Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Michael Kors Men

Just received a bottle of this, and currently testing it, so far I am very impressed, smells great, lets see how long it lasts,

Can someone help me out here, I am looking to buy another bottle, only bought 75ml, so I will buy 125ml,
    however I notice that some bottles say just MICHAEL, and others say MICHAEL KORS, has this been reformulated? what is the difference, thanks for any help

Default Re: Michael Kors Men

I haven't heard any reports of a bad reformulation and I don't think there is any problematic ingredient in it (in large amounts).

Didn't last all that long on me. Hope you will have more luck with it.

Personally didn't find this one anything special at all.

Just tried this a few days ago. My nose had to be pressed against my wrist to smell anything. This is right after I walked out of the store.

Well it`s been about 4 hrs since I applied this to the inside of my elbow, I can just about smell it! not good, go`s without saying, I wont be getting the 125ml bottle, such a shame, really nice frag,

the annoying thing is, I bought some Bogart pour homme because of the good reviews on here, and I put that on my other arm, almost as strong now, as when I applied it, and this stuff is half the price!
    This is not acceptable

The original juice has powerful sillage and extended longevity. It is my 'autumn' juice here in New England. There was a post just a few days ago discussing the different incarnations of Michael Kors.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/303...hael-Kors-FAKE

The gist of what you need to know...

There are three bottles-
    Initial Givenchy distribution had the name Michael on the bottle.
    1st wave of distribution transition from Givenchy to Lauder the bottle had no name on it.
    Full distribution over to Lauder the bottle and the fragrance is called Micheal Kors.
    Last edited by neal; 18th June 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    The original juice has powerful sillage and extended longevity. It is my 'autumn' juice here in New England. There was a post just a few days ago discussing the different incarnations of Michael Kors.
    so, it has been reformulated? what does the orignal look like?

I don't know if it has been reformulated for sure but the little tester I had lasted for about 12h minimum.

Also the shower gel was really nice with long projection.

Seems they've watered it down as well. But then again I had the EDP version, maybe that's the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by nonsisa View Post
    I don't know if it has been reformulated for sure but the little tester I had lasted for about 12h minimum.

Also the shower gel was really nice with long projection.

Seems they've watered it down as well. But then again I had the EDP version, maybe that's the reason?
    The plot thickens, so is this availible as an EDP?

I've checked the Internet and couldn't find it but I'm pretty sure it was available as EDP.

Hmm...just realized it was that stuff: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...vip=true&rt=nc

so it was the womens version...haha omg.
    Last edited by nonsisa; 18th June 2012 at 04:48 PM.

I have it and it lasts a while on clothes.

Never was available in an EDP. If you snag a bottle of the original juice you will not need a parfum concentration. That is why I stocked up years ago ;')

Is there a consensus that the current Michael Kors for Men is much weaker than the original Givenchy distributed botles ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Hm... my bottle has "Michael Kors" printed on it, so it must be the newest version. Unfortunately I have to agree that it is not very longlasting on me. I am unable to compare it to the old formulation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Is there a consensus that the current Michael Kors for Men is much weaker than the original Givenchy distributed botles ?
    no
    no
    no

I love it for winter and autumn, almost "niche class" for very little money. It lasts really long on me, probably several days if I don't take a shower.

I wore this when it first came out and the stuff was a beast so if it has issues now then they watered it down. I loved it in Fall and Winter.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I wore it a few days ago. Good sillage and longevity for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    yep
    yep
    yep

not sure if that constitutes a concensus

Blog Entries

I recently got a bottle of the Givenchy version ('Michael') relatively cheap on Strawberry. I find it almost harsh--a very light, misty application works best. So it wouldn't surprise me if later formulations are smoothed out a bit.

I have the newer version. "Michael Kors" in white letters on the front so it's a newer bottle. Excellent smell, very dynamic, and longggggg lasting. BUT! I agree the projection is very poor. Many hours after it has 'dried down' if i get some water on it it re-ignites with full projection, more-so than other fragrances. I've come to the conclusion that this one is a marathon runner and not a sprinter. Worry not but I already came up with a remedy for that. I layer it with Bogart PH since it has some similarities. A spray of Bogart on each wrist/back of wrist, and then Michael on the neck or shoulders of shirt. Bogart takes care of projection, Michael stays close and it is a quality scent, one you want someone to smell on you when you're up close or giving a hug.

Another way to increase projection is to increase the surface area of which you spray it on. I find that the sprayer is closer to a sniper than a shotgun lol so spray from farther away. This will make sure that more of it is exposed to air which should, in theory, increase projection. And you don't have to worry about it disappearing quickly because as I mentioned before it does last longer than most frags. It just happens to really "dry" on and stick to you.

Give it a try, hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    I recently got a bottle of the Givenchy version ('Michael') relatively cheap on Strawberry. I find it almost harsh--a very light, misty application works best. So it wouldn't surprise me if later formulations are smoothed out a bit.
    I got mine from Strawberry also, 75ml quite cheap, so it looks like we have the original version by Givenchy? who made it after Givenchy?

Quote Originally Posted by Russellneal View Post
    I got mine from Strawberry also, 75ml quite cheap, so it looks like we have the original version by Givenchy? who made it after Givenchy?

Anyone know?

^ Scroll up seventeen posts. ^

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    ^ Scroll up seventeen posts. ^
    Sorry, didn't spot that you edited your post, thanks for the info.

I have a tester 125 ml with "Michael Kors" label.One spray on the inner elbow easy stays detectable for 10-12 hours.The projection is almost not existing after the 5th hour of the application.
    Last edited by pirop; 20th June 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Currently wearing: Versus Uomo by Versace

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    That's the one I had. Turned into weak sauce on me pretty quickly/didn't last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Russellneal View Post
    Just received a bottle of this, and currently testing it, so far I am very impressed, smells great, lets see how long it lasts,

Can someone help me out here, I am looking to buy another bottle, only bought 75ml, so I will buy 125ml,
    however I notice that some bottles say just MICHAEL, and others say MICHAEL KORS, has this been reformulated? what is the difference, thanks for any help
    One is Mens one is Womens. Good stuff wish it lasted longer.

I have the Original bottlings with just "MICHAEL" on them and confirmed on both bottle & box that they were indeed made by a division of Givenchy. Harry Fremont was the nose. I have both 75ml and 125ml EdT and 125ml Splash After Shave bottles (which layer the wearing and add some longevity, but more projection as well). Very nice, cozy - a fantastic scent for around the holidays.

Regarding longevity - this has never been a long-lasting scent on me. It does last on fabric better, but it can stain so one must be careful. Being a cold-weather scent, I usually apply a nice generous splash of the After Shave Lotion (regardless of whether or not I shave) and then the EdT to neck (front & back), wrists and the back of my hands. I also want to mention the excellent After Shave Balm that comes in a tall 5oz/150ml rectangular flacon. It is one of THE best balms one can buy. It has great "texture" and the scent is actually very complimentary to the EdT and strong. Look for it!

Here is a key point - I wear an undershirt that is typically black (or white and I can wash and bleach it later) and give it a nice 4-5 shots in the chest area of the shirt. I will wear either a button down shirt (dark) or sweater over it as this is a holiday-party scent for me. The projection/silage is not too loud...it wears like a nice, rich aura scent. I find that the undershirt radiates well with it touching the skin.

However, longevity (with good projection) is usually only about 4 hours. A nice skin scent after, but rather close. The shirt keeps it alive more, and I recommend wearing it this way. No regrets, though - it is a really wonderful fragrance. I have smelled the undershirt I wore the night before the next morning and it was still there (but not strong). Mind you, we're all wearing this scent in typically cold or rainy (or cold & rainy) weather. Layered clothing cuts down on scent to - so I usually "think" about this one before I spray. Same with Gucci Pour Homme I (2003) - as it is an incredible scent, but you can apply it lightly in the cold evening and it will dissipate before you can enjoy it. A little thought put into this and the wearing becomes much more enjoyable.

This is a very good scent, indeed. One that will be in my November - early March rotation here in Northern CA, for years to come.

Final point - I, personally, will never buy the new juice from Lauder - or the EdP as I find it a touch too feminine. ;-)

Cheers!

ericrico
    Last edited by ericrico; 28th August 2012 at 05:43 PM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen