Code of Conduct

Default It's going to be 97 degree fahrenheit today, what fragrance would you wear?

It's going to be a very very hot, humid, and muggy day today here... what fragrance would you wear? I am not sure what to put on this morning? any suggestion?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: It's going to be 97 degree fahrenheit today, what fragrance would you wear?

Monsieur Balmain

Sur la Plage

Default Re: It's going to be 97 degree fahrenheit today, what fragrance would you wear?

Will you be outside all day long, or will you be in a temperature-controlled environment?
    Last edited by petruccijc; 19th June 2012 at 11:47 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Banned

One spritz of Muscs Koublaï Khän to the belly. This one performs well for me in the heat.

Kouros off course

Banned

L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo - Initially, one is treated to a biting and sparkling blast of yuzo, somewhere between a grapefruit and a mandarin orange, with its lemon-like tangy and floral aspects. This sharp and bright citrus slowly pairs with ho leaf, which tinges the pseudo-lemon with its spicy and sweet, floral and rosewood overtones, yielding an almost lemon, furniture polish accord, morphing the stark citrus into a luscious smoothness. The refreshing, watery middle beckons. Here, in the heart, the pseudo-lemon is immersed in a bath of lotus flower, with its lovely, water lily greenness with a hint of mint, sharp and fresh ozone notes, as well as refreshful aquatic notes, with its faint, marine and mint accord, and steeps into a soothing lemonade. Pleasant white musk usurps the cool blend into the awaiting base, imparting its sweet and floral facets, and its cohort, green pepper, adds a kiss of earthiness before meandering to the light and airy drydown. A wonderful fragrance to be turned to in the heat of the summer, this fresh and crisp composition is a vibrant, green, lemony and woody scent, and has average longevity and projection. In the sweaty dog days of the summer, you need this!

Live Jazz - Never lets me down in the heat.

yeah, Live Jazz or Lili Bermuda South Water

Fahrenheit. Obviously.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Issey Miyake Summer 2000. (the one with peppermint and gingko boloba)

My first go-toos would be Aqua di Selva or Guerlain's Vetiver. Each slice through heat and humidity like a Samari sword?
    "It's not the scent that recalls the person; it's the person who recalls the scent"

...something clean and fresh like Eau de Campagne by Sisley...?

Just good ol' Millesime Imperial.

Kouros.

Don't be shy. 10-15 sprays minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    Kouros.

Only pussies wear under 10 sprays of Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    From your favorites, that would be my safe pick.

Blog Entries

Erolfa
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

I wore CDG 2 Man, and the heat seems to bring out the warmth of the fragrance a lot more than I was expecting
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Kouros 1 spray. Magic

Channel allure homme sport
    Last edited by EarNoseThroat; 21st June 2012 at 01:39 AM.

I tend to go for Virgin Island Water or Colonia on the real scorchers if I am going to be outside a lot.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

CREED Millesime Imperial

It was 97 degree, and I can't believe that someone actually was wearing Hanae Mori yesterday.... crazy sweet on a hot and humid day... felt like i was trapped in a beehive.... thanks for the suggestion... I like a few of them like

Guerlain Vetiver
    MI
    Kouros - 1 spray
    MKK - 1 spray
    Fahrenheit
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Polo Blue
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I have been waiting for this 90+ degree heat to wear VIW!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Mugler Cologne, Acqua Azzurra or Monsieur Balmain.

Live Jazz, Guerlain Vetiver, any of the Guerlain Eaux are all good on hot days.

it's 103 where I'm at and the answer in is:

"I drank what?" -Socrates

Yatagan

Kouros + no underarm anti-perspirant for the ultimate masculine vibe.

Why So Serious?

It certainly has been a very very hot few days, approaching 35C that feels like 45 with humidity, thought I made the mistake by wearing Body Kouros today, but i was surprised how well this fragrance stood up in the heat, never became cloying, it was very civilized.

Will bust out Millesime Imperial the next few days though.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I decided to go with Guerlain Vetiver in this 95+ F weather.... there is something about vetiver and hot weather... just so refreshing....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

6 sprays of Millesime Imperial at noon!

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    Kouros.

Why stop at 15?

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    ^This
    or possibly ... Versace Eau Fraiche

Cool Re: It's going to be 97 degree fahrenheit today, what fragrance would you wear?

Guerlian Vetiver, Bowling Green, Infusion by Bombay Sapphire-- and maybe St John's Bay Rum.

But not Himalaya, Bois de Cédrat, Acqua di Parma Colonia, Eau d'Orange Verte, Gai Mattiolo Uomo, or Versace l'Homme, These stop working for me past 90 degrees.

Cheers and Keep Cool,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.