Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Default Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    Hi all! I'm looking for recommendations and advice.

    I've been wearing Lolita Lempicka in warm weather and have gotten a few compliments on it. In cooler weather, I've been wearing A*Men Pure Malt (I'm running out) and Cumming (I'm out and it seems to no longer be made); I really like them, not sure if anybody else does! John Varvatos Vintage seems to work okay year-round.

    I'm 37 and male; work in tech and I'm a little dorky and intellectual, but have fairly traditional masculine looks (6'1", broad shoulders, a little swarthy with dark hair and eyes) so finding something that fits "me" is interesting. I'm married but she doesn't mind if my ego is stoked by attracting the ladies!

    I've been considering the Lolita Lempicka L'Eau Au Masculin flanker or just sticking with what I know is safe in warm weather. I've been thinking about Spicebomb, Givenchy Play Intense, and Bang for autumn. I'm not looking for a big collection, just a couple of solid sub-$100 choices that will make me happy and get noticed. Even if it's just "stick with what you already tried."

  2. #2
    Dependent The Smelly Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN (Japan in spirit...)
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    How about Pure Havane, since you're a fan of Malt already and are looking to try something a bit different.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)


    Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

  3. #3

    Default Re: Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    How about Pure Havane, since you're a fan of Malt already and are looking to try something a bit different.
    Thank you for the response! I appreciate the suggestion, and had looked at it, but it's a bit more than I want to spend. Especially without smelling it first, even though it sounds like something I'd like. If Theirry Mugler does another run of it, I'll definitely pick some up then.

  4. #4
    Dependent The Smelly Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN (Japan in spirit...)
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    Quote Originally Posted by beeporama View Post
    Thank you for the response! I appreciate the suggestion, and had looked at it, but it's a bit more than I want to spend. Especially without smelling it first, even though it sounds like something I'd like. If Theirry Mugler does another run of it, I'll definitely pick some up then.
    Did you check the Mugler site? He's doing a run of it right now:

    http://www.muglerstoreusa.com/A*Men-...,en_US,pd.html

    It fit your sub $100 criteria so I figured I'd recommend it just in case.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)


    Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

  5. #5

    Default Re: Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    pure havane

  6. #6

    Default Re: Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Did you check the Mugler site? He's doing a run of it right now:

    http://www.muglerstoreusa.com/A*Men-...,en_US,pd.html

    It fit your sub $100 criteria so I figured I'd recommend it just in case.
    Holy crap, thanks! I'd done a Google shopping search and only saw it on eBay and places with high markup. Can't believe I didn't think of something so obvious... I'm definitely going to get some.

    Any other recommendations are welcome as well, still.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    If you're still interested in Cumming, you can get it via the CB I Hate Perfumes website. It's now called 2nd Cumming but it's basically the same fragrance...

    http://www.cbihateperfume.com/2nd-alan-cumming.html


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  8. #8

    Default Re: Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    If you're still interested in Cumming, you can get it via the CB I Hate Perfumes website. It's now called 2nd Cumming but it's basically the same fragrance...

    http://www.cbihateperfume.com/2nd-alan-cumming.html
    Awesome! I'd loved that fragrance! I'm really glad I posted here; you are all being very helpful, and I appreciate it.

  9. #9
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,205

    Default Re: Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    Carbone de Balmain

  10. #10
    Dependent The Smelly Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN (Japan in spirit...)
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    Quote Originally Posted by beeporama View Post
    Holy crap, thanks! I'd done a Google shopping search and only saw it on eBay and places with high markup. Can't believe I didn't think of something so obvious... I'm definitely going to get some.

    Any other recommendations are welcome as well, still.
    Haha, sometimes it's the last place you expect to look
    Enjoy
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)


    Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,675

    Default Re: Recommendations? (Lolita Lempicka, Cumming, A*Men Pure Malt, John Varvatos Vintage...)

    Quote Originally Posted by beeporama View Post
    I've been thinking about Spicebomb, Givenchy Play Intense, and Bang for autumn.
    Spicebomb, Givenchy Play Intense, and Bang, all got a "Thumbs-Up" rating from me so I cannot argue with your choices there.

    &


Similar Threads

  1. Pure Havane Or John Varvatos?
    By checker in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18th August 2011, 02:46 PM
  2. John Varvatos vs. John Varvatos Vintage
    By Shiver in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 3rd October 2010, 11:56 PM
  3. John Varvatos vs John Varvatos Vintage vs Bvlgari Black
    By randomtw in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th December 2008, 10:28 PM
  4. John Varvatos vs Vintage John Varvatos
    By Mario Justiniani in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th October 2006, 11:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000