Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Michael Kors Men

Just received a bottle of this, and currently testing it, so far I am very impressed, smells great, lets see how long it lasts,

Can someone help me out here, I am looking to buy another bottle, only bought 75ml, so I will buy 125ml,
    however I notice that some bottles say just MICHAEL, and others say MICHAEL KORS, has this been reformulated? what is the difference, thanks for any help

Default Re: Michael Kors Men

I haven't heard any reports of a bad reformulation and I don't think there is any problematic ingredient in it (in large amounts).

Didn't last all that long on me. Hope you will have more luck with it.

Personally didn't find this one anything special at all.

Just tried this a few days ago. My nose had to be pressed against my wrist to smell anything. This is right after I walked out of the store.

Well it`s been about 4 hrs since I applied this to the inside of my elbow, I can just about smell it! not good, go`s without saying, I wont be getting the 125ml bottle, such a shame, really nice frag,

the annoying thing is, I bought some Bogart pour homme because of the good reviews on here, and I put that on my other arm, almost as strong now, as when I applied it, and this stuff is half the price!
    This is not acceptable

The original juice has powerful sillage and extended longevity. It is my 'autumn' juice here in New England. There was a post just a few days ago discussing the different incarnations of Michael Kors.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/303...hael-Kors-FAKE

The gist of what you need to know...

There are three bottles-
    Initial Givenchy distribution had the name Michael on the bottle.
    1st wave of distribution transition from Givenchy to Lauder the bottle had no name on it.
    Full distribution over to Lauder the bottle and the fragrance is called Micheal Kors.
    Last edited by neal; 18th June 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    The original juice has powerful sillage and extended longevity. It is my 'autumn' juice here in New England. There was a post just a few days ago discussing the different incarnations of Michael Kors.
    so, it has been reformulated? what does the orignal look like?

I don't know if it has been reformulated for sure but the little tester I had lasted for about 12h minimum.

Also the shower gel was really nice with long projection.

Seems they've watered it down as well. But then again I had the EDP version, maybe that's the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by nonsisa View Post
    I don't know if it has been reformulated for sure but the little tester I had lasted for about 12h minimum.

Also the shower gel was really nice with long projection.

Seems they've watered it down as well. But then again I had the EDP version, maybe that's the reason?
    The plot thickens, so is this availible as an EDP?

I've checked the Internet and couldn't find it but I'm pretty sure it was available as EDP.

Hmm...just realized it was that stuff: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...vip=true&rt=nc

so it was the womens version...haha omg.
    Last edited by nonsisa; 18th June 2012 at 04:48 PM.

I have it and it lasts a while on clothes.

Never was available in an EDP. If you snag a bottle of the original juice you will not need a parfum concentration. That is why I stocked up years ago ;')

Is there a consensus that the current Michael Kors for Men is much weaker than the original Givenchy distributed botles ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Hm... my bottle has "Michael Kors" printed on it, so it must be the newest version. Unfortunately I have to agree that it is not very longlasting on me. I am unable to compare it to the old formulation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Is there a consensus that the current Michael Kors for Men is much weaker than the original Givenchy distributed botles ?
    no
    no
    no

I love it for winter and autumn, almost "niche class" for very little money. It lasts really long on me, probably several days if I don't take a shower.

I wore this when it first came out and the stuff was a beast so if it has issues now then they watered it down. I loved it in Fall and Winter.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I wore it a few days ago. Good sillage and longevity for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    yep
    yep
    yep

not sure if that constitutes a concensus

I recently got a bottle of the Givenchy version ('Michael') relatively cheap on Strawberry. I find it almost harsh--a very light, misty application works best. So it wouldn't surprise me if later formulations are smoothed out a bit.

I have the newer version. "Michael Kors" in white letters on the front so it's a newer bottle. Excellent smell, very dynamic, and longggggg lasting. BUT! I agree the projection is very poor. Many hours after it has 'dried down' if i get some water on it it re-ignites with full projection, more-so than other fragrances. I've come to the conclusion that this one is a marathon runner and not a sprinter. Worry not but I already came up with a remedy for that. I layer it with Bogart PH since it has some similarities. A spray of Bogart on each wrist/back of wrist, and then Michael on the neck or shoulders of shirt. Bogart takes care of projection, Michael stays close and it is a quality scent, one you want someone to smell on you when you're up close or giving a hug.

Another way to increase projection is to increase the surface area of which you spray it on. I find that the sprayer is closer to a sniper than a shotgun lol so spray from farther away. This will make sure that more of it is exposed to air which should, in theory, increase projection. And you don't have to worry about it disappearing quickly because as I mentioned before it does last longer than most frags. It just happens to really "dry" on and stick to you.

Give it a try, hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    I recently got a bottle of the Givenchy version ('Michael') relatively cheap on Strawberry. I find it almost harsh--a very light, misty application works best. So it wouldn't surprise me if later formulations are smoothed out a bit.
    I got mine from Strawberry also, 75ml quite cheap, so it looks like we have the original version by Givenchy? who made it after Givenchy?

Quote Originally Posted by Russellneal View Post
    I got mine from Strawberry also, 75ml quite cheap, so it looks like we have the original version by Givenchy? who made it after Givenchy?

Anyone know?

^ Scroll up seventeen posts. ^

^ Scroll up seventeen posts. ^
    Sorry, didn't spot that you edited your post, thanks for the info.

I have a tester 125 ml with "Michael Kors" label.One spray on the inner elbow easy stays detectable for 10-12 hours.The projection is almost not existing after the 5th hour of the application.
    Last edited by pirop; 20th June 2012 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    That's the one I had. Turned into weak sauce on me pretty quickly/didn't last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Russellneal View Post
    Just received a bottle of this, and currently testing it, so far I am very impressed, smells great, lets see how long it lasts,

Can someone help me out here, I am looking to buy another bottle, only bought 75ml, so I will buy 125ml,
    however I notice that some bottles say just MICHAEL, and others say MICHAEL KORS, has this been reformulated? what is the difference, thanks for any help
    One is Mens one is Womens. Good stuff wish it lasted longer.

Basenotes Plus

I have the Original bottlings with just "MICHAEL" on them and confirmed on both bottle & box that they were indeed made by a division of Givenchy. Harry Fremont was the nose. I have both 75ml and 125ml EdT and 125ml Splash After Shave bottles (which layer the wearing and add some longevity, but more projection as well). Very nice, cozy - a fantastic scent for around the holidays.

Regarding longevity - this has never been a long-lasting scent on me. It does last on fabric better, but it can stain so one must be careful. Being a cold-weather scent, I usually apply a nice generous splash of the After Shave Lotion (regardless of whether or not I shave) and then the EdT to neck (front & back), wrists and the back of my hands. I also want to mention the excellent After Shave Balm that comes in a tall 5oz/150ml rectangular flacon. It is one of THE best balms one can buy. It has great "texture" and the scent is actually very complimentary to the EdT and strong. Look for it!

Here is a key point - I wear an undershirt that is typically black (or white and I can wash and bleach it later) and give it a nice 4-5 shots in the chest area of the shirt. I will wear either a button down shirt (dark) or sweater over it as this is a holiday-party scent for me. The projection/silage is not too loud...it wears like a nice, rich aura scent. I find that the undershirt radiates well with it touching the skin.

However, longevity (with good projection) is usually only about 4 hours. A nice skin scent after, but rather close. The shirt keeps it alive more, and I recommend wearing it this way. No regrets, though - it is a really wonderful fragrance. I have smelled the undershirt I wore the night before the next morning and it was still there (but not strong). Mind you, we're all wearing this scent in typically cold or rainy (or cold & rainy) weather. Layered clothing cuts down on scent to - so I usually "think" about this one before I spray. Same with Gucci Pour Homme I (2003) - as it is an incredible scent, but you can apply it lightly in the cold evening and it will dissipate before you can enjoy it. A little thought put into this and the wearing becomes much more enjoyable.

This is a very good scent, indeed. One that will be in my November - early March rotation here in Northern CA, for years to come.

Final point - I, personally, will never buy the new juice from Lauder - or the EdP as I find it a touch too feminine. ;-)

Cheers!

ericrico
    Last edited by ericrico; 28th August 2012 at 05:43 PM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Agreed. Stick with the Original Vintage Givenchy release.
    What is the EDP you mention? For men?

Basenotes Plus

Yeah, Neal -

I only have Original Givenchy bottles with "MICHAEL" on them - bottom stickers and box confirming. Made and distributed by a division of Givenchy.

The EdP is just a joke - teasing our fellow Basenoter, nonsisa, who bought the women's fragrance! ;-) All in fun.

I refuse to give Lauder my money for their reformulation.

Cheers,

ericrico

“Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

http://www.michaelkors.com/store/cat...RA_2_MIC&cmCat=

I think its for women?
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

It hasn`t been reformulated. Stop the hysteria! ;-)

I remember only the Givenchy stuff. Great cologne

I was planning on purchasing this for this fall. Now you all have me worried... Is the new stuff really that weak, or is it still a great fragrance?
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Ok I have the "new" one with the words "Michael Kors" on the front. Smells amazing. Projection is great (above average) at first but becomes a skin scent after 3 and a half hours. Gone from the skin within 8 hours. What I find that works best is to spray a lot on the chest and then put a shirt on, then spray on the shirt. This works because clothes hold the frag much longer than my skin and spraying on the chest contains the spread, and gives a controlled release of the frag, which increases longevity. After you do this you can add the usual wrist/neck sprays. I have the big 4.2 oz bottle and even its sprayer deliver a small amount of the frag, half as much as something like Bogart Pour Homme. This is probably the problem for some people because they swear by a certain "number" of sprays and 5 sprays of Michael Kors is a lot less than 5 sprays of an average frag.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I was planning on purchasing this for this fall. Now you all have me worried... Is the new stuff really that weak, or is it still a great fragrance?
    I never smelled the "old" stuff so I have no basis for comparison, but the new version is pretty weak. Like I mentioned above you have to spray it like you mean it with this one, and spray on clothes. I would still recommend it despite its "weakness". I think it's still slightly above average sillage and longevity compared to most modern releases. And the smell itself is legendary.

can someone post a picture for the new version? since I wanted t buy this one in from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-by-M...ht_2424wt_1271

I have a 2.5 oz with just Michael on it and a 4.2oz that has Michael Kors on it. Both smell the same to me. I originally thought that the 2.5oz all had just Michael on it b/c the bottle was smaller. The back of my 2.5oz says "A Division of Parfums Givenchy, Inc." and the 4.2oz box says "Michael Kors Beauty, Dist".

Edit: D@mn it! You guys are right about this reformulation thing. I didn't compare them side to side before, just from memory. I just sprayed both versions onto sticky notes and the "vintage" Michael version has a smoky vibe to it that reminds me of the smoke in Aventus. The "new" Michael Kors version doesn't have it and is sweeter smelling. I hate to say it, but the Givenchy one is the superior one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by karlochacon View Post
    can someone post a picture for the new version? since I wanted t buy this one in from ebay

Here's my two bottles of Kors and Kors Light:

Last edited by mesaboogie; 28th August 2012 at 08:45 PM.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

dont go by that picture - it looks like a stock photo. here you go...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/110938721451...#ht_574wt_1398

I bought my vintage 2.5 oz Michael Kors on Amazon btw.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I bought my vintage 2.5 oz Michael Kors on Amazon btw.

2.5 in amazon is pretty cheap in fact

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...o_cart_title_1

2.5 in amazon is pretty cheap in fact

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...o_cart_title_1
    Yep. Just snagged that one about an hour ago in fact. I hope its the original version, or else I would have just gone to the store and purchased one...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Yep. Just snagged that one about an hour ago in fact. I hope its the original version, or else I would have just gone to the store and purchased one...
    yes I was thinking the same thing about the original one or new one

In fact I asked to the seller so in case I get an answer I will post it here

- - - Updated - - -

also you can let us know as you soon as you get it

did you get the bottle? which one is it? MICHAEL or MICHAEL KORS?

thanks

I recently ordered mine and it is powerful to me. I ordered from Michael kors
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I've tried this many times from shop testers as I love the smell but the longevity is atrocious on me - 2hrs later and it's barely detectable even with my nose right up to my skin! I'd definitely buy this if it lasted a reasonable amount of time. The ones I've tested all had 'Michael Kors' printed on the bottle - I've never found or tried the older one.

I really love this fragrance! I wore some to work last week, and people just gathered around me, like fruitflies around a rotten apple . I think it must have been the fragrance. Got no compliments, but I almost never do. But people were somehow friendlier, happier and more social than usual around me . Are there any similar fragragances around, maybe niche with even higher quality ingredients? I especially like the mix of pipe tobacco, dried fruit and incense.

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    I really love this fragrance! I wore some to work last week, and people just gathered around me, like fruitflies around a rotten apple . I think it must have been the fragrance. Got no compliments, but I almost never do. But people were somehow friendlier, happier and more social than usual around me . Are there any similar fragragances around, maybe niche with even higher quality ingredients? I especially like the mix of pipe tobacco, dried fruit and incense.
    I recall smelling it on someone else and how wonderful it smelled.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I bought a 125ml bottle on ebay a while back and am happy with it. Unfortunately it does start to fade after about an hour and a half on me, just when it's getting really good. I am not at home at the moment to check out which version it is. I find it hard to understand how anyone could not even detect it soon after spraying, it's such a rich and full scent.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought a 125ml bottle on ebay a while back and am happy with it. Unfortunately it does start to fade after about an hour and a half on me, just when it's getting really good. I am not at home at the moment to check out which version it is. I find it hard to understand how anyone could not even detect it soon after spraying, it's such a rich and full scent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    I bought a 125ml bottle on ebay a while back and am happy with it. Unfortunately it does start to fade after about an hour and a half on me, just when it's getting really good. I am not at home at the moment to check out which version it is. I find it hard to understand how anyone could not even detect it soon after spraying, it's such

Oops double post.
    Anyway I just remembered it says "Michael Kors" on the bottle so I assume it's the later version I have?

Basenotes Plus

Hello irrbloss -

This is a great scent indeed! While there are many, more expensive, niche scents out there...if you want to expand your collection to include scents that carry great notes (including pipe tobacco), there are some you can get for a fair price and offer excellent quality!

My recommendations: Although it is actually cheaper than Michael Kors for Men, the quality of Jacques Bogart Pour Homme is very impressive. A creation by Maurice Roucel in 2004 - with Tonka Bean used incredibly well and cherry pipe tobacco with patchouli and nice cedar. Some smooth lavender as well. HUGE opening, but a drydown that lasts for 10-12+ hours (several days on clothes) - and it is not expensive. A great bottle for the price and you get far better longevity than Michael Kors - plus it is different enough that you will not feel like you have two scents that are nearly identical.

Another bottle I recommend is John Varvatos Vintage - a great flacon with some excellent juice. Very nice notes, including a great tobacco note. About the same longevity on me for both (and projection) as Michael Kors. A very suave scent...created by Rodrigo Flores-Roux!

Finally, I recommend a very nice bottle by Antoine Maisondieu - London for Men by Burberry. A truly great scent and one that I find to be very enjoyable in the fall/winter (cold). Longer lasting and better projection than Michael, and again, different enough. Quality.

All the best - cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    Hello irrbloss -

This is a great scent indeed! While there are many, more expensive, niche scents out there...if you want to expand your collection to include scents that carry great notes (including pipe tobacco), there are some you can get for a fair price and offer excellent quality!

My recommendations: Although it is actually cheaper than Michael Kors for Men, the quality of Jacques Bogart Pour Homme is very impressive. A creation by Maurice Roucel in 2004 - with Tonka Bean used incredibly well and cherry pipe tobacco with patchouli and nice cedar. Some smooth lavender as well. HUGE opening, but a drydown that lasts for 10-12+ hours (several days on clothes) - and it is not expensive. A great bottle for the price and you get far better longevity than Michael Kors - plus it is different enough that you will not feel like you have two scents that are nearly identical.

Another bottle I recommend is John Varvatos Vintage - a great flacon with some excellent juice. Very nice notes, including a great tobacco note. About the same longevity on me for both (and projection) as Michael Kors. A very suave scent...created by Rodrigo Flores-Roux!

Finally, I recommend a very nice bottle by Antoine Maisondieu - London for Men by Burberry. A truly great scent and one that I find to be very enjoyable in the fall/winter (cold). Longer lasting and better projection than Michael, and again, different enough. Quality.

All the best - cheers,

ericrico
    Thanks! I already own London and really like it too, but I still prefer Michael. So if I own London and Michael, would Bogart Pour Homme be a good choice? I read somewhere that it is very synthetic, at least in the opening.

Basenotes Plus

Hi irrbloss -

Well, the opening on Jacques Bogart Pour Homme is definitely sharp and loud. The spike of bergamot is initially a little strong. The lavender is not medicinal to me - some people have felt it is synthetic. To each their own. The florals in the heart come fast (within 5-10 minutes on the skin) - orange blossom, lily-of-the-valley and rose - all of these notes (after the bergamot calms down) create a nice aromatic bouquet, but are miniscule in comparison to the base notes that waft up through the heart along with the infamous cherry pipe tobacco (that one actually first smells within just a few minutes of the wearing). So, it shows very strong in the heart - seemingly as a middle note (which you get a definitive hint of even in the top), but it lasts a good while. Going into the base, I find that patchouli shows first - it is sharp and a bit green initially. It then warms with the huge tonka bean in here, becoming a nice earthy, green note with the light touch of oakmoss as this develops. As I have mentioned, this is tonka bean turned ALL the way up. The musk is clean (white musk) and actually lifts the scent some. As the patchouli is warming, the nice dusty cedar note enters (a note I really like in here). I actually do get 3 stages with this, but the opening is really a small part of the whole, the middle showing an early hint of the "flavors" and what is to come, but they integrate & evolve as the impressive, smoldering tonka bean warms on your skin. All of this happens within the opening 20-30 minutes, so even if it doesn't agree with you in the initial opening - it changes and has a lot of movement, quickly. Personally, I like it.

The opening being called "synthetic"...it is not to me and, regardless, not significant at all. In a 10-12+ hour wear, I don't judge a note or opening that lasts a handful of minutes as important as the 9 1/2+ hours beyond that I enjoy tremendously. And, I would be surprised if you don't find the heart phase to be very nice with the florals and cherry pipe tobacco taking center stage and patchouli entering.

A Maurice Roucel bottle that, at first, could seem out of balance to someone. However, it is actually a very cozy and comfortable scent. The strength of the tonka bean is truly impressive here. Once you wear it a couple of times, you know what to expect. I found that a layered wearing is actually the best way to wear this scent. Put on a couple of shots to the neck and chest, and one to the wrists/back of hands each. It is loud, but let it settle. At 30 minutes or so (after you're done getting dressed), just apply another shot (or two) to your neck and wrists/back of hands. This layered effect allows the tonka bean to already emerge, so the top notes that come on are immediately "warmed". Interesting effect and I find one gets a better, fuller wearing of Jacques Bogart Pour Homme. For the people who appreciate this fragrance, they love the long dry down of smooth, warm tonka bean infused with cherry pipe tobacco, cedar & patchouli. The secondary notes eventually become more faint after a couple (or few) hours, but the tonka bean is just so nice and comforting. What Roucel created from these ingredients, in my opinion, is nothing short of remarkable. This does not get overly sweet or cloying on me.

What I find interesting is how Roucel creates a powerhouse that is comforting. A pardoxical scent - leaving a lot of people wondering, "What just happened??", about 10-12+ hours later. They are left with a nice, warm smooth skin scent that was smoldering just hours before that opened with a blast of sharp citrus, florals, pipe tobacco and followed with patchouli, cedar and musk. I find the "movement" in this composition to be incredible and it is better to "step back" and enjoy the entire wear versus picking out a single note or sharp opening that will be LONG gone and forgotten once the scent has faded. Like a blast of cold air on a snowy, cold day as you enter your home, but quickly smell of the bouquet on the table and the fire burning in the living room. Time to make a cup of vanilla chai tea, light a nice pipe with a full pinch of tobacco, relax and warm up. You can rest as you are not going out for the evening. That is the feeling this gives me. Yet, ironically, I enjoying wearing this scent out as much as at home (if not more) as it always gets me compliments!

Please know that if applied on clothing, this scent can last for several days - very nice for a thermal shirt or cozy sweater that one wears around the house in the evenings. Remarkable.

Michael Kors (and I only have Original bottles that say, "MICHAEL") is a very good fragrance. I really like the composition and notes. Longevity is somewhat fleeting - even the original juice (but smells damn good!). I also have splash after shave bottles and the excellent after shave balm, which is incredible. Get it if you can - 150ml for a fair price can be found online here in the US. It has a lot of fragrance in it and is very rich. Plus, it extends the wearing of Michael Kors and increases projection. Probably something better for cool/cold evenings, but I always layer at least a little to get more out of it.

I hope this helps explain my perspective - Jacques Bogart Pour Homme, even with all of its power, leaves you feeling cozy, warm and comfortable. Roucel created a great bottle that, as powerful as it is, actually maintains both harmony and balance. For the price, one of the best bottles one can buy in this genre...and definitely different than Michael Kors and London by Burberry.

Cheers,

ericrico

Thanks! I already own London and really like it too, but I still prefer Michael. So if I own London and Michael, would Bogart Pour Homme be a good choice? I read somewhere that it is very synthetic, at least in the opening.
    Last edited by ericrico; 18th September 2012 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks again ericrico, very nice description! I know I must have it now .

My bottle says Michael on it and on my skin it is a beast. 1 spray and I'm set for the day. Anything more than 2 sprays and I would be killing everyone around me. Nice fragrance, especially the dry down.

I'm gonna be using my MICHAEL KORS version and saving my vintage MICHAEL version for special times.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

This is the best thread i have read to date very informative and extremely helpful to me.I almost bought the new juice at Ross a few weeks back and really glad i didnt because it has both names on the bottle (first and last)
    I will be looking for "Michael" now and hope to get it for a decent price along with the Bogart which i hadnt heard of until this thread.....Take her easy

Has anyone recently ordered Michael from FragranceX? They're having a fall sale right now. I just ordered a bottle of Bogart Pour Homme and a 4.2 oz backup bottle of Michael. I hope I will get the vintage version. The bottle of Michael I own now is vintage and I know I got it from FragranceX, but I think it's about two years ago...

Basenotes Plus

Hi irrbloss -

I really hope you get the original "MICHAEL" bottle in your order and enjoy the Bogart Pour Homme!! I will say this...and I don't normally say anything negative about online seller, but I even called twice to confirm my order with them of Zino Davidoff (which shows the Original Script Logo bottle) and they even "went into the warehouse and opened a box and looked at the bottle for me"! They confirmed it was the Original formulation - I ended up getting the block letter, reformulated DAVIDOFF bottle! I was upset but kept it. The current juice does have nice top & heart notes and I layer with the Script logo juice that has more depth and power. Plus, the current juice is more wearable in warm weather - I have worn Zino at least 5-6 times or more this summer here in California! I apply the current juice liberally and add just a couple shots of the Vintage during the day (and a couple more at night for a very full wearing).

All I can say is, good luck. Calling and asking them makes no difference.

Going back to a comment I made earlier - does anyone else here have the excellent Michael for Men After Shave Balm in the tall, rectangular 150ml/5oz flacon? It has incredible "texture" - slightly grainy with little 'beads', but it melts and absorbs onto your skin brilliantly! I just put a single finger tip dab onto the back of my clean hand...and rubbed it in. Within a few minutes, it absorbed and the radiant aroma (albeit from an After Shave balm) of Michael was very present. I very highly recommend this to anyone. And, if you can find it, the vintage "MICHAEL" After Shave Splash is awesome too - but very rare.

Cheers,

ericrico

Has anyone recently ordered Michael from FragranceX? They're having a fall sale right now. I just ordered a bottle of Bogart Pour Homme and a 4.2 oz backup bottle of Michael. I hope I will get the vintage version. The bottle of Michael I own now is vintage and I know I got it from FragranceX, but I think it's about two years ago...
    Good luck! I got my vintage 2.5oz MICHAEL bottle from Amazon. Let us know which one you get.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock