Code of Conduct

Default L'Occitane lavender

Hi
    A few years ago I recieved a decant from a basenoters. He had written L'Occitane Fleur de Lavande on the decant. My wife loved it and used it up quickly. When she asked me for more I couldn't find it. Only One named lavender or lavande. This is not the same. The one my wife loved was lavender with a light vanillic smoothness in the drydown without being sweet, synthetic, Sharp or floral. Does it ring a bell for you, was it mislabelled or is it a lost cause?

Default Re: L'Occitane lavender

Never heard of it. Chloe has a fleurs lavande that's fresh and clean, but I have also seen it described as creamy and balmy.
    Last edited by ariodant; 8th June 2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

Sounds like ariodant may be right, judging from these reviews:

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/C...ande-7627.html

A blogger's review:
    http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...ction-new.html

There are a number of bottles on eBay.

yes sounds like the Chole Lavande not L'Occitane which is usually the AOC. The Fleur d'Lavande was very pretty but for me not real lavender something had been added to soften it. I kept waiting for it to go on sale, sorry but for me it was just not worth the £75 RRP. Unfortunately though the others popped up on sale from the range it didn't.
    DONNA

Hmm... Strange. Guess I will try to find some Chloe then. Thanks

Tobbe,
    I was in L'Occitane just yesterday for the first time. Yes, they had a lavender, which was okay. But I think there was a masculine scent that had predominantly lavender. Can't remember the exact name. My reaction was that I prefer Caron Pour un Homme, but you might look into their standard "men's" frags. There was also a women's lavender, which I wasn't crazy about.

Thanks for the advice everyone. If I was to buy a lavender scent for my wife; what Do you recommend. She doesn't like heavy or sweet or sharp ones. Calm, lavender, woody. She likes verte violette if that helps. Uses REN skincare products. Are there any good natural ones?

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone. If I was to buy a lavender scent for my wife; what Do you recommend. She doesn't like heavy or sweet or sharp ones. Calm, lavender, woody. She likes verte violette if that helps. Uses REN skincare products. Are there any good natural ones?
    The L'Occitane EDT called "L'Occitane" is primarily lavender. It's got musk and tonka bean in the basenotes, so this may be the one you first mentioned in your original post, though the name is not at all close. Regardless, based on your description of the kind of lavender you think your wife would like, this is a pretty good candidate.