Code of Conduct

Default Le Labo Santel 33

Hey guys, I recevied a sample of this item today at work and I had to have a quick spray to the top of the hand to try it out. I've heard so many things about this and always wanted to get my nose on this one. Right away i get this strong almost bug spray accord but that appears to go away quickly, and then the scent comes over extremely smooth and pleasant.

I 'm not the best at picking notes apart, but i can smell the woods and a touch of leather, but there is also something that gives it a bit of a sweet undertone.

I'd love to hear from others who have this, what is the pefomrance like on this frag and the comments from others? From what i've read, a lot of people seem to have mixed reactions from others iwth this one.

It seems to come of a bit transparent, i can't smell it much from the one spray, however if i sniff my hand i can smell it clearly, sit closer to the skin?

Default Re: Le Labo Santel 33

I love it. It has great lasting power and amazing projection on my skin. Also got quite a few compliments...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I love it. It has great lasting power and amazing projection on my skin. Also got quite a few compliments...
    I have to admit, i am loooving this stuff so far!! Intoxicating juice...very mysterious and a slight masculine edge to it as well..

Banned

Santal 33 by Le Labo - One is initially treated to a somewhat rugged duo of Australian sandalwood and Russian leather. The sandalwood infuses its camphoraceous woodiness and slight nuttiness, and interplays with the saddle leather with its inherent smokiness. A faintly turpentinic element presents. Transitioning to the awaiting middle, mildly spicy cardamom infuses the spaghetti western blend with its aromatic, slightly sweet and nutty facets. A woody, violet-like iris also presents. And papyrus, with its withered grassy and light wood facets, serve as a undertone for the sweetening brew. Segueing to the waiting base, Virginia cedar, with its buttery, sweetly fresh, pencil shavings aspects, commingles with a candy-like violet. Magical ambrox imparts its velvety waves of ambergris and musk. A near saccharine drydown ensues. This high-quality composition has average, radiating projection and very good longevity. Albeit the base borders on being too sweet and artifical, I must respect the other stages of development. Resultantly, I am giving this an unenthusiastic "Thumbs Up" rating.

I like it, but not as much as Santal Massoia. Unfortunately the Hermes has quite the longevity issue.

Incredible longevity on me and I find it to be quite masculine. It's a scent that I wear to see mates at the pub- that kind of thing. It's wonderful all year round. Just don't over apply.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the projection on this one is a bit tricky, I went ahead and put a few sprays on the forearm and at times I can't detect it at all and then ill get a whiff of it. I can see how it may be easy to over apply if you arent careful

Basenotes Institution

A little goes a LONG way, this stuff is insane.

I only wear it when I know I'm going to be cool (inside, A/C). Also, I think I 'get' the sandalwood from it, but (like many of the Le Labo's that are sort of oddly named) it isn't just a sandalwood scent, I'd call it a fruity oriental.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I wore it from my decant today for the first time. Great longevity, 12 plus hours. Good projection.
    On me it smells almost pure sandalwood and woods, actually it smells like a new wardrobe, ahahha.

I'm not sure If there's a note in here my nose is blocking but I'm having trouble detecting it but when I sniff my forearm I can pick it ip from up close. I really like this so I hope this isn't the case, I don't think applying more is the solutions with this one from what everyone is saying lol.

I need to give it a full wearing to judge .

It's from a le labo sample spray, so maybe I'm not applying a normal amount

This is a strong fragrance PP- I'll bet you're experiencing nose fatigue. I also detect a very small amount of eucalyptus in this fragrance which gives it a pretty unique feel. Dollars&Scents is spot on when he says "its camphoraceous woodiness".

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coincidentally this is my SotD and it projects very well.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    This is a strong fragrance PP- I'll bet you're experiencing nose fatigue. I also detect a very small amount of eucalyptus in this fragrance which gives it a pretty unique feel. Dollars&Scents is spot on when he says "its camphoraceous woodiness".
    Yea I think you're right, I will give this a full wearing tomorrow most likely to work. Not sure if it's great for office but I'll keep it at 2 sprays max

Very good stuff. Smells great, projects, and lasts forever. Also received a few positive comments without asking anybody's opinion.

I got told it smelled like bug spray when I was wearing my sample by more than one person.

Perhaps I over-applied or maybe it doesn't work with my skin. In any case no good reactions for me with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    I got told it smelled like bug spray when I was wearing my sample by more than one person.

Perhaps I over-applied or maybe it doesn't work with my skin. In any case no good reactions for me with this one.
    It can be a challenging scent Laph. My wife doesn't like it at all and I'm still not completely sure I can pull this one off. I wear it when I want to 'butch' up!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    It can be a challenging scent Laph. My wife doesn't like it at all and I'm still not completely sure I can pull this one off. I wear it when I want to 'butch' up!!! LOL
    I wonder if it smells good up close but has poor smelling sillage? Then again others are getting compliments. I find it confusing. I've not had this issue with any other fragrances.

Have you tried it recently in the cooler weather? I wonder if the heat makes it a bit too much?

k, can't do it - all out now.

persianprince, to answer your q - yes the official LeLabo samples don't spray much at all so you light like to apply a little more. It is very strong and has great longevity so be careful.