Code of Conduct

Default Can't get anything out from my Arpège bottle

Hello!

I own a bottle of Arpège since a couple of years. It's not a vintage bottle but a new one. Now the (what is it called in English?) the thing at the top of the bottle that you press down to spritz the perfume is stuck. I think it's stuck in the down position. I haven't been able to get it up so now I can't spritz any perfume. Some perfume comes up because I get it on my fingers when I am holding the bottle, but of course I can't use it properly. This has never happened to me before and there's a lot left in the bottle. Is there anything I can do to make the mechanism work again?

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Can't get anything out from my Arpège bottle

Morning, what I would try .....is ...to pull the sprayer part off the mechanism ( most will allow the small part at the top to detach, but please take some care not all will do this) then try to clean the opening with a small pin in case there is an obstruction / dirt in there.

If that doesn't work but the rest of spray mechanism is ok, maybe one of those travel sprays that fill directly form the atomiser 'stump' that will now be open!

Thank you whwend. I have tried to get the whole mechanism off the bottle by usin nippers, but I could'nt. Perhaps a travel spray would be the solution but can I get anything into this travel bottle when I can't spritz? The spray mechanism is there but it cant spray.

Basenotes Member

Have a look a 'travelo' containers they go straight on the stump, will that part move at all? If not ...What a pain!
    I am sure you have tried twisting and all other obvious things!

Good luck with it, I hope you are able to get into your fragrance

Well, I don't think I can fix this so I'll better think like Polyanna that I'm very very happy that this bottle doesn't contain one of my more expensive fragrances and that Arpège isn't one of my most beloved fragrances althoug I quite like it.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

There are threads about getting the whole crimped--on sprayer section off with pliers.

See previous threads:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215...ve-an-atomizer

and here are more threads on it:
    http://www.basenotes.net/bn_search.p...ing-what-to-do

Thanks 30 roses. I will try again, but I have to get a bottle to pour the perfume into first. (If I succeed)

Hi Novis 2007

A suggestion from my husband, also known as 'my Technical Department'. He finds solutions for all sorts of problems for me. I assume you have the black boule Arpege where the spray top cannot be removed from the bottle, as it can with most perfume bottles.

He suggests you immerse the bottle into some warm water and gently 'work' the spray head from side to side. That may loosen it, assuming that perhaps some perfume has congealed underneath the spray cap and therefore 'glued' it down.

Oh, you mean that I should do that to get the mechanism work again? I might have destoyed it by trying to get it off the bottle so I don't know if that would be possible. And warm water is that not bad for the perfume?

I have tried to get the mechanism off but I wasn't successful. My husband will try this weekend. Att the perfume shop where I bought an empty bottle for the Arpège the lady said that people often go to a glazier to get help. Well, I don't know. First we will see if my husband is more succesful than I was.
    But thank you for the advice anyway Lilib

Hello again, I just want to tell you that my husband succeeded. The Arpège eau de parfum is now decanted to a bottle that can spray.

Yay! That's good, Novis2007. There is hope for my old bottle of Miss Dior that I've put off doing anything about.

My husband used a nippers but that wasn't enough. He had so "saw" with a file in the metal and pry with a screwdriver and then he could twist the mechanism and take it off the bottle with the nippers.

I hope you will successfully get you Miss dior mechanism loose lilybelle.
    Last edited by Novis2007; 16th June 2012 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks, Novis, that is exactly what I need but don't have: a tiny saw or file. Maybe I'll go to Sears and look for something like that. I keep telling my husband that I need a dremel set and that I would LOVE to receive one for Christmas, but he thinks it is a very odd thing to ask for.

This tool...