Code of Conduct

Smile CHANEL ÉGOÏSTE - where can I buy it in New York or Montreal

Hi there,

First up: I'm referring to the original, NOT Platinum.

I'm based in the UK, but am currently in Montreal for 3 months. In a couple of weeks I'll be briefly visiting NYC.

I want to buy a bottle of EDT. It's pricey on ebay because of shipping plus there are alot of fakes and you don't know how old the bottle is.

I'd rather buy in a store if poss. They don't have it at the Hudson Bay dept store in Montreal (the woman at the Chanel counter hadn't even heard of it). which makes me think it's discontinued in Canada?

Does anyone know where I can buy it in New York City?

Also - I'd really like to determine once and for all - is it discontinued in Europe, and is it discontinued in the US? Where is it not discontinued? I can buy it at the Chanel counter at one store in Glasgow and at duty free in Heathrow airport but that's rare in the UK. I get conflicting information about it's status.

I love this fragrance and have work it on and off since it was first released. That and Carolina Herrerra original
    (which has an equally mercurial presence in terms of 'discontinuation'). I have to buy that online now as it's not available in any shops in the UK. If anyone could give me a firm answer about it's status I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

Charlie

Default Re: CHANEL ÉGOÏSTE - where can I buy it in New York or Montreal

There are two Chanel boutiques in NYC (on 57th and in Soho). Also, in general here in the US Bloomingdale carries it, and sometimes Saks, though I don't know if specifically the NY store does. As usual, you can call before to check.

As you point out, it is pretty rare here in the US too.

cacio

They should have it at any Chanel boutique and you can also get it from the Chanel website, which ships from New Jersey (for North American customers). Saks and Bergdorf Goodman are other possibilities. Boston Chanel boutique definitely has it.

In Montreal you can be sure to get it at either Holt-Renfrew on Sherbrooke St. or the nearby Ogilvies just down the block on St Catherine. Both stores have extensive selections of almost all brands of mainstream, as well as niche, perfumes. Another place to try is just next door to Ogilvies, on St Catherine: Vasco Cigars, where you will find a selection of discontinued and hard to find scents. They are at the back of the shop. This is where I go to get my Yohji Homme shower gel, but I think he is out now.

I'd get it wherever the exchange rate to the British Pound is most favorable at the time.

I know the Chanel boutique at Selfridges in London sells it, but you have to ask for it; they don't seem to keep it out in the display. So it's not discontinued in the UK.

I actually bought mine in the duty free at either Newark or JFK the last time I returned to the UK from New York. Sorry - I can't remember which airport it was.

Nordstrom carries it where I live (I was pretty amazed to see it).

But it's so fun to get a Chanel package in the mail!

I haven't heard of it being discontinued but you have almost scared me into getting a backup bottle.

Saks and Bergdorf Goodman have it in NYC.