Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Giving Guerlain's L'Instant, the original, a second chance.................still disappointed:(

So when I purchased L'Instant well over a year ago maybe two I soon put it aside after wearing it indoors. I could not really smell it, very lite. Nothing extraordinary.

Here it is, June 2012 and I was about to go out the door and run erands, a lot of walking and I thought I'd give it another chance.

So I splashed on a bit more this time knowing I'd be sweating from all the running around until I could really smell that it was there.

What a disappointment! Disappointment because even after about 2-3 hours of having it on it still smells like a glorified baby-powder scent!

It's not the kind of scent that you pay that much money for to just smell.........well, like the feminine/child-like aroma this puts out.

Now I know to use this pretty much for casual "doing nothing" kind of day.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Default Re: Giving Guerlain's L'Instant, the original, a second chance.................still disappointed:(

The extreme version is where the magic is at, awesome scent!

Default Re: Giving Guerlain's L'Instant, the original, a second chance.................still disappointed:(

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    The extreme version is where the magic is at, awesome scent!
    Definitely... 100% better !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

... the edt smells like pledge furniture polish.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Banned

Having no kids has the huge advantage of never being in danger to associate anything with "baby powder", because I don't know how it smells. L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme for me is a class act, and maybe Guerlain's last in terms of substantial fragrances for men.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Sound Scents

It is not a favorite of mine either. I too cannot get past its powdery nature.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I actually have and like both the original and extreme versions but agree that the extreme is better.

Hmmmm. . . are you talking about the pour Homme version? If so, I don't get baby powder at all. I get big cocoa vibes. Yes, the Extreme version is very good, but the EdT is quite fine enough on its own. I find it much more appropriate for cool weather wear. Doesn't work for me in summer, but it's a big hit in fall and winter. My advice: keep trying, it'll grow on you.

Basenotes Plus

For me, it is too much baby powder. I can't get on with this scent at all.

I've been saying that the drydown is uninspired and boring for a long time now. The EdP has a similar opening but then goes into a gourmand drydown that I find boring. However, if you just want to smell like that to other people, then it might be fine. For an aficionado, I'd say the opening is top notch but both versions are nothing noteworthy in the drydowns.

The original is fantastic. It has a very nice cocoa drydown after the citrusy intro. The EDP is better, but the EDT deserves some credit.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Indeed, the regular EDT smell too much like near-single note reminiscent of a fudge-like sweet I remember from childhood (at least, to my nose).

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    The original is fantastic. It has a very nice cocoa drydown after the citrusy intro. The EDP is better, but the EDT deserves some credit.
    Totally agree.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Glorious fragrance. The only juice that had too much baby powder for me so far was Burberry Brit.

For me, it's a masterpiece. I simply love it. I prefer it over the extreme version in fact.

Its a great fragrance.

Banned

I never quite understood the hoopla over L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain.

Its a fine fragrance and I dont get any baby powder.