Code of Conduct

Default Santal Massoia(Hermes) Vs Santal 33(Le Labo) Vs Origal Santal(Creed)

This is going to be my Tuesday Scent -
    The Day of Mars - The Purveyor of War,Olden Trees and Red Sand.

Your pick is for a 32 year old straight guy - living in a humid country - :-)
    Again - i cannot sample this - but by far these 3 looks the best on paper.

Ofcourse the idea here is to bring the scent for a "off a beaten track" feel of a Tuesday.
    On Mondays, i use Tam Dao by Diptyque - clean understated, perfect start for a Monday.

From Tuesday, still 4 more days to go till weekend - so can't be too robust!

Default Re: Santal Massoia(Hermes) Vs Santal 33(Le Labo) Vs Origal Santal(Creed)

I have tried Santal Mossai and Original Santal and they are very different. I prefer Original Santal by default but do not recommend it much for humid days. This is more of a cold weather fragrance for me.
    Top 5 Favorite Fragrances:
    1) Creed Aventus
    2) Creed Millesime Imperiale
    3) Kiton Black
    4) YSL M7
    5) Gucci Pour Homme II

Default Re: Santal Massoia(Hermes) Vs Santal 33(Le Labo) Vs Origal Santal(Creed)

I'd go with either Santal Massoia or Original Santal.

Thanks but i heard Santal Massoia - is too light and just disappears is this true?

Santal Massoia is going to disappear within an hour. Santal 33 is special, works just fine in humid weather (I wore it close to the Equator (monsoon period) recently, it worked perfectly). Both of these are beautiful scents, Santal 33 just works way better, I recommend it by all means.

Santal Massoia is beautiful. Santal 33 is also wonderful. Original Santal is really loud and sort of annoying to me.

The Hermes is deliciously smooth and almost milky, absolutely comforting, and one of the best of the Hermessence line. Santal 33 is definitely a very green almost suede like smell, people say leather but I don't get that much.

SM is just a hair better than S33 in my opinion.

Thank you guys i've now shortlisted this to Santal 33 or Santal Massoia any more thoughts will be great!

Basenotes Plus

Santal 33 is well made but I always get a cucumber cream dip note from it which disqualifies it for me. It can come off as harsh. Santal Massoia is a light creamy wood scent especially with the massoia. Kind of pretty and carefree. Between 33 and SM my choice is easily SM. I do always picture myself buying Santal Massoia for a female rather than wearing it myself. But you can decide for yourself

Santal 33.

Banned

Santal 33 by Le Labo - One is initially treated to a somewhat rugged duo of Australian sandalwood and Russian leather. The sandalwood infuses its camphoraceous woodiness and slight nuttiness, and interplays with the saddle leather with its inherent smokiness. A faintly turpentinic element presents. Transitioning to the awaiting middle, mildly spicy cardamom infuses the spaghetti western blend with its aromatic, slightly sweet and nutty facets. A woody, violet-like iris also presents. And papyrus, with its withered grassy and light wood facets, serve as a undertone for the sweetening brew. Segueing to the waiting base, Virginia cedar, with its buttery, sweetly fresh, pencil shavings aspects, commingles with a candy-like violet. Magical ambrox imparts its velvety waves of ambergris and musk. A near saccharine drydown ensues. This high-quality composition has average, radiating projection and very good longevity. Albeit the base borders on being too sweet and artifical, I must respect the other stages of development. Resultantly, I am giving this an unenthusiastic "Thumbs Up" rating.

Santal Massoia for me. Such a delightful creamy and soft scent, but do not mistake the softness for femininity. It actually starts to project and last longer in the heat, but this depends on skin chemistry. Hopefully it does for you as it did for me in KL.

Close race between Santal Massoia and Original Santal, but if I was forced to pick one, it would be the O-S.

certainly in two minds now- sandal massoia or sandal 33..

Sur la Plage

Santal 33 - but on days you want to play for the other team, choose Original Santal
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

lol i am happy with my team.

Santal 33 by Le Labo......
    ''Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'' L. Da Vinci

Santal Massoia any day of the week :-)

Ive tried Santal 33 and Original Santal, i prefer creeds version.

Wow tight race!

Santal 33 by Le Labo - 5
    Santal Massoia by Hermes - 4
    Original Santal by Creed - 3

Basenotes Institution

The Hermes, for sure. I cannot stand Original Santal.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

WOW ITS A TIE! Now what do i Do :-) hahaha...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    WOW ITS A TIE! Now what do i Do :-) hahaha...
    The lady's vote counts as the tiebreaker.

i guess so!