Code of Conduct

Default Just received my sample of Zafar...

I have never been more repulsed by a fragrance in my life! I know some here like it (and I mean no disrespect to them; this is simply my opinion) but this smells utterly rancid. Almost like over-ripe stilton or camembert mixed with sour milk, manure and urine. If I'm not accurate with my assessment, it's because I've had to scrub this monstrosity off! I love dirty fragrances like Absolue pour le Soir, but this is something else! Can't even see this one growing on me (unless it physically makes me grow an extra arm or some new type of fungus). Thank goodness I resisted the urge to blind buy the full bottle based on the positive reviews. I was expecting challenging fragrance, but joking aside, it's just not my sort of thing.

On a positive, I also received a sample of Knize Ten Gold Edition, which I was quite impressed with, though not enough to warrant a purchase.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Just received my sample of Zafar...

Not your run of the mill Macy's fragrance bar offering that's for sure. But a really really fun smell.

I actually think it's the best of the lot (I mean of the Xerjoff ouds). I still have to properly wear it but, so far, it's an amazing interpretation of the main theme...I still have a few reservation on the rosy-musky drydown but the opening and middle phase are quite something

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I actually think it's the best of the lot (I mean of the Xerjoff ouds). I still have to properly wear it but, so far, it's an amazing interpretation of the main theme...I still have a few reservation on the rosy-musky drydown but the opening and middle phase are quite something
    Maybe I just don't get this fragrance. I wouldn't want to smell like this at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    Maybe I just don't get this fragrance. I wouldn't want to smell like this at all!
    There's nothing wrong with it (i Mean with the fact that you don't like this fragrance)...Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it (i Mean with the fact that you don't like this fragrance)...Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    I'd usually articulate my thoughts with more dignity, but I was actually quite amused by how much I didn't like it as I generally like most fragrances! Ah, well; at least I've saved myself some cash!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    I'd usually articulate my thoughts with more dignity, but I was actually quite amused by how much I didn't like it as I generally like most fragrances! Ah, well; at least I've saved myself some cash!
    Hey I'll take being amused by a fragrance any day of the week. And yes another lesson learned on never blind buy.

Lol...... I hear you and the cheese in the barnyard opening his hard to take for most of us. This one imo is strictly for the Oud enthusiasts who love a bit of skank in their Oud.lol

Love it, but I do understand it's not for everyone.

Got this as an unsolicited sample with a purchase from Luckyscent. Didn't find it repulsive, just not very interesting.

another big fan over here... love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Lol...... I hear you and the cheese in the barnyard opening his hard to take for most of us. This one imo is strictly for the Oud enthusiasts who love a bit of skank in their Oud.lol
    Haha! I got the stinky bleu on the open as well. It's good it doesn't last long, although what follows is rather nondescript, not a standout by any stretch. Now I like my western ouds edgy and pure oils barnyardy, but having this cheeze note coming off is a bit much and, considering what follows, nothing that I feel the need to endure however short it be. Perhaps if what followed was similar to Al Oudh, Oud 27, or Leather Oud, etc.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Basenotes Plus

Very cheesy. Quite unique.

Beautiful fragrance if you can get past the first 30 minutes.

As many others have said, the quality of the ingredients is on a different level to anything I've tried before

Edit to add I wore this on Saturday night (1 spray) and my shirt from then is still in the bedroom - smells heavenly.
    Last edited by dnc; 9th July 2012 at 10:29 PM.