Code of Conduct

Default Escada Pour Homme

Hello, if someone got some info on Escada pour homme, i'm interested is it a strong, masculine scent like the 80's powerhouses (in the manner of Trussardi Uomo, Azzaro PH, Drakkar Noir...).
    Could you place Escada ph in a macho-type perfume category.

I had Casual Friday from Escada and i remember it was pretty strong, had very good durability, so now i'm tempted about this one.

Thanks

Default Re: Escada Pour Homme

Welcome to Basenotes!

Escada ph is one of the greats IMO. One shouldn't over apply this one as it can be loud with a lot of projection. I see it as a lovely vanilla with a smooth blend of patchouli, sandalwood, amber and cognac.

It's certainly masculine but I don't see it as macho.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to say. The Trussadri Uomo I tested in a tester was a powerhouse, the one I bought new was a lot lamer. I've never thought Azzaro PH and Drakkar Noir were powerhouses in the first place - they're nothing like say the original Polo or Sung Homme.

I'd rate Escada Homme as somewhat stronger than Drakkar Noir and Azzaro PH but not as potent as Trussadi Uomo. It's as macho as an oriental can be, which is never as much as a woody or leathery scent.
    Regards,
    Renato

I'd say Escada pour Homme pretty much fits the bill.

+1
    To add: to me Escada ph has the same vibe as Zino (drydown!), only Zino is with Rose and has no boozy note.

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes!

Escada ph is one of the greats IMO. One shouldn't over apply this one as it can be loud with a lot of projection. I see it as a lovely vanilla with a smooth blend of patchouli, sandalwood, amber and cognac.

It's certainly masculine but I don't see it as macho.
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Chanel: Egoïste
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Also think that Escada is a true classic.

It's a good one. Sadly seems to be discontinued now and sellers are exploiting this fact.

Well, I got it...first impressions, it's very very hard, a real strong masculine scent (you could think it's from the 80's but it's a '93 frag), there is also a cognac note, for now it is on me for cca 4 hours and is still strong (i appied 2 sprays each side of the neck)...overall i'm very pleased.
    It is a real masculine scent in the manner of Chanel Egoiste, Guerlain Heritage, Rive Gauche, Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme etc., but in my opinion stronger.

You can get a bottle of Escada pour Homme in the 75ml. size for $29.99 at Burlington Coat Factory. But knock another $6 off by first visiting www.burlingtonsignup.com and registering your e-mail for a 20% off instant e-mail certificate you can bring with you.

I own Escada pour homme EDT. It is definitely a masculine scent and the dry down is very vanillaish. I like it a lot.

I find though that it has really bad longevity, is this only on my skin or are others experiencing this?

the perfume is really cheap to pick up so even with the bad longevity I think it is worth it, women love it and it sure makes me feel grown up when wearing it. (I am 19).... I really want to try Casual Friday though, how does this compare with Escada pour homme ??

Well i have now Escada pour homme, but i also had Escada casual friday (i bought the 50ml first and when i used it i bought a set 50ml edt + stick...before cca 7-8 years).
    Now, regarding the scents they are very different - Escada ph is a more mature, 80's powerhouse masculine, and casual friday is also a very sophisticated scent, it's masculine, it combines bergamot,lavender and patchouli. It has very good longevity and sillage is also great. It was one of my top 5 favorite scents.
    Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by exploretoi View Post
    Well i have now Escada pour homme, but i also had Escada casual friday (i bought the 50ml first and when i used it i bought a set 50ml edt + stick...before cca 7-8 years).
    Now, regarding the scents they are very different - Escada ph is a more mature, 80's powerhouse masculine, and casual friday is also a very sophisticated scent, it's masculine, it combines bergamot,lavender and patchouli. It has very good longevity and sillage is also great. It was one of my top 5 favorite scents.
    Hope it helps.

Escada casual friday definitely sounds up my street. Is it available anywhere ? I have seen it on ebay for ridiculously high prices but is there anywhere else I could try this stuff ?

Maybe a fellow basenoter could spare a sample ???

You could maybe get it from ebay, but i think the price will be pretty high...i remember i bought this second set in Austria, but as i said that was 7-8 years ago.

I saw about 6 small boxes of the escada PH's 5ml EDP version inside one of those old stores here in the Philippines.

Costs about US$ 6.75 per 5ml bottle. Seems to be in great condition.

Would it be a good deal if I bought at least a couple bottles and transfer to a travel atimiser?

- - - Updated - - -

What's the difference between EDT and the EDP version?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bulakenyo; 19th April 2013 at 12:50 PM.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE