Code of Conduct

Default Le Pamplemousse - Miller Harris

This is the kind of grapefruit that you can eat. The edible, slightly bitter, slightly tart and slightly sweet type of grapefruit.

I thought I'd be put off by the melon but it blends so well with with the citrus, orange Blossom and herbs.

It opens with a distinct grapefruit and citric melody restrained by the herb and melon accord.

If you recall the grapefruit note in Azemour les Orangers, it is less stark and piercing in Le Pamplemousse.

What appeals to me is the obvious grapefruit note that is softened by the orange blossom. Whilst the herbs give it depth, a complexity that is very interesting.

I'll summarize by saying that I am very impressed with it. It's depth and complexity ar very attractive. Keeping in mind that grapefruit tends to be single dimensional in nature but the orange blossom elevates it while the herbs give it a multi-dimensional facet.

Projection is superb. Longevity will be determined in a few hours.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: Le Pamplemousse - Miller Harris

Sounds great, hedonist. Thanks for the review. I'll make a note to try this one when I'm out in the shops today.

A couple of hours into it and the grapefruit note has further softened yet still firm in its presence. The aromatic herbal facet is protruding.

for swap/sale:

Very well described, hedonist. I am very impressed too. And I love the woody notes becoming stronger over time.

Thanks fly777

This ideal for a person seeking to add a grapefruit and/or orange blossom to their collection while being averse to bitter grapefruit and too white floral.

for swap/sale:

It sounds very nice, H. I love grapefruit but not when it has that sulphurous arm pitty quality. I like it in its naturally sweet state, spritzy and bittersweet. The orange blossom sounds like a lovely softening influence. Thanks for the recommendation.

Basenotes Institution

Sounds yummy . My favorie grapefruit centered scent is Fresh Hesperides but I think this sounds lovely.

I've worn this a few times now and I really like it.

I also noticed a distinct vetiver note that emerges much later on in the perfume. Mixes very nicely with some earthy notes but not dank notes. More of the smell if you hovered your nose over the earth as opposed to digging deep.

for swap/sale:

I remember you comparing this one to Fiero...am I correct?

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Grapefruit is an unlucky note on my skin, and this was no exception for me: after a few minutes that odd bitter-sulfurous note crept up on my skin and made this one a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I remember you comparing this one to Fiero...am I correct?
    Yes but only in terms of superficial genre. i.e: Both are citric and aromatic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Grapefruit is an unlucky note on my skin, and this was no exception for me: after a few minutes that odd bitter-sulfurous note crept up on my skin and made this one a no go.
    Sugandaraja, I tested it by giving it a full wearing. Spraying it around my neck and chest area , then went about my day. I can imagine that bitter note if I raised my arm to my nose, otherwise the citric sourness dies down rather quickly in the development.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Yes but only in terms of superficial genre. i.e: Both are citric and aromatic.
    Ok, I'll give it a chance next time I'll be in Florence...

Just trying it...right now. These are only very first impressions. Oh no. Might as well just squeeze a grapefruit and splosh it on. Reminds me of a fruit scented soap or body product for teenagers. Or just a breakfast grapefruit. Fiero? *gasps* Nope.

The hyper realistic grapefruit is diminishing and it is getting a bit more interesting.

I trust and respect you hedonist and I am really impressed with how you got into this one, but it is not going to happen for me. The Citron Citron is far superior IMO.

I bought a bottle of this last month and am also finding it very enjoyable. I strongly concur with hedonist's descriptions. The grapefruit is dominant enough to warrant labeling this a grapefruit fragrance, but the other notes add enough extra to keep it from being one dimensional. I especially like the herbal and vetiver aspects and am thankful that the perfumer didn't decide to venture into musk or sweet notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Fiero? *gasps* Nope.
    A much overlooked fragrance. Agree, Fiero is one of a kind...

I wanna wanna wanna wanna try it! Love everything with grapefruit!

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    I wanna wanna wanna wanna try it! Love everything with grapefruit!
    then you HAVE TO try the new coco noir as it has grapefruit in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    then you HAVE TO try the new coco noir as it has grapefruit in spades.
    I know danny, I DO KNOW! Still waiting for it to be introduced to the market in Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    I know danny, I DO KNOW! Still waiting for it to be introduced to the market in Poland.
    i really don't want to deflate your enthusiasm but i've tried it at the chanel boutique counter and was very disappointed! for me, it was just a coco mademoiselle flanker! sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    i really don't want to deflate your enthusiasm but i've tried it at the chanel boutique counter and was very disappointed! for me, it was just a coco mademoiselle flanker! sorry..
    I have no expectations really! I just would like to try it. I won't cry if I don't like it. My perfume to purchase list is filled with other great stuff

Hiya. OK I am back to eat some humble pie , but only a small slice. I hear you hedonist, and noggs, so I tried again. Anyway, shooting my mouth off about first impressions is not my usual style. It is great what you can learn by listening to other people..

OK, I didn't get much further with it though. I think that whether you appreciate the opening of this fragrance or not will be purely a matter of whether you like a huge dose of hyper realistic grapefruit juice. I still don't care for that, but I have to respect that it is very well done. It is very sharp, bitter, this grapefruit will pull your cheeks together. I think that the rhubarb note is really effective in enhancing and amplifying this bitter grapefruit. The rhubarb isn't obvious of itself to begin with but it is there, then it gains ground. The fragrance softens and gets more interesting with the appearance of the herbs. The woody base, cedar and vetiver, join the herbs soon. At this stage it is nice but unremarkable. The grapefruit is tamed, the herbs and the wood are there. It is drier, but it is also suddenly remarkably quiet in comparison to the opening. You know that feeling when you can only hear something once it stops, like the whirring of a loud fan? It is a bit like that. The silence after the grapefruit is deafening!!

I still don't think that it is anything like Fiero, and I still think that Citron Citron is much better.

One for you Lucasai.

The complexity and natural composition of this fragrance are brilliant. I love the first hour or so of wearing it. Alas, I do not love the dry-down over time. There is a blood-like harshness over time that reminds me of a butcher shop (sigh).

Its not a genre I'm very fond of (grapefruit) but this one blew my mind.

For one thing, it smells so natural. Growing up as kids we were forced to have a fresh glass of grapefruit every other morning. The UAE imports grapefruit from wherever its in season. We've tried a lot of it from all over three world.
    Le Pamplemousse is the most the most natural in this genre.

In contemporary context, a perfume revolving around grapefruit is generally not complex. I guess this is attributed to tradition. Le Pamplemousse on the other is a true Pandora's Box. I didn't think it'd be this complex but after several proper testings, I'm convinced that Lyn put a lot of effort into LP.

Its never monotonous. A smooth transition from the top to mid notes where its very aromatic but then capillary action takes place and the transitions reverses and you're back at the top again where its soft with florals.
    Finally the tart grapefruit fades away and you know you've reached the bottom notes.

This is a photo of how the experience feels. A bright yellow citric top, followed by ambient-lit aromatic & floral mid and finished with a dark (vetiver & moss) basenote.

for swap/sale: