Code of Conduct

Default Problem with Gucci Envy

Hi all.
    New BN member, long time reader.

Apologies if the title is misleading. I have no problem with gucci envy. The actual problem is that i'm not sure whether or not to blind buy it. My local perfume store has only a few left and no tester. Im guessing its been there for quite a while. they dont have a tester and wont open a new box for it. Based on reviews on BN and other sites, envy is really tempting to get. Its just that ive never smelled it before. I have gucci pour homme (2003) and live in a humid, tropical country. age 28.. normal skin.. i think lol.

so... should i blind buy?

Banned

Default Re: Problem with Gucci Envy

Hot humid weather seems rather an argument against Envy, however it might work for you plus you would be acquiring a scent that in my perception has become really rare, really hard to get (even in Germany).

And then: You could trade it without problems on basenotes or even ebay where the prices - again I'll speak for Germany - are rather high and not comparable to what it costed 7 years ago.

Buy buy!

"I drank what?" -Socrates

Sound Scents

It is a good scent that you most likely will enjoy. You may also want to check out Eau de Santal by Floris, as that is very similar, and IMO even better.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I found it to be "blob"-like and there are several that are quite similar, such as ST Dupont Signature Pour Homme. Also, it's not for a hot, humid climate. And it seems to be the kind of frag you like the first few wearings but then find it more and more cloying. Ambre Gris works better for me, in terms of a somewhat similar frag. Ones that are too similar to Envy I find cloying blobs.

I'd go for it.

It's a safe buy just because there will surely be someone to take it off your hands. If you think the notes sound pleasing there isn't much of a risk.

Not the most unsafe blind buy and besides, Envy is both a compliment-getter and a sort of "underground reputation" scents, so it might be well perceived both by you and most people you will most likely encounter.

Blog Entries

I also bought Envy blind and I'm happy I did. Great scent with lasting power; will also give quite a projection, even more when your body generates extra heat. If you don't like it then sell it. Like starshipvelcro said, you won't have problems finding buyers here.

If you like ginger it's tough to beat. Also, as has been said already, the longevity and projection are great too
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Was my signature scent for the longest time and I wore it pretty much year around. I did make the mistake of being a little too 'enthusiastic' with the applications at first though - you need to tread carefully with this one, especially in the warmer weather, but it's manageable.

Huge compliment getter though - all the time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    It's a safe buy just because there will surely be someone to take it off your hands. If you think the notes sound pleasing there isn't much of a risk.
    This ^^^^^^.

&

How much are they asking? Where is this place?

Envy is beautiful. As a couple of people have noted, it can be swapped if you find you are not fond of it. I own it and I think it is a wonderful. If you are a newbie, I'd say you are showing some smarts to be considering Envy.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Hot humid weather seems rather an argument against Envy, however it might work for you plus you would be acquiring a scent that in my perception has become really rare, really hard to get (even in Germany).

And then: You could trade it without problems on basenotes or even ebay where the prices - again I'll speak for Germany - are rather high and not comparable to what it costed 7 years ago.

Buy buy!
    I dislike it, but this post is tempting.