Code of Conduct

Default versace eau fraich or git for the beach.

versace eau fraich or git for the beach. any other suggestions?

Default Re: versace eau fraich or git for the beach.

I guess both are allright though GIT smells better

Alternatives:
    Allure Homme Sport
    Allure Edition Blanche
    Philosykos
    Virgin Island Water
    Dior Homme Sport

between GIT or Versace Eau Fraich, I'd go with Versace. It's a solid, daytime warm weather frag. firz84 nailed it with the alternatives. Frags I might add to his recommends would be:

CK Summer
    Armani AdG
    Nautica Voyage
    Bvgalri Aqva

It's been smoking' hot where I live and Dior Homme Sport and Virgin Island Water have been seeing a lot of action lately. Also just got Versace Eau Fraich to add to my hot weather arsenal, so yeah, wear sunscreen my dude!
    Last edited by Shiny Beast; 14th June 2012 at 11:08 AM.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

For the specific purpose you suggest, I'g go with Versace eau fraiche. GIT is the better all rounder by far, though, IMO.

Any others for the beach?! Loads! Le Male and Neroli Portofino immediately spring to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Davem81 View Post
    For the specific purpose you suggest, I'g go with Versace eau fraiche. GIT is the better all rounder by far, though, IMO.

Any others for the beach?! Loads! Le Male and Neroli Portofino immediately spring to mind.
    Wow Le Male really? Interesting choice!

Banned

Of the two that you mentioned:

Versace Man Eau Fraiche by Versace - Upon application, one is treated to a zesty, citrus scent, furnished by the lemon and bergamot, combining with a sweet fruitiness, supplied by the exotic carambola. This invigorating opening floats on an air of sweet woodiness from the rosewood, and imparts a spirited freshness. Transitioning to the middle, a concoction of dry, cedar leaves, faint licorice from the tarragon, spicy pepper and hint of sage eclipses the opening. This wonderful heart stews a bit, then segues to the comforting base. A light woodiness from the sycamore commingles with the sweet amber and musk, accented by the freshness from the saffron floral to provide a refreshing drydown. This spring and summer composition has average longevity and projection.

and, try:

Gai Mattiolo Uomo by Gai Mattiolo - Upon application, one is treated to an invigorating wave of hesperidic notes, with their citrus highlights of lemon, bergamot, tangerine and orange. A touch of neroli with its spicy, overripe orangey aspect also presents, while star anise imparts its sweetish, smoky licorice and slightly woody facets. This fascinating melange floats on a cloud of perfumed hedione, with its tinge of citrusy jasmine and woods, and wafts to the awaiting middle. Here, in the pleasing heart, the opening mix is subsumed by a somewhat bracing concoction of lively and woody pepper, menthol-ish clary sage and nutty coriander. A sweet rose presents as well. An oceanic fucus provides an undertone of salty, aquatic plant life. Transitioning to the waiting base, the aquatic brew is encased by creamy and delicately balsamic sandalwood as well as honeyed and slightly smoky guaiacwood. A fresh-linen musk, akin to a fabric softener dryer sheet, showers the woods, and leads to a refreshing drydown. This pleasant, masculine composition is ideal for spring and summer, and has average projection and very good longevity. Given its inexpensive price point, it's a must have.

GIT is probably the more refined of the two but I am of the opinion that it is too 'green' for the beach. So of the two I would also go for the Versace.

I would also recommend that you look at MI from Creed as this is "the" beach fragrance for me.

Basenotes Plus

GIT is versatile enough to use virtually anywhere. Personally, I'd have no problem taking it to the beach. VEF just oozes genericness.

Hugh Parsons Blue would be an excellent and more unique option.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 14th June 2012 at 10:55 AM.

+1 for Philosykos - delicious!

For the beach, Eau Fraiche by miles! GIT is the nicer fragrance I guess, but Eau Fraiche is perfect for the summer time and at the beach. GIT would feel out of place there.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Sur la Plage

Green Irish Tweed for any occasion over Versace Eau Fraiche
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

GIT for sure.

Another one for GIT.

GIT is the overall better frag, but for the beach Versace Eau Fraiche by a mile
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

GIT is probably 100x better. Even if you were going to Versace Appreciation night, and meeting the perfumer of VEF, I'd still wear GIT.

Versace Eau Fraiche or VIW, instead of GIT on the beach.

Either of the two, GIT is more distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by firz84 View Post
    Wow Le Male really? Interesting choice!
    Yeah ok maybe that was a bad call! I haven't worn it much. There's something in it though that makes me think sun-cream & beaches though. But I guess it would be a little cloying in the heat!

Of these, GIT.

I'd wear GIT if I was going to a pond, a river, a lake, a meadow, a grove, a forest, a hill, a mountain, things of that sort...for the beach Versace seems like the more appropriate option, despite it being the much inferior fragrance.

Eau fraiche was made for the beach. Id go with eau fraiche