Code of Conduct

Default Olympic Orchids - Rainforest

Has anyone else experienced this indie line?

I ordered 5 samples for $10, postage included. I'm trying one called Rainforest right now and am liking it so far. I've only been wearing it ten minutes and the evolution is quite interesting already.

I don't have the words to describe this, but it starts off with something medicinal, and in a minute or so it turns more pine and maybe ... mint? Something cool. There is also a subtle mysterious floral note I think hiding underneath that gives it dimension, also a bit of spice. I'm finding this comforting in "spa" kind of way if that makes sense.

If anyone can add to my feeble description that would be great.
    Last edited by firehorse; 17th June 2012 at 12:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Olympic Orchids

There are quite a few followers over at Fragrantica for this Indie Line.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/O...est-12813.html
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Default Re: Olympic Orchids

^^^thanks, just read the reviews there. I think what I was calling pine, they are calling redwoods, and that makes sense. And what they were saying as "sharp" in the beginning, I call medicinal, but it only lasts a minute and then the whole forest vibe comes in after that.

I'm enjoying this quite a bit, as it really sets your imagination going in terms of forest and memories.
    P.S. thanks again for the link, some of the other fragrances she makes sound really interesting
    Last edited by firehorse; 17th June 2012 at 12:51 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Olympic Orchids - Rainforest

I got the deluxe sample box in April - and was very impressed with the quality. There are several now on my wish list.

Some of my impressions:
    Kingston Ferry-First impressions were- menthol? petroleum? then salt water- calmed down to lovely non citrus aromatic- tarragon is probably the first note I smelled. Enjoying very much still after a little dab on skin -5 hours longevity.

Osafume- smels rank in vial-but nice and soft on skin- doughy- official notes= Anise and magnolia combine with heliotrope, vanilla, and white musk. Me likey. (spa quality there, too)

A few that were just too strong- I'm looking at you KHYPHI, fleurs de glace and bay Rum. Khyphi described on FG as "Musty Egyptian Tomb" but it was not really unpleasant to my nose. Didn't like the other two.

The orchid scents- red and golden cattleya were very nice also
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I've got a deluxe set as well, and bought them mainly out of curiosity as I also grow orchids. Liked the Red Cattleya so much I bought a bottle. It is candy in a bottle. Osafume is also good, to me reminds me a bit of cola. The perfume maker is quite talented, and the prices are very very reasonable.

I tried Kingston Ferry last night. My bf really liked it, he also wears Tirrenico, and it seemed like a warmer version, some similarities.

Today I'm wearing Osafume. Knit at night, thanks for saying "magnolia". I was trying to figure what floral I was smelling, and what else it reminds me of. Spa version of Hynotic Poison??? I can see the cola comparison on this too.

I have 2 more samples left to try.

^^Thanks for the replies.

Blog Entries

I ordered today

OLYMPIC RAIN FOREST soap. The reason being that a piece of soap can be used up even if the scent is not altogether what the nose expected of that RAIN FOREST aroma. And if the soap is terrific, well, then ... order the scent !

Besides, I am into SOAPS lately. That would be a topic for another thread, like: Soap, Soap, Soap.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Ursula, good idea, I think I'll do that too. Plus I like buying from small business people.

Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    Has anyone else experienced this indie line?

I ordered 5 samples for $10, postage included. I'm trying one called Rainforest right now and am liking it so far. I've only been wearing it ten minutes and the evolution is quite interesting already.

I don't have the words to describe this, but it starts off with something medicinal, and in a minute or so it turns more pine and maybe ... mint? Something cool. There is also a subtle mysterious floral note I think hiding underneath that gives it dimension, also a bit of spice. I'm finding this comforting in "spa" kind of way if that makes sense.

If anyone can add to my feeble description that would be great.
    I'm not sure I can actually add anything meaningful to your description, but I wanted to agree that there is definitely a "comfortable" feeling to Rainforest that is "spa-like".

I have ordered two other fragrances from Olympic Orchids that I find very well-crafted and beautiful: Ballets Rouge (a gorgeous dry rose chypre). Ballets Rouge reminds me somewhat of L'Arte de Gucci or perhaps Ungaro Diva, however, I much prefer Ballets Rouge. It is so smooth and elegant! BR has become my favorite "rose" perfume.

I also have Golden Cattleya. GC is truly "golden" in that it is warm, rich, smooth and it seems to glow from within. It is a beautiful honeyed floral, and on my skin the honey is a dominant feature. Some honey-centered fragrances can veer into the dreaded "pi pi de chat" realm, but Golden Cattleya is so well-made that the honey is soft and merely swirls around the delicate floral center. Stunning!

I tried Golden Cattleya again yesterday. It seems like this would be one of her best hits.

NYC is hot and humid right now, I felt like it was wearing me instead of me wearing it, but I'm going to try it again when this humid oppressive heat spell subsides.

Basenotes Plus

Forgot to include- Little Stars it's is a really nice peppery,spicy jasmine. very unisex.

let's all try to add more of these scents to the database....it's only got three scents in there by this House and I added two of them
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Yes! I am so fortunate that a kind Basenotes friend sent me some Rainforest. (((((H))))). It is so intriguing. Fabulous. It sucks me back time and again. It is so nice to see this thread.