is not isolated to the Invasion Barbare batch . Hopefully the next batch ( Luckyscent said they just got in new stock ) will be problem free.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 15th June 2012 at 09:43 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Even with bottle problems, it won't stop me from buying.

Mimi Gardenia - strong and too much is why we love IB.

Basenotes Institution

Thebeck - I will have to re try IB! Too many people love it for me to discount it.......
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sounds like ordering direct is the way to go, not thru luckyscent.

I thought I should bump this thread based on recent developments.

It's been a good six months since this thread started and, during this time, I had been hankering after a bottle of CP. But, knowing about the leaking bottle issue, I decided to wait a while for the issue to be resolved.

So, last week, I ordered a bottle directly from MCDI. Upon opening the bottle, I noticed that the box was scented with CP. The bottle seemed perfectly okay but I still enquired about this and was reassured that all should be fine. A couple of hours later, I decided to tilt the bottle on its side and, within seconds, noticed that the top part of the tassel was now soaking wet...

At the moment, Claude and I have reached an amicable arrangement. However, it did take a considerable amount of time and effort to reach this point. When everything has been concluded, I'll update with further details.

So the quality of the bottles are dodgy, the design of them are plain to say the least, the juice probably costs about 10 -- where is the rest of the 225 cost going to?

Are the bottles still shady or has the issue been resolved? What is MDCI direct website?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Are the bottles still shady or has the issue been resolved? What is MDCI direct website?
    Let's just say there has been some recent 'plot twists'. I'll come back when the dust has settled...

Basenotes Junkie

I'll be most interested to hear more about these issues, seeing as I'm fairly close to order a bottle of Invasion Barbare.

Slight off-topic: Anyone know anything about the bust material they've used to create the ... well, bust? I'm trying to figure out if the extra price is worth it, but if so - the feel of the bust must be pretty damn good to warrant the price-hike over the standard bottle with tassle.

Also - anyone seen / got a picture of the bigger metal bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    I'll be most interested to hear more about these issues, seeing as I'm fairly close to order a bottle of Invasion Barbare.

Slight off-topic: Anyone know anything about the bust material they've used to create the ... well, bust? I'm trying to figure out if the extra price is worth it, but if so - the feel of the bust must be pretty damn good to warrant the price-hike over the standard bottle with tassle.

Also - anyone seen / got a picture of the bigger metal bottle?
    Let's just say that I wouldn't pay 80 extra for a fancy cap, especially when the bottle already comes with a nice simple cap. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    http://parfumsmdci.free.fr/index.php...e=en&page&id=2

Basenotes Junkie

"New presentations have helped make access to the brand easier, after pionneer work with crystal and bisque opened the way". Meaning that the hand-carved caps are from crystal and "bisque"? Are those even materials?

- - - Updated - - -

"New presentations have helped make access to the brand easier, after pionneer work with crystal and bisque opened the way". Meaning that the hand-carved caps are from crystal and "bisque"? Are those even materials?

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Bisque is unglazed porcelain...