Code of Conduct

Default New Fragrance: terre de l'encens by cloon keen atelier. Iris & Frankincense.

I have been waiting so long for this to be released, and finally I have my own bottle.

Two words for you guys - Iris Incense

"]
    Last edited by galwaygirl001; 26th October 2012 at 10:53 PM.

Default Re: New Fragrance: terre de l'encens by cloon keen atelier.

That does sound interesting, I'll have to sample.

Thanks for sharing!
    I still need to smell the Castana one.

It is a floral powdery iris like in many perfumes or a rooty iris?
    And which type of incense? Frankinsense or other?

for swap/sale:

Sur la Plage

Thanks! I love iris and incense. Will have to see if I can sample this one.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Thanks for sharing!
    I still need to smell the Castana one.

It is a floral powdery iris like in many perfumes or a rooty iris?
    And which type of incense? Frankinsense or other?
    Hedonist, the main notes are Frankincense and iris.

I am new to iris as a note so I'm not great on describing it, but the iris note here is definitely NOT the grated carrot type note in iris silver mist. It also does not have that floral 'talcum powdery' iris like a lot of feminine perfumes. It is rooty iris, but not earthy, if you know what I mean. To me the rooty iris note seems 'polished' & 'refined'.

Its like someone took armani prive bois d'encens and made it much more transparent and less austere and added a sophisticated, refined rooty iris note.

I am guessing as I have not seen the official list of notes yet, and I am not as experienced at picking out notes as you guys, but here goes: citrusy aldehydes in the opening, a dusty, peppery & citrusy frankincense & rooty iris as the main event.

I think it is completely unisex. My husband sniffed it and said "its beautiful. It is definitely incense, but wearable".

To me it is an elegant dry resinous transparent woody frankincense with iris. I have never smelled anything like it.
    Last edited by galwaygirl001; 25th September 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Sounds wonderful!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

This does sound good, where does one get samples of this?

Here is the company website:

http://cloonkeenatelier.com/home.html
    Last edited by galwaygirl001; 6th May 2013 at 01:04 AM.

I like Bataille de Fleurs but Castana is a bit of a mess (much to my regret) so hopefully this one will be a 10 out of 10. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilaire View Post
    I like Bataille de Fleurs but Castana is a bit of a mess (much to my regret) so hopefully this one will be a 10 out of 10. Fingers crossed.
    Enjoyed watching your review!

http://youtu.be/F8jXL40VTX0?t=9m55s
    Last edited by galwaygirl001; 25th September 2012 at 09:51 PM.

Yup I think it's gorgeous, really evocative and special. I'm delighted tbh, and even more delighted to be recommending it on my channel.

The description is now up on the cloon keen website-

'Terre de L’Encens is an olfactory impression of the epic journey that stretched from Oman to the Ancient Empires. Through this trading route, nomads carried the most precious frankincense. On it’s path civilizations, emerged, flourished and then vanished into the desert.
    Incense hyperessence, suspended in a clear radiant ozonic top note, is at the heart of the composition. A salted mineral chord evokes grains of sand on the skin. Sultry refinement comes from iris concrete combined with a woody ciste-labdanum sensuality'.

I think it is being sold at les scenteurs now. Has anyone else tried it?

http://shop.lessenteurs.com/category...rre_de_LEncens

http://www.nstperfume.com/2012/10/25...ew-fragrances/

Les senteurs is now selling samples. Really would like to see if others like this fragrance as much as I do!
    Last edited by galwaygirl001; 26th October 2012 at 10:55 PM.

Default Re: New Fragrance: terre de l'encens by cloon keen atelier. Iris & Frankincense.

Loved your perfume review on You-Tube for the Kloon Keen samples,
    Hilaire! So intriguing to watch your nose work out those notes and your
    your face express your reactions to the scents. I am desperate to sniff
    Battaille de Fleurs and Terre de Encens now.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: New Fragrance: terre de l'encens by cloon keen atelier. Iris & Frankincense.

I can't wait to try this one when fall's already here in my country. IrisIcense... Hm... Reading this topic makes me want to blindbuy this hidden gem.

If possible, please give me some more of your feeling about TdL'E. Thanks so much
    Last edited by chocolateguy; 1st November 2012 at 02:46 AM.

Just getting to know this gem thanks to GG. It is lovely, more to follow....

- - - Updated - - -

A little review.....

Terre de L'Encens begins with a surprisingly fresh splash, which gives way almost immediately to the main accord, a particularly peppery frankincense. In fact it is pepper that dominates the early development of this fragrance for some time. The Iris is there but quietly. It brings a dry earthy pillow to the fragrance. This is not a floral fragrance at all.

In the mid development, Terre de L'Encens is beautifully pitched in terms of dryness. The inspiration for this fragrance is nomadic desert traders. Cloon Keen describe it as having a quality like sand on skin. I agree. It is dry but with an undercurrent of soft warmth and salty skin. It is ochre in tone.

After some time the pepper gives way to a pronounced caramel note. The labdanum most likely, although there may be benzoin there too. It softens and becomes less dry, more resinous. Iris/ Pepper/Frankincense/Wood/Resins is the overall experience. If it helps, I could say that this is far closer to VC&A Bois D'Iris than it is to Dzongkha.

Terre de L'Encens is a lovely fragrance. It is well named and well realised.

Thank You galwaygirl001 for introducing us to this lovely fragrance.
    Last edited by Foustie; 12th December 2012 at 12:12 PM.

This is a real beauty (assuming one is fine with subtle fragrances)...

The main accord is centered around pepper, woody frankincense and iris. If this may lead one to think about Dzongkha or, say, Silver Factory, let me tell you you're going the wrong way. Terre De L'encens is definitely closer to Un Parfum des Sens et Bois by The Different Company but with iris instead of violet and, most of all, without the typical harshness of most of the fragrances playing the same woody-peppery game. The particular twist here, is provided by a sparkling combo of aldehydes and ozonic notes that, together with a slightly earthy orris accord creates a terrific, yet incredibly minimalistic texture that smells of clean tanned skin with salty nouances as opposed to "aquatic" and "sporty". As they state on their website, it smells more mineral than watery. Definitely a skin scent, almost invisible, smooth and dry yet, somewhat, charismatic, striking and extremely nicely blended. A perfect summery incense.

Big thumbs up!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    .... somewhat, charismatic, striking and extremely nicely blended. A perfect summery incense.
    Agree. It is somewhat charismatic, with a lovely relaxed and stylish contemporary vibe. Perfectly androgynous too.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Terre de L'Encens is a lovely fragrance. It is well named and well realised.

Thank You galwaygirl001 for introducing us to this lovely fragrance.
    I knew you guys would like it :-)

I love the combination of peppery frankincense, aldehydes and iris. I was lucky enough to smell an 'in development' sample several months before it was released and I used to pop into the cloon keen atelier store in Galway store every other Saturday asking "is it ready yet?", "when can I buy a bottle?" It was love at first sniff! I'm sure I drove maggie crazy!

Any other fans?
    Last edited by galwaygirl001; 26th December 2012 at 10:19 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Wearing my sample of this today (thanks Foustie!)

I like it. I must say it's not very iris prominent. But then again, sometimes it takes me several wearings to 'get' iris in some scents. Still, I like what I am smelling. I am reminded strongly of the incense/aldehyde classic 2 Man by Comme des Garcons, just more peppery. Does anyone else smell the connection.

I'm going to a movie at a film festival this evening, I am going to reapply more and let this one linger in my mind while I watch the movie.

Not sure where I would buy this one in the States..?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Terre de L’Encens eau de parfum has been shortlisted for a FIFI award.

Delighted to see this West of Ireland perfumery get some well deserved recognition.

Basenotes Plus

Cloon Keen Atelier is an award winning artisan perfumer from Galway. Our collection is inspired by simplicity that is distilled to it’s purest form. With echoes from the past, patina merges with the new to create a timeless and authentic style.

Since 2002, Cloon Keen Atelier perfumes and candles have all been hand-made in Galway. Using traditional methods, we blend our perfumes and fragrances with precious ingredients in our workshop overlooking Galway Bay.

Castana

Inspired by a childhood memory of the mouthwatering aroma of street roasted chestnuts in Andalusia, Perfumer Delphine Thierry has captured this fleeting sensation and translated it into a sophisticated and signed perfume. The centre piece of this composition is an overdose of Haitian vetiver, which is traditionally a more masculine note. However, when combined with the super feminine and luxurious floral notes of cassia and jasmine absolute, an opulent nontraditional feminine perfume is created.

Bataille de Fleurs

Along the Promenade des Anglais overlooking the azur Mediteranean, the Bataille de Fleurs carnival has been celebrated every year since 1876. Here mimosa blossoms are thrown from flower adorned floats while the crowd battle for the precious bouquets.

Inspired by this celebration Stéphanie Bakouche has translated this incomparable olfactory atmosphere into Bataille de Fleurs. It is a tribute to the unique and beautiful mimosa tree and has a deep round sensual, yet bright, note which is enhanced by a green aqueous freshness, creating the windswept atmosphere of being on the Côte d'Azur

Terre de l'Encens

Terre de L’Encens is an olfactory impression of the epic journey that stretched from Oman to the Ancient Empires. Through this trading route, nomads carried the most precious frankincense. On it’s path civilizations, emerged, flourished and then vanished into the desert.

Incense hyperessence, suspended in a clear radiant ozonic top note, is at the heart of the composition. A salted mineral chord evokes grains of sand on the skin. Sultry refinement comes from iris concrete combined with a woody ciste-labdanum sensuality

Lune de Givre

Lune de Givre is a soft and woody blend of angelica, orris, vetiver and galbanum. It is passionate, warm and earthy, but kissed by the cool fresh silvery powderiness of moonlight. Intimate and sensuous, Lune de Givre is an intriguingly paradoxical perfume.

P.S. I was about to create a thread for Cloon Keen Atelier scents and stumbled upon this thread. Therefore I added all their scent info found on their website in this thread instead of creating a new one. I wrote an email to them asking whether they had a US distributor but unfortunately they don't and currently don't ship their scents outside Ireland and the UK due to shipping regulations. Please share your thoughts if you have tried them.
    Last edited by CapriDog; 15th January 2014 at 12:06 AM.

Capridog, glad to see this thread revived! I am a big fan of cloon keen and live in county Galway Ireland so I don't have the access problems. The line is also carried by les scenteurs UK. They used to ship internationally, don't know if they still do.

Cloon keen also has another recent launch - Sybarite, the brand's fifth fragrance:
    "...a person devoted to the pursuit of pleasure and the enjoyment of luxury; a sensualist."

Cloon Keen's new scent revels in a feast of costly oils which have delighted lovers of exquisite perfume for centuries.An exotic blend of incense and bergamot provides an unusual head accord before the fragrance swells like music into a full-blown heart of jasmine, Bulgarian rose and an aromatic billow of sandalwood. The complex base is semi-oriental with a combination of amber, spicy patchouli, musk and dry sweet cedar. A wonderfully ample perfume, with a powderiness and tranquillity which is irresistible.
    Last edited by galwaygirl001; 15th January 2014 at 11:41 PM.

There is also a thread about cloon keen in the Irish Basenotes group http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?d...347&do=discuss
    Last edited by galwaygirl001; 15th January 2014 at 11:43 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by galwaygirl001 View Post
    Capridog, glad to see this thread revived! I am a big fan of cloon keen and live in county Galway Ireland so I don't have the access problems. The line is also carried by les scenteurs UK. They used to ship internationally, don't know if they still do.

Cloon keen also has another recent launch - Sybarite, the brand's fifth fragrance:
    "...a person devoted to the pursuit of pleasure and the enjoyment of luxury; a sensualist."

Cloon Keen's new scent revels in a feast of costly oils which have delighted lovers of exquisite perfume for centuries.An exotic blend of incense and bergamot provides an unusual head accord before the fragrance swells like music into a full-blown heart of jasmine, Bulgarian rose and an aromatic billow of sandalwood. The complex base is semi-oriental with a combination of amber, spicy patchouli, musk and dry sweet cedar. A wonderfully ample perfume, with a powderiness and tranquillity which is irresistible.
    I also saw Sybarite listed on Les Scenteurs. Too bad they don't ship to the US either. I am dying to try all of these