Code of Conduct

Thread: Taste of Heaven

Default Taste of Heaven

Well I've had a sample of this for several months and I enjoyed it but didn't really grab me . At the time I had received sample of the entire kilian line and few other items so I was sniffing a lot and testing new frags daily.

Well I was looking for my sotd last Tuesday and reached for this green juice, and it blew me away! Such a sexy , mysterious type smell IMO, something I wouldnt wear casually, but one could. I just picture being dressed up when reaching for this. Longevity and projection were top notch, so it's safe to say I'm on a hunt for this bottle!

Funny how out of all of the kilian this was not even on my top 3 and now it will be my first full bottle or refill, havent decided.

Just goes to show you that in this hobby you should always revisit scents to see if your taste changes or maybe second time around something just clicks with you.

One reason I kind of brushed this off originally is my dad signatures scent his entire life has been caron pour homme and yes they smell similiar, but IMO this one is more modern and overall better!

Love this stuff!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Taste of Heaven

Really want to try this stuff, however I'm a little skeptical considering people say it smells like Caron Pour Homme, which smells dated. Is it considerably more modern in comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Matkinson View Post
    Really want to try this stuff, however I'm a little skeptical considering people say it smells like Caron Pour Homme, which smells dated. Is it considerably more modern in comparison?
    Yes, IMO it definitely is more modern. I'm not sure of its the geranium in this one or the absinthe note, but it is very well blended, great vanilla tonka mixed with several types of lavander. It's much more natural smelling compared to Caron.

But of course 100ml of Caron is under 40 bucks but taste is that much better any warrants the purchase..

Of the many I've tried in the line, this is one that I really find pleasant,

Like many of the kilians, The longevity on this stuff is great! Wore this to dinner last night around. 7pm and still can smell it this morning at 6am

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like it compared to Back to Black?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    How do you like it compared to Back to Black?
    Back to black was actually the first kilian I enjoyed the most and thought would be my first purchase from this house. However, after wearing it a few more times, I can't get over how much it just begins to smell like baby powder. I asked multiple people at work their opinions and several made the same comment. I do love the honey accord on th black, and still will purchase a small decant but not as versatile as taste and IMO doesn't smell as good...taste is now easily on my top 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Back to black was actually the first kilian I enjoyed the most and thought would be my first purchase from this house. However, after wearing it a few more times, I can't get over how much it just begins to smell like baby powder. I asked multiple people at work their opinions and several made the same comment. I do love the honey accord on th black, and still will purchase a small decant but not as versatile as taste and IMO doesn't smell as good...taste is now easily on my top 5.
    What are your other top 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    What are your other top 4?
    At the moment i'd say my top 5 are the following:

Reflection Man
    Invasion Barbare
    Le Labo Rose 31
    Luminor Noire
    Taste Heaven

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I have three of their fragrances. A Taste of Heaven, Back to Black and Amber Oud. I have been going back and forth on Cruel Intentions and Straight to Heaven.

Taste of Heaven was the first one I got from Killian and really like it. The one thing I would recommend, if you do not need the fancy packaging, purchase the refill for $100 US less, and get your own atomizer. For a nice niche frag at $125 for 50ml, not a bad deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I have three of their fragrances. A Taste of Heaven, Back to Black and Amber Oud. I have been going back and forth on Cruel Intentions and Straight to Heaven.

Taste of Heaven was the first one I got from Killian and really like it. The one thing I would recommend, if you do not need the fancy packaging, purchase the refill for $100 US less, and get your own atomizer. For a nice niche frag at $125 for 50ml, not a bad deal at all.
    Yea, this is what i was considering since its much better deal, but there is just something about owning the actual bottle of a fragrance that you love, especially a bottle with this type of presentation.

The smarter thing is to go refill, but i'm just tired of having too many decants laying around, I'm at the point now where i want actual bottles for scents that i know are bottle worthy. The rest i will just buy small decants of if needed.

BTW - From Orlando area, nice to see some Floridians on the board

Also, Cruel is my 2nd favorite from this house...love that stuff!!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of us Floridians on the board.

I hear ya about the decants. His packaging is phenomenal, but is it worth the extra $100.00?

There are plenty of us Floridians on the board.

I hear ya about the decants. His packaging is phenomenal, but is it worth the extra $100.00?
    I've actually never seen a Kilian box/bottle in person to say if its worth 100.00. I guess at the end its the juice that matters.

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome, I'm glad to see you came around on it!

I think I remember a post you had made months ago when you were just asking about it and hadn't sampled it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

So far the only scent by kilian that i really like. However I don't wear it much as it is very strong. Not for office use imho. Maybe I should try it for clubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    That's awesome, I'm glad to see you came around on it!

I think I remember a post you had made months ago when you were just asking about it and hadn't sampled it yet.
    Yes you are correct, I actually used the same ebay buyer to obtain my 10 samples Now just waiting to see if she comes across a refill bottle You're thread is what got me interested in this one, so thank you for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by DieNase View Post
    So far the only scent by kilian that i really like. However I don't wear it much as it is very strong. Not for office use imho. Maybe I should try it for clubbing.
    Worn it to work 3 days straight and loving it..no issues at all, just go 3 sprays max.

Post Thanks / Like

3 sprays is heavy application for ToF imo. That's really strong stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Worn it to work 3 days straight and loving it..no issues at all, just go 3 sprays max.
    Well i should point out that i'm dressed up for work so i have dress shirt/tie on, I go one spray to chest (under shirt) and one on each side of the neck and sometimes one on back of neck. Keep in mind i'm using kilian samples at the moment, so the spray doesn't spray much juice.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Did you get any reactions by colleagues?

Quote Originally Posted by DieNase View Post
    Ok. Did you get any reactions by colleagues?
    Yes, 2. Compliments from women who know I'm into frags, said it was one of their favorites. And one guy co-worker commented on it. So far positive

Count me in as another huge fan of ToH! I bought the travel refill for $60 during the MiN sale a month ago. I wore 3 sprays from a Sephora travel atomizer and I smoked out the office. This was the first time people have ever commented about the overwhelming presence of my fragrance. I find this stuff to be stronger than what others consider to be "powerhouse" type fragrances so be conscious of the trigger if you are concerned about wearing it in an office environment.

I will say I got positive reactions from folks when going easier on the trigger in previous wearings.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like this house. So far, I've tried Back to Black, Amber Oud, and Taste of Heaven. Love all three of them. I ended up purchasing a 1 oz travel refill of Back to Black and decanted it into an atomizer. Will probably purchase refills of the other two sometime in the future.

Regarding ToH, it's one of the best, if not the best, gourmands I've smelled. Very classy, sharp, and not cloying. I get a natural burnt sugar vibe. I would say this, Pure Coffee, and LIDGE are my favorite gourmands.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1ml vial, and 2 1/5ml spray samples of this..... and I simply hate the top notes of this. I gave them to my wife to try and she immediately said "no thanks". She thought it smelled horrible. The dry down is much better, but out of all the Kilians..... it is one that I will never purchase.

Worn this frag 5 consecutive days...can't remember the last time I can say I have worn the same juice this long. Another compliment today from a girl in her 20s