Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question The Mystery of Aventus.... Exposed?

Creed Aventus appears to generate insane compliments.
    Especially women seem to love it.
    The 'Which scent gets you the most female compliments?' thread is flooded by Aventus.

Let's not forget the multicultural aspect of this site.
    All kinds of people, with different backgrounds, cultures, religions are on this website.
    Aventus seems to generate really good compliments around the world.

How can this be possible?
    Is there any logical explanation for this?

Batches
    There is a lot of talk about the different batches of Aventus.
    Some are fruity, others are smoky/birchy.
    Some say the differences between the batches are big, while others say they are minimal.
    It doesn't seem to matter what batch you have, it simply generates good compliments.

The Wearer CAN'T smell it, people around the wearer CAN smell it strongly

Aventus is the absolute king of nose fatigue.
    How can a highly complimented fragrance be "invisible" for the wearer?
    What chemical/synthetic/natural oil is doing this?
    Why is Creed not fixing this problem?
    Is this "effect" somehow important to generate compliments?

Creed's description of Aventus
    http://www.creedboutique.com/creed-p...854009347.html
    Olivier CREED, sixth-generation master perfumer of France, presents in America -- before all other countries -- his latest creation, AVENTUS, a new fragrance for men (and adored by women) celebrating strength, power, vision and success.
    A lot of fragrance companies are marketing fragrances like sex potions.
    I find them mostly to be subtle.
    It's either a picture of a half naked guy, or a cuddling couple.
    Creed is literally saying that Aventus is "adored by women".
    Not really subtle, is it?
    The thing is, it seems to be true.

Does Aventus contain pheromones?
    Maybe chemicals that have a "pheromone" like effect?

Is this website "being worked" by Creed?
    By Creed reps?
    Are people getting free stuff or discounts to hype up Aventus?
    Is Aventus an "insider joke" on Basenotes?

One thing I do know for sure, is that there is something not right about this whole "Aventus thing", lol.

I would like to see all kinds of possible explanations about this subject from anyone who has experience with it and especially from the people who get good compliments out of Aventus.

Banned

Default Re: The Mystery of Aventus.... Exposed?

A girl I had a bit on the side some time ago commented Aventus as smelling like a common hamster, and this was no compliment. She said "hamster", not even "hamster cage". Good thread, though.

Banned

Last edited by dollars&scents; 8th June 2012 at 10:52 PM.

Can't explain why it elicits such compliments as you point out. I think it's just a very fresh inoffensive scent and perhaps the blend of all the notes seems to evoke something positive.

Yes, Creed pays me to say I like Aventus. That's why I have a decant from a split! Creed paid Kron to poison the batch with ecstasy too.

Kidding aside, despite some bizarre business practises, Creed knows how to make frageances people love. This is just another good one, IMO.

I don't understand the hype over this fragrance. I've worn it and I can't smell it. I've never had any compliments with it- not that I look for them! In fact friends and family have never been able to smell it on me. Could this be the batch? I don't know but I've given up on Aventus.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've recommended Aventus to real life non-fragheads and they've come back to me telling it it drives women crazy!

I dont even enjoy Aventus much, so when I hear this it validates what I'm reading on this board about it being APD.

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    I don't understand the hype over this fragrance. I've worn it and I can't smell it. I've never had any compliments with it- not that I look for them! In fact friends and family have never been able to smell it on me. Could this be the batch? I don't know but I've given up on Aventus.
    Glad this isn't just me. I can't smell it either and I have tried it it several times from different testers. Smells more or less like nothing to me. Weird. And I do wear several other Creeds.

I have received a couple of compliments wearing Aventus. I also have a decant from a split so, no, I don't work for Creed (if I did I would expect free bottles for sure). I can smell Aventus when I wear it, even the next morning; but no matter how much I apply it doesn't seem any stronger for some reason (to me, I'm sure it does to those around me). I have moved to 2 sprays now instead of 4. Seems to be the appropriate amount for me.

Also, in case anyone is interested, the batch I have is more fruity. The first time I tried Aventus (small decant) it was a smoky batch and I didn't like it as much.

I should add that Aventus is not my favorite frag to smell for sure (but it gets compliments) and I only wear it when I dress up.

I'll just say that out of about 60+ fragrances that I own, Aventus is by far the most complimented fragrance that I have ever worn. Not a hype thing or whatever, just plain fact!
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

I have gotten a few compliments from women in my office on Aventus, which is the only frag anyone has ever complimented on me there. I have batch C4210E01. Every time I wear it (2 sprays on chest /1 on nape of neck), I can personally smell it for 6-8 hours easily. I can take the cap off the bottle in my bathroom and within minutes it permeates the room and my adjacent bedroom. This is the only bottle I've had to date, so I cannot speak to batch variations, but for me this one never fails me. In the interest of full disclosure, I do not now have, nor have I ever had, any affiliation with the House of Creed.

Just how far does this conspiracy go? Maybe Creed isn't just paying us Aventus fans here on BN, but are also actually paying women to compliment Aventus-wearing men on the streets! Who can we trust...where do we turn for answers?!

Why is it so hard to accept that it simply smells really good to a lot of people?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Aventus just smells wonderful. And I have received compliments from women while wearing...no paid actresses here.

Guerlainista

I'm not a big fan, but the first time I tried it, my wife did a double take when she walked by me and asked what I was wearing. She loved it.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Why is it so hard to accept that it simply smells really good to a lot of people?
    This

A girl once told me that Aventus smelled like elementary school. That's the last thing she ever said about Aventus...the last thing....

...b/c I never saw her again.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I have a decant which is quite Smokey, with subtle pineapple. I personally don't think it smells particularly good. I can only apply a small amount, otherwise I won't be able to smell it. My wife absolutely does not care for it, and said it was too strong as well.

Creed actually pays women to walk around complimenting people they smell them wearing Creed fragrances...it's a tactic they used for decades even starting with paying people to compliment others on the clothes made for them by Creed back when they were tailors. It's a sinister Illuminati plan....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

That what I get for replying before reading the thread... I can see others have caught on to Creed paying women to compliment...heheheheheeee
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Probably because I'm a 'Doubting Thomas' and am yet to see it- or smell it.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can smell my C42B11X02 decant for up to 12 hours. It doesn't disappear. It just smells incredible all day.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Risking my life but here is what I found out so far.
    Olivier Creeds initials are OC. As in Orthodox Church. Olivier Creed is an anagram for Evil Ice Order or even stranger Live Deer Cor. Cor is latin for heart. They are trying to resurrect someone. We cant smell it because it is our life essence that is being gathered to bring back... Sinatra!
    Would you buy a bespoke perfume created for Justin Bieber? No. The only ögon that sells is ol blue eyes. BdP. So the Evil Ice Order is taking over the fragrance industry by bringing Sinatra to life... I've Said too much already

I personally don't see how it garners so many compliments either. It does smell good, but not as good as it seems to be hyped up to be.

For those who get lots of compliments I'm curious, what age are the women generally? In my opinion it smells like something to wear at the office and that women around 29+ would like, not that that is a bad thing of course, but it just doesn't smell like something younger women would enjoy as much, from my experience they like brighter/lighter scents.

This. Simple as that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
    Olivier Creeds initials are OC. As in Orthodox Church. Olivier Creed is an anagram for Evil Ice Order or even stranger Live Deer Cor. Cor is latin for heart. They are trying to resurrect someone. We cant smell it because it is our life essence that is being gathered to bring back... Sinatra!
    Would you buy a bespoke perfume created for Justin Bieber? No. The only ögon that sells is ol blue eyes. BdP. So the Evil Ice Order is taking over the fragrance industry by bringing Sinatra to life... I've Said too much already
    @ Tobbe - I thought that we had sworn to secrecy when we were enlightened. Oh my !

ICE stands (of course) for Illuminati Cologne Evolution. Dollars & Scents: I know I swore to secressy but it's just getting to serious and out of control. People are getting hurt just so a few Can smell incredible. It just seems wrong... Oh here comes my pills now and everything goes beutiful and quiet again

Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
    That is hilarious! Evil Ice Order!

I genuinely like Aventus; it was my first Creed and to be honest, the only one that I prefer more is VIW. On me, Aventus has beastly longevity, projection and sillage. A+

The first time I wore Aventus, I couldn't smell a thing. But the SA said, "you smell great! Like a million bucks! Like an emperor! Master Perfumer Olivier Creed crafts this from the costliest natural materials, from secret formulae handed down from father to son for seven generations. Only the richest men in the world can afford to wear this juice!"

I went outside, and women in the street fell at my feet. "You smell like a movie star! You smell like George Clooney! Please, we want to have your children!" Still, I couldn't smell anything but air. As I walked on, complete strangers sang my praises wherever I went. A man ran up to me. "I represent the Republican Party," he said. "You smell SO good, we're pulling Mitt Romney off the ticket and we want YOU to be our nominee for president! With that smell, we can't lose!!!" Donald Trump came up to me. "You smell just exactly like success. I'm putting you on the next edition of The Apprentice and, just between us, you will win hands down!!!"

Still, I couldn't smell anything, but everyone was bowing down to me and throwing flowers and fifty dollar bills. Then I saw this little boy point at me. He said "Daddy, why does that man smell like cat piss? Just like cat piss!"

Everyone started laughing hysterically at me. And then I woke up.
    Last edited by BurgundyMarsh; 9th June 2012 at 06:47 PM.

What's up with all the trolls in this topic?
    Last edited by Suppressor; 9th June 2012 at 01:45 PM.

If too many people like it, it's ample warning that you're attracting the wrong crowd

Quote Originally Posted by PWJ View Post
    If too many people like it, it's ample warning that you're attracting the wrong crowd

I was curious about all that hype about Aventus so I ordered a 3ml sample to test it. I loved it! Unfortunately, I don't know the batch number of the sample but that was not enough to stop me from buying a 4oz bottle. I hope it is as good as the sample I have.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can't explain why it elicits such compliments as you point out. I think it's just a very fresh inoffensive scent and perhaps the blend of all the notes seems to evoke something positive.
    I feel the same. Maybe some very diffusive aspect make people aware of it. But I can´t understand why it get´s more compliments than Cool Water or Aqua di Gio....

Quote Originally Posted by PWJ View Post
    I don't want to insult the KrEEd_fAnbOyHz with this topic.

I'm actually a fan of Aventus. I like it. Go figure.

I'm just wondering how a smoky pineapple fragrance can be the most complimented fragrance in the world.
    Especially with such batch differentiations.
    The "Which scent gets you the most female compliments?" thread is flooded with Aventus hype mostly by people who only have a small number of posts. There are other people in that topic who also think that the Aventus hype is a work by Creed reps.

This forum has come to a point that any criticism towards Creed is seen as "Creed bashing" and is answered by ridiculous trolling. We should all accept that Creed is superb and we should not question a Creed fragrance or even talk about it, that's how good it is according to the KrEEd_fAnbOyHz.
    Last edited by Suppressor; 9th June 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    But I can´t understand why it get´s more compliments than Cool Water or Aqua di Gio....
    This.

It's not that fresh either.

How can a fragrance, undetectable by the wearer, garner so much compliments?
    I think Creed is working with a special chemical/natural/synthetic that does its magic, and I would like to know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    What's up with all the trolls in this topic?
    The thread title "Seeeecrets Exposed!" didnt help! We're all enjoying ourselves at least?

I get male and female compliments from teens to adults. I can smell myself all day w/2 sprays. It smells very commanding to me, I think thats part of the allure.

This.

It's not that fresh either.

How can a fragrance, undetectable by the wearer, garner so much compliments?
    I think Creed is working with a special chemical/natural/synthetic that does its magic, and I would like to know what it is.
    As a serious answer, I think it hits on a nice intersection between recent and older scent trends, and manages to balance the two in a great way. It has a heaviness and fullness sometimes associated with pre-90's scents, but manages to not be stuffy or stodgy, while simultaneously having a fresh edge without treading fruity or overly citrus ground. In this way it is something of a highlight reel of broad trends from the last several decades, all done with quality ingredients.

I don't want to insult the KrEEd_fAnbOyHz with this topic.

The "Which scent gets you the most female compliments?" thread is flooded with Aventus hype mostly by people who only have a small number of posts. There are other people in that topic who also think that the Aventus hype is a work by Creed reps.

This forum has come to a point that any criticism towards Creed is seen as "Creed bashing" and is answered by ridiculous trolling. We should all accept that Creed is superb and we should not question a Creed fragrance or even talk about it, that's how good it is according to the KrEEd_fAnbOyHz.
    Are you from the dreaded Creed Police?

I am in the can't smell it camp. But when I've worn it, indeed women notice it. I see many other similar comments and if you choose to believe it is all hype, so be it.

Don't really know if I like it or not, because one hour after I apply, I smell zero nose pressed to flesh. But others still comment on it. I'm a "mature" guy, and when I've worn it, late 20s women have commented on it. Believe it, or not.

It's my theory that Creed came up with a new synthetic in this one that many are anosmic to. But the people that CAN smell it, smell it big time.

Does Aventus contain pheromones?
    Maybe chemicals that have a "pheromone" like effect?

Is this website "being worked" by Creed?
    By Creed reps?
    Are people getting free stuff or discounts to hype up Aventus?
    Is Aventus an "insider joke" on Basenotes?

One thing I do know for sure, is that there is something not right about this whole "Aventus thing", lol.

I would like to see all kinds of possible explanations about this subject from anyone who has experience with it and especially from the people who get good compliments out of Aventus.
    This is the first post from this thread. To me this has a pretty semiserious tone so I thought it was ok to goof around with conspiracy theories. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I love Creed frags. They stand for excellence, art, tradition, craftmanship, uniqueness and luxury. So the tone in the thread was very humoristic but my intent was to make someone smile, not upset. I'm Sorry and a little surprised that it's not ok to have fun here. Again I meant no harm...

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    A girl once told me that Aventus smelled like elementary school. That's the last thing she ever said about Aventus...the last thing....

...b/c I never saw her again.
    Nice one......

I like it, and sold the first bottle I bought because of longevity problems, then bought another one and now get 8-10 hours and can still smell it after 8 hours if I apply 6-8 sprays, like I do when I go to work on some of my 12 hour shifts....
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

No one cares if you bash Creed. Where are all of the fan boys that are stopping anyone else from bashing Creed? It is another case of fake oppression.
    The "trolling" is because this topic has been done to death and most people think all of the conspiracy theories about Creed employees posting here are ridiculous. It smells good. Thats it.................
    Im sure thats not going to stop people from way over-thinking it though.

Dispatches from the Basenotes bubble- "I cant understand why most people in the world think that the top 10 best selling colognes smell good????"
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Basenotes Plus

There's a mystery about Aventus? Wait.....did I miss something?

it just smells so good, thats all there is to it.
    Top 5 current fragrances:

1. Creed spice and wood
    2. Creed Jardin d'amalfi
    3. Creed pure white cologne
    4. Bond no 9 fire island
    5. Bond no 9 sag harbor
    * Also loving Montauk

Honestly, it's just a good fragrance that gets a lot of hype. In the forums, it's praised as if it's the best scent in history, yet there are many fragrances that receive higher reviews. Just look at the review page for Aventus here on Basenotes. It's only around 2/3 positive: 62 positive, 22 neutral, 14 negative.

Part of the appeal of any fragrance isn't just how it smells, but also, what the scent says about you. For some people, the names matter as much as the scents do. Even if Cool Water smelled identical to Green Irish Tweed, there are people who would buy GIT simply because it costs more and is made by Creed. My ex was that way with purses. She always bought Kate Spade purses because, to her, that label made a statement about her.

The brand and price give Aventus a sense of importance for some. I see a lot of that in the compliments thread.

I don't doubt that Creed employees post here. Frankly, that's good marketing on their part so I can't fault them for it. Basenotes is an excellent forum. Using it to their advantage makes sense.

I think it's funny how people here freak out when a fragrance gets reformulated. And yet, Aventus seems to vary wildly by batch, but since it's a Creed, this lack of consistency is ok. I don't get it.

Here's my personal take on Aventus. I only wore it for a day, so I don't have much experience, but... I think it's nice. Not outstanding. Just nice. The batch I sampled was fruity, not at all smokey. I stopped at a pub about two hours later to kill some time. I asked the woman sitting next to me at the bar what she thought of it. She looked like she was in her early 30s and quite stylish. I didn't tell her what I was wearing. I just said I was trying something new and asked her opinion. She said "It's ok I guess," but I could tell she was trying to be nice. Then again... if I'd worn the smokey batch, perhaps her (and my) opinion would have been different. Later, I got the same sort of comment when I asked a few friends (three women) for their opinions of it. One of them said "What you usually wear is better." I rolled my eyes at that since what I usually wore around her was Curve, and I've been sampling all sorts of different fragrances in search of something better to use as a signature scent, which led me to sampling Aventus in the first place.

Bottom line: Aventus is nice. But if it weren't made by Creed, I doubt it would receive the level of hype it gets here.

Hype isn't a bad thing. Style needs trends in order to evolve, and trends need trend setters. Hype plays a role in that. Acqua Di Gio will continue to sell like crazy, but the trend setters will always by hyping the Next Big Thing. Even if that thing doesn't live up to the hype, it's part of the process of finding whatever thing will live up to the hype and more.

That being said... I need to point out again that if I'd sampled the smokey batch of Aventus rather than the fruity batch, I might be singing its praises too. Who knows.

I wanna make 2 points:

1. To me, how much complements a fragrance gets you, is no indication of how good it is. Some of the most original and interesting fragrances I have don't get me any complements, while an average stuff gets me tons. I've gotten complements wearing YSL L'Homme, which I consider a very boring typical masculine. Same with Acqua di Gio - it's a nice fragrance but you couldn't catch me dead wearing it. Yet, people complement it because it smells fresh. As a fragrantic experience, however, both of those are totally boring and mundane (to me at least). The don't take me anywhere nor do they evoke any feelings. So, my experience has shown me that there is no positive correlation between complements and how good a fragrance is.

Think about it this way: a complement from a stranger is usually rendered by a short exposure to a fragrance with a strong projection. I am not sure how I can support this but it could be argued that certain notes are responsible for evoking complements more than others. These notes could likely be something people recognize like citrus. I doubt a stranger would complement the smell of a musk note - first because it would likely have low projection and second because they wouldn't necessarily know if they are smelling you or something else. I have no support for this, so you can rip it apart. I have a feeling though, that it may be true.

2. I don't particularly care about Aventus - I don't find it interesting. When I first tried it, it smelled sour. I read somewhere that Aventus was Creed's attempt to make a broad-appeal masculine. I think women would tend to love Aventus because it has this raw masculinity feel to it. Italian Cypress has a similar raw masculinity vibe. I was recently testing it and even though I didn't like it very much on me, the SAs for different counters really liked it.

So, anyway, if you really like Aventus, go crazy with it. After all that's all that really matters - how much you like it, where it takes you and how it makes you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Nice one......

I like it, and sold the first bottle I bought because of longevity problems, then bought another one and now get 8-10 hours and can still smell it after 8 hours if I apply 6-8 sprays, like I do when I go to work on some of my 12 hour shifts....
    Where do you apply the 6-8 sprays?

There's no mystery. Aventus is strong, projects well, has average longevity, has batch variations, 1 Creed spray = 2 to 3 normal bottle sprays, Olfactory fatigue is bound to happen when you combine a strong fragrance and a fire hose for a sprayer, less is more, it's not a good work scent, you can be "scent" home from work because it's strong, women scream when they smell it, men will buy it at almost any cost, and it just plain smells good.
    Last edited by silentrich; 10th June 2012 at 02:59 AM.

What's the big deal? Plenty of females love the smell of Axe/Lynx products as well. Others don't. I'll say this - Creed has been a pioneer not only in developing the niche concept but also in viral marketing. Some MBA candidate should write his or her thesis on that.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by El Tiburon View Post
    Think about it this way: a complement from a stranger is usually rendered by a short exposure to a fragrance with a strong projection. I am not sure how I can support this but it could be argued that certain notes are responsible for evoking complements more than others. These notes could likely be something people recognize like citrus. I doubt a stranger would complement the smell of a musk note - first because it would likely have low projection and second because they wouldn't necessarily know if they are smelling you or something else. I have no support for this, so you can rip it apart. I have a feeling though, that it may be true.
    This paragraph ought to be framed in gold and made a 'sticky' post at the top of the BN forums, in all the sub-forums!

What I'm saying is that this is very true: a compliment from a stranger is usually rendered by a short exposure to a fragrance with a strong projection. I would expand that further to say that "a strong projection" is usually caused by several sprays, i.e. spraying too much. If it's strong enough it gets noticed and that causes women to react.

Coming back on to the specific topic in hand, yes, Aventus is strong (batch dependent) but it also does smell good. I haven't had as many compliments on it as I don't tend to wear it that much either. I'm inundated with compliments on TdH (Parfum and EdT alike) and Acqua di Parma's Colonia original. Can't explain that either but I definitely wear them more often and have owned them for longer than Aventus.

ADG also garners alot of compliments........with the money you save you can actually take the woman to dinner too!

I think I need to get a sample of Aventus, my curiousity is peaked.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Yes, I don't think there's any conspiracy afoot. It just smells good.

Meh... it didn't worked for me: didn't like the smell, friends didn't notice it (one got close and just said: "subtle, you've worn better fragrances" and well... nobody seemed to notice it even when i asked them about my fragrance so... decant was finally used as a car fragrance.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    This paragraph ought to be framed in gold and made a 'sticky' post at the top of the BN forums, in all the sub-forums!

What I'm saying is that this is very true: a compliment from a stranger is usually rendered by a short exposure to a fragrance with a strong projection. I would expand that further to say that "a strong projection" is usually caused by several sprays, i.e. spraying too much. If it's strong enough it gets noticed and that causes women to react.

Coming back on to the specific topic in hand, yes, Aventus is strong (batch dependent) but it also does smell good. I haven't had as many compliments on it as I don't tend to wear it that much either. I'm inundated with compliments on TdH (Parfum and EdT alike) and Acqua di Parma's Colonia original. Can't explain that either but I definitely wear them more often and have owned them for longer than Aventus.
    ElTiburon is quite right. To get compliments fragrances need to be noticed, so big projection ones are surely getting more compliments than subtle ones. The second fact that you have to assume is that the more recognizable the smell is (citrus, vainilla, chocolate, white florals and those kind of smell that best sold "modern" fragrances use) the more compliments it will get.

APLS is surely being less complimented than Hugo by Hugo Boss or 1 Million or even a simple vainilla fragrance (here in Spain many people use Monogotas Vainilla, a cheap pure vainilla edt and is quite commented). When i go niche i know i'm not getting more compliments that using any good designer best seller with strong projection.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

When I wear Aventus I have men and women compliment it
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Easily my most complimented and most sampled by anyone who stops by my place and scopes out my wardrobe. It just smells good and it creates a nice cloud around you for all to enjoy. No conspiracy. But I will say that batch variations are bullshit and I wish Aventus was more consistent.
    Current obsession...Invasion Barbare

Tobbe wins this thread! Love the conspiracy theory angle.

Is it possible that there may be many who experience Aventus only through the small vial samples? You know, the ones that you dab, instead of atomize. In my personal experience, I find sprays from a bottle always present much better than those kind of samlples. Just a thought for those who report trying it and not getting results. Wore this to work Monday, really enjoyed it.