Code of Conduct

Default Creed from luxuryperfume.com- Is this real?

Seems too good to be true, but... is it? anyone ever bought from these guys?

http://www.luxuryperfume.com/origina...reed-8480.html
    Last edited by socalwoman; 19th June 2012 at 11:07 AM.

Default Re: Creed - Is this real?

'S not that outrageous a discount, I've seen other Creeds for that much off elsewhere, but I can't speak to the trustworthiness of the vendor.

Hmm i havent come across that site before. I would rather spend a couple more dollars and get it from fragrancenet.
    http://www.fragrancenet.com/creed-ve...mf/en_US/04512

$160 for a 4 oz. bottle of OV is not a steal. This is a steal - http://www.scentmonkey.com/product.php?code=M-T-1206
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, Carolina Herrera Chic for Men, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke extrait

too bad shipping kills it for me

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    $160 for a 4 oz. bottle of OV is not a steal. This is a steal - http://www.scentmonkey.com/product.php?code=M-T-1206
    That is a steal! Have you bought from Monkey? Good Juice?

I remember calling a Saks Creed Rep and asking her if they price match if I found a cheaper price online and she told me (have no clue if she is actually trained to say this or not..) that Saks, Neiman's and Creed Stores are the only authorized dealer for their products.. so I am hoping that someone has bought from either ScentMonkey or FragranceNet.. Hate to drop $240 on a bottle.. when I want about 4 of them.

Basenotes Plus

$240 is the 2.5-oz. The 4-oz. is $285.00.

I would look at Fragrancenet.com and use the 15% off coupon. Brings it down to $140.00 and free shipping. I have gotten a Creed from them and have not had a problem.

Palm, I stand corrected. Thanks. Have you compared a Saks or Neiman bought bottle of Creed with FragranceNet?Same Results?

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    $240 is the 2.5-oz. The 4-oz. is $285.00.

I would look at Fragrancenet.com and use the 15% off coupon. Brings it down to $140.00 and free shipping. I have gotten a Creed from them and have not had a problem.

If your order goes through, Scentmonkey is fine...there are 2 other threads right now talking about them. $160 is a bit high to me.

Couldn't find the other post but I am wondering if anyone has compared ScentMonkey or FragranceNet to a bought bottle from Saks or Creed Outlet.. same results/juice?

Scentmonkey.com is legit but the problem I have found with them is that many of their "too good to be true" prices are for testers (as in the example of the Original Vetiver above).

Many times, they are showing the tester bottles with a cap, whereas, most of the time, testers DON'T have a cap. I called Scentmonkey.com to ask about this and the guy I spoke with admitted that the testers "may or may not" have a cap (and/or a box). He asked which product I was looking at and I told him OV. He went to check the tester and reported back to me that it did NOT have a cap, even though the picture on their website clearly showed it WITH a cap.

In other words, Scentmonkey.com is engaging in false advertising. You can't always know what you'll be getting from them....at least with the testers. So buyer beware.

On the other hand, it does appear that Scentmonkey.com has the lowest prices for some (but not all) Creeds, which even beat Fragrancenet.com (with a 20% discount). For instance, a 4 oz tester of MI from Fragrancenet.com with a 20% off code is $111.00, compared to $97.00 at Scentmonkey.com (with no discount code).

When comparing prices, it is very important to realize that Fragrancenet's prices do not include any discount, and when that discount is taken into consideration, Fragrancenet often winds up being the cheapest price (along with free shipping).

Another thing about Scentmonkey.com that I noticed is that they have "Price Match" up at the top of every page. They say they will beat ANY price on the net. So if that's truly the case, one could always call them up and get the best price, no matter where it's found.

With Creed reportedly set to raise their prices even higher, it will be interesting to see where prices go online for their products.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Scentmonkey.com is legit but the problem I have found with them is that many of their "too good to be true" prices are for testers (as in the example of the Original Vetiver above).
    Have you bought a expensive bottle and had the privilege of comparing the two?

Quote Originally Posted by loudsight123 View Post
    I believe all the online fragrance places get their stuff from the same source. With respect to Creeds, I believe all the online sellers get them from the same grey market source. That even includes places like Walgreens.com. They get the Creeds they sell online from the same grey market place Fragrancenet.com does, and some say it's even Fragrancenet's stock.

BN is full of these discussions on the legitimacy of online fragrance places. They are all selling real Creeds. Yes, I have compared $300.00 Creeds with the "half-price" alternatives online, and it is exactly the same. There are things to look for to make sure it's a genuine bottle of Creed, and BN is also full of these discussions on what to look for.

The thing to remember with the online fragrance places is that you can always return it and get your money back if you're not happy with it. I have made returns to many places and never had a problem with any of them.

Thanks. Wouldn't a full retail bottle be better than grey market though?

My "legit" bottle that i purchased from Neiman Marcus smelled worse than the New bottle i purchased from Walgreens (fulfilled by fragrancenet). It is hit or miss, but online places like fragrancenet do have legit stuff. Just make sure you purchase from somewhere with a good return policy, or use a payment option like paypal or amex that lets you dispute charges if you are not satisfied and they refuse to take it back.

Have never purchased from this place, but they appear to be legit. As others have mentioned above, there are better possibilities for purchases if you are a bit hesitant.

Thanks. Wouldn't a full retail bottle be better than grey market though?
    They............ are.............. the................ same ......................

I organized a group purchase for Basenoters a few years ago from luxuryperfume.com, so we could take advantage of the wholesale prices: http://www.luxuryperfumewholesale.co...ST06152009.pdf

I picked up our order from their shop on Broadway in Los Angeles and saw everything firsthand. Due to the condition of some of the items, I ended up going back a second time to return some things. I checked out the shelves and bins both times. There were maybe 5 Creeds, mostly feminine, on a shelf and they looked shopworn. In the same area of the store there were some funky looking of Victoria Secret Secret 88s and a 33 iirc and funky or not, I snapped those up for myself. The juice is still wonderful.

I posted more about what I saw there in post 2 of this thread about them: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/237...s-vendor/page2

Please remember to use the search function before starting new threads.

That is a steal! Have you bought from Monkey? Good Juice?
    ScentMonkey is legit but make sure you call before you order online to make sure the product is in stock. They have a habit of still showing an item in stock on their website when it is actually out of stock.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, Carolina Herrera Chic for Men, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke extrait

Couldn't find the other post but I am wondering if anyone has compared ScentMonkey or FragranceNet to a bought bottle from Saks or Creed Outlet.. same results/juice?
    From what I've heard, they're exactly the same. The only variations that I know of with legit Creeds is the batch, and the batch is not dependent on whether you get your Creed from an authorized retailer or grey market.

As also mentioned on this thread, I've heard of cases where people got their Creeds from an authorized retailer, and they got a worse smelling batch than from the grey market. I've also heard of some grey market retailers, like Beauty Encounter, going overboard in trying to hide the batch codes - they would cut out any remnants of it from the boxes. I try to stay away from those places.

From personal experience, I prefer getting my Creeds from Fragrancenet and splits.

I like the idea of splits, but I want the bottle Wahhhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    Wow they jumped up the price! I got the exact same thing from them last week for $78.

I like the idea of splits, but I want the bottle Wahhhhhh!
    lol. Yeah, me too, but only for so much. Like if I had to spend just 30-40 bucks more to get it in the nice retail bottle, then I'd gladly do so. But if it was for $80 to $100+ more, then no thanks, get me in on the split!