Code of Conduct

Default Pricing A 'Vintage' Perfume: Chanel Antaeus

Hello,

I have been seeking a vintage bottle of Chanel Antaeus, and found a chap with a used 50ml bottle (ostensibly with 95% of the juice remaining), claiming a reasonable purchase price would be $140.

I am not an expert on pricing vintage perfume, or pre-reformulation perfume. I am aware these perfumes are less widely available and it is expected they will more expensive to purchsase. However I am not sure if this asking price is reasonable or not.

If someone can assist me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Warm Regards,

Mike

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pricing A 'Vintage' Perfume: Chanel Antaeus

If I love Chanel Antaeus and looking to buy a vintage for personal use rather than profit from its future sale, & can assess with reasonable certainty that it is in fact a vintage from the 1980s, I'd say $140 for 95% full is an amount I feel comfortable parting with. But do ask about its history and storage condition, and request a moneyback guarantee if you find something seriously questionable about its vintage or quality.

In the mean time, check out those garage/yard sales. You never know what you might find!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    If I love Chanel Antaeus and looking to buy a vintage for personal use rather than profit from its future sale, & can assess with reasonable certainty that it is in fact a vintage from the 1980s, I'd say $140 for 95% full is an amount I feel comfortable parting with. But do ask about its history and storage condition, and request a moneyback guarantee if you find something seriously questionable about its vintage or quality.
    Sound advice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post

In the mean time, check out those garage/yard sales. You never know what you might find!
    Agreed. $140.00 is an acceptable price. Keep in mind there is always a risk with vintage juices of the fragrance being spoiled. I bought Patou Pour Homme four times before finding a 'perfect' bottle with the top notes still intact.

Antaeus comes in extermely dark bottles which are the best way to preserve the juice. Look for a spray bottle and you are good to go, even without a box.

Post Thanks / Like

The most I spent on an full bottle of vintage Antaeus was 77 and it was well worth it! You can get them for even less and I bought a 50ml bottle of the vintage juice for 23 once and bizarrely sold the EMPTY bottle to a chap in Switzerland for 24!! Very odd.

So, Mike84, where are buying this bottle from, out of curiosity?