Code of Conduct

Default ***How to Spot Fake Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme***

I finally bought my first fake from eBay. I bid on this bottle and won at $47 shipped, which would have been a great deal on real vintage D&G. I took plenty of pics to show the fakery.

The fake on the left and the real on the right. Look at how much lighter the fake is. Oh and the sticker isn't even close to being centered. On the eBay pic it looked like it was taken at an angle so I didn't notice.

The cap and collar fell apart into 3 pieces.

The sprayer isn't blue in the middle

Like this:

Sorry for the blurry pic. The bottom of the bottle has ridges around the outside, which is a nice touch, but not on the authentic bottle. Also, notice it says "Made in Germany". It should say "Made in Italy" if it's an authentic vintage.

It even has an authentic D&G serial number! It wasn't on the box anywhere, but according to cosmetic check, it was "manufactured" in December 15 2007.

Side by side you can see it's slightly thinner and a little taller

This wasn't even a good fake. The average joe probably couldn't tell it's a fake, but it's obvious to a BN'er. Oh, and the smell? It's not even close. It's unpleasant and weak. It's probably pee and lake water for all I care. I contacted the seller (Who probably didn't even know it was a fake) and I'm going to try to get a refund.
    Last edited by mesaboogie; 31st January 2013 at 01:24 AM.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Default Re: ***Fake Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme***

Wow.. sorry to hear that man. You should definitely be able to get your money back. eBay always sides with the buyers. Fortunately I've never been shipped a fake.. but I'm sure my luck will run out eventually.
    Current top 3:
    1) Gucci Pour Homme II
    2) Givenchy Play Intense
    3) Dolce & Gabbana The One

Quote Originally Posted by Dean44 View Post
    Wow.. sorry to hear that man. You should definitely be able to get your money back. eBay always sides with the buyers. Fortunately I've never been shipped a fake.. but I'm sure my luck will run out eventually.
    Yeah I'm hoping it will get resolved. I've never had a bad deal on eBay before.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I've gotten two fakes off of ebay ever, in both cases the seller insisted they weren't aware and claimed they "buy in bulk from a wholesaler" and in both cases, they didn't even ask for the bottle back and immediately refunded the money. The serial numbers matched the numbers on the box in both instances but both were 100% absolutely positively fakes without a doubt.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Sorry about the trouble you had. Hope the refund goes smoothly.

Damn. I hope you get your money back. Like you said, the seller may not even know it's a fake.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry Re: ***Fake Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme***

happened to me...instead of DIOR´s farenheit, it came a 99% equal fragance but called MARCO....it only lasted 1 hour in my skin.

The seller's wife bought him this bottle from another eBay seller who had a 100% positive rating. He likely didn't know it was a fake. His other items for sale were all car stuff and not fragrances so I highly doubt he knows enough about frags to know what's fake or not.
    Last edited by mesaboogie; 10th June 2012 at 12:49 PM.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

So the seller contacted me and he's going to refund me for the fake D&G. I'm going to send him the bottle back and in turn he's going to contact the person who sold the bottle to him. I'm going to give him the link to this thread so he can see the difference between the real and fake, and he can show it to the seller he got it from if he chooses.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Great that you managed to get a refund. I haven't had a bad deal on ebay personally either, so fingers crossed.

Blog Entries

A good resolution, mesaboogie. I think you should also ask the seller to reimburse your return shipping. He is not required to do so, but you should not be out any money because of receiving a fake.

Dependent

Only had one fake off eBay and that was Le Male. The seller also claimed they had no idea and refunded the money. That's the only positive aspect of eBay.....buyer protection.

I have done over 200 transactions on Ebay, never had a problem.

What does it smell like?

It smells sour. It smells like it could be one of those bathroom coin dispenser colognes that was "Inspired by Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme" or something. It doesn't actually smell like D&G though. It smells pretty awful.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Damm mesa...very glad you got your money back. Definetely a hassle, but it worked out about as good as it could.

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    Damm mesa...very glad you got your money back. Definetely a hassle, but it worked out about as good as it could.
    Thanks. I'm definitely going to be more wary of buying from eBay now. I was only buying obscure things that aren't likely to be faked like Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena and thought I'd give a popular frag a shot.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Blog Entries

Good to know you got a refund. If you are resending the fake bottle, make sure the seller pays for the shipping like 30Roses said. I bought a fake bottle before (The One by D&G) and the seller (nice lady) reimbursed the shipping fee + more for the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Good to know you got a refund. If you are resending the fake bottle, make sure the seller pays for the shipping like 30Roses said. I bought a fake bottle before (The One by D&G) and the seller (nice lady) reimbursed the shipping fee + more for the hassle.
    He said he'd refund the shipping, so it's all good

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    I have done over 200 transactions on Ebay, never had a problem.
    Same here. Bought maybe 50 scents; never had a fake.

Had two or three non-scent-related bad experiences with sellers, all of which resulted in full refunds after a complaint to Ebay.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Thanks for posting the pictures Mesa. Its important to me to see this pics, rather than have someone just mention the word fakes. In some ways its a pretty good fake, but upon closer inspection you are correct.....its not a good one. I've had the original bottle, so the "neck" around the nozzle is a dead giveaway.

There are lots of fakes on eBay. This is a pretty commonly faked fragrance or at least it once was not too long ago.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Default Re: ***How to Spot Fake Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme***

Hello people since there is so many 'professional' people on here , i was wondering if anyone know if there is some box of the OLD d&g pour homme (with the sticker on and made in italy) without that Velvet feeling on it? i have seen one in a store near where i live , and it smelled like a real vintage one but the box/package without velvet had me wondering if it's a real vintage one or a fake..thx in advance

I don't know if they ever made it without the velvet box (and I doubt they did) but your best bet is to check the bottle itself for some of the issues I posted on this thread.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Yeah that's what i though , was a bit weird to see a box without Velvet on it ..even if it smelled like the vintage one it's prolly a fake

Trust me, if it smells anything like the vintage, it's not fake. My fake D&G smelled horrible.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Sorry to hear that bro. For the amount of money you paid for it, you might have well just purchased it from Macys or somewhere reputable.Sometimes Ebay could be a crap shot man.
    Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Trust me, if it smells anything like the vintage, it's not fake. My fake D&G smelled horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Sorry to hear that bro. For the amount of money you paid for it, you might have well just purchased it from Macys or somewhere reputable.Sometimes Ebay could be a crap shot man.
    Don't worry, I got refunded the money for it months ago. Besides I just bought a brand new vintage bottle of D&G from a department store last week so it's all good. I have enough vintage D&G PH to last me a long time.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

A lot of the eBay peddlers of fakes claim the wholesaler duped them, but I don't always buy it, because many of them sell nothing but fragrances and, by now, should have been suspicious. They buy these for $5 each and make $30-60 in pure profit. It is nothing to them to refund your $50 purchase when they make at least three times that a day. Consider how many never knew or never demanded a refund. The easy money is the incentive to keep selling.