Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New Fragrance: Joop! Homme Wild

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    I love purple! I have 2 purple guitars...
    Yep, nice. Is that a Jazzmaster? I've a metallic medium blue Strat with rosewood fretboard and cream pick guard and pickups.

I randomly came across this in Boots yesterday. It's in no way as intense as the original at all, and probably nowhere near as strong either. Although I seemed to like it quite a lot more, seems more tame and much more wearable. I also thought it was kind of leaning to the feminine side a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Caskey View Post
    I randomly came across this in Boots yesterday. It's in no way as intense as the original at all, and probably nowhere near as strong either. Although I seemed to like it quite a lot more, seems more tame and much more wearable. I also thought it was kind of leaning to the feminine side a little.
    Sad news.

What a shame, i was expecting a bomb

I definitely wouldn't let it put you off giving it a sniff\wearing. It might not be like the original but it's still got some good longetivity and projection about it, plus it's good if you don't want to nuke everyone around you. I still liked it on first sniff and wearing, good enough to probably buy a bottle, for the right price.

When Joop first came out the company released a body cream, and that's what i got when i tried joop wild. it's like a cousin. Different from the original but from the same family

Just bought this today. I had a £10 Debenhams voucher as a gift from my phone network so used it on this. It's not bad. Reminds me of Spicebomb a little bit.

You are all peaking big interest on this for me. I know it will never compare to the original heck no other men's fragrance would dare to rival Joop Homme.

Sad news!
    Why the "wild" if it isn´t wilder than the real one!?!?

Like I said, Wolfgang is just awesome in finding the most stupid names .

Quote Originally Posted by nonsisa View Post
    Like I said, Wolfgang is just awesome in finding the most stupid names .
    Wolfgang has nothing to do with the Company he sold the Joop name years ago. I do agree the names and scents have since gone down hill.

According to Joop's website it's launch date is September 19th, 2012

http://www.joophommewild.com/

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a winner. Hope that it holds true to its name.

How many Joops is there now?

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    According to Joop's website it's launch date is September 19th, 2012

http://www.joophommewild.com/
    That crappy teen ad campaign matchs the bottle design perfectly.

I read on a review on fragrantica that this apparently smells like Pure Malt/Havane/One Million? Any truth behind this? Cant wait till I get a chance to sample.

- - - Updated - - -

Sniffed this today at Westfields, Smells nothing like what was described in the review I mentioned, Miles away from havane and 1 million but I can see a slight slight almost nil similarity to PM, In the way its boozy notes come off, Initial smell is very pleasant but somewhat similar to something else which I cant put my thumb on.. Could see this as a casual night out smell, And can tell it'll be a hit with the ladies. Longevity.. I sprayed it onto my wrist at one shop, And at another store on the top of my hand about half an hour later + on a test strip.. 3 hours on, The smell on my wrist is nearly gone and on my hand is very close to the skin, Test strip is still really strong, That said I had two little sprays on each my hand and my wrist. Will order a sample so I can really spend some time with it, But the way things are looking I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this. As with alot of the joop range here in the UK I sense this'll be a lot more cheaper in a few months, Going to hold off till it drops a bit more. Go out and sniff it guys!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also deep in the dry down it gives off a similar smell to the original joops dry down, Doesn't have the beast mode projection or longevity unfortunately.

Tried this today.

Actually the longevity is fairly good (around 7 hours), and there is a Joop-esque projection. Probably not as nuclear as the standard Joop Homme, but nevertheless potent enough.

Opens up with Rum and then slowly you get a woody concoction with soft pepper accents. I also get a slight creamy white floral note, but it's not feminine or too pronounced.

It will be a typical night-out scent for the younger crowd looking to change their fragrance order a bit (1 Million and the likes).

But being honest, out of 10, this gets a good 7 actually.

I tried this today and I like it because it's slightly fresh and for some reason I got a mild coconutty cream smell. We shall see how this continues!

Awesome scent. Opens with grapefruit and blackcurrant - the blackcurrant is VERY similar to Enchanted Forest (the new frag released by Fragrantica) and the grapefruit is like that of Antidote (which in turn is similar to the grapefruit note in the opening of I Am King, actually). This fades into a dark cherry/rum/light tobacco heart, with a hint of that 1 Million leather/suede note. There's a candy quality to it, yes, but also a masculine woodiness and spiciness. MUCH better than 1 Million. A hint of a cough drop note to the cherry, too (like in Pure Havane), but done in a very pleasant way.

The late drydown on me is all a light white leather/suede accord - the same leather note as featured in Bond Washington Square and Brooklyn.

A very nice, fun and playful scent with a nice balance of masculine and feminine qualities.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I've posted elsewhere here that I'm not wild about it.
    But regardless, I have been wearing it quite a bit lately.
    It is something quite different to anything else I own, and it lasts . Such scents always grab my interest.
    And it's nothing like Spicebomb, 1 Million etc. unless the attribute of being sweet suffices for the comparison to them.
    And it's not much like Joop Homme either. My wife can't stand me wearing the latter, but doesn't complain about my wearing Joop Homme Wild.
    Regards,
    Renato

While I don't think it's like 1 Million as a whole, it does share one prominent aromachemical with it. The sweet suede note. I'm almost 100% sure it's the same chemical (or accord), but here it is done much much better, as there are many more elements to offset the sweetness.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sample Alert