Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    queen of the universe

Default SOTD, Thursday, 21 june 2012

Wowie, I'm starting this. It's almost 3 am here, and I just got up from what must have been a veryveryvery needed afternoon nap.

After weeks of sampling, I'm back to my own wardrobe, and about to go back to bed wrapped in the coriander-ed comfort of Nocturnes de Caron.

What to wear to Avenue Q this evening? I'll sleep on it (;

Belle jeudi to all.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Default Re: SOTD, Thursday, 21 june 2012

Good morning!
    .Lanc˘me ~ Hypn˘se Homme...

It's 'chicken day' again... so, Jicky pour moi

Larimar, I'm not surprised at all. Our Jicky Gentlemen.

Laboratorio Olfattivo Alambar for me today. Oh, I smell like a yummy vanilla & cinnamon cookie, yum!

The rain and the cold from yesterday continues...

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Solstice !

Happy 'Chicken Day' also to Larimar.

No.5 EdP
    for me today. On an aldehyde kick

Best to all.

Hello everyone.

I am wearing Santal 33 today.

for swap/sale:

Sampling Eau De Charlotte by Annick Goutal. I actually like this Goutal a bit! pretty.

Really has a lemony, yellow opening to it, is that lemon? The fresh floral, lemony+cocoa reminds me of Covet by SJP. I like the Goutal more than the Covet though.

Btw, what's chicken day?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Btw, what's chicken day?
    That means that Larimar is wearing his favourite Guerlain Jicky. Larimar's signature is "Chic in Jicky" and Gandhajala used to read it as "Chicken Jicky"at the beginning so the "Chicken day" was born Funny, right?

Ahhh, I seee! Well, happy chicken day! Lol. I didn't read the sig, I would have probably figured it out, lol.

I was thinking maybe he wore Jicky when eating chicken nuggets? I thought, is there some weird pairing with chicken and Jicky? Like a wine and cheese pairing thing. Lol! That was my first thought. I finally sniffed Jicky not too long ago..I have no idea where though! But, I was like..mmm, not bad but why while eating chicken? Lol. I like hot mustard sauce with my nuggets.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

vintage EDT ....

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Looks like the solstice is bringing gales, rain, and a thorough soaking for the Stonehenge posse.

SotD is Xerjoff Uden.

Chicken McNuggets ?

Be warned - this is what overspraying Jicky can do to you. (Larimar this morning)

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Be warned - this is what overspraying Jicky can do to you. (Larimar this morning)

You know, Jon, I can't do that much red lipstick...

As for chicken/poultry - I have an inborn disgust for its meat in every form. So, thanks for the nuggets - you can all indulge yourself in my name!

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    That means that Larimar is wearing his favourite Guerlain Jicky. Larimar's signature is "Chic in Jicky" and Gandhajala used to read it as "Chicken Jicky"at the beginning so the "Chicken day" was born Funny, right?
    You are such a nice guy, lucasai! It's time we 'baptized' you properly in Jicky... black ceremony of course. Right, Jicky G.?

That clown always freaked me out! Lol!

What's freaky is..ok, my husband and I were driving around..and we see this house, a large, nice house, big yard and there's a vintage-y, white bench outside. And guess what life-size persona they have sitting on the bench? That creepy clown! SO weird, like there's just this bench with a RM on it. No other signs that children might live there..maybe I don't recall but why a life-size RM on a bench. It looked like something ripped right off a McDs. Plastic, waxy looking, creepy! If I see it again, I will take a pic. Weird, random and funny.

Montale Taj

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    You are such a nice guy, lucasai! It's time we 'baptized' you properly in Jicky... black ceremony of course. Right, Jicky G.?
    Larimar I tell you something. I've never tried Jicky, really! Please, don't beat me because of that, pretty please

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Larimar I tell you something. I've never tried Jicky, really! Please, don't beat me because of that, pretty please
    So, we need to do something about this.... tztztztztzzzzzz!

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Kerosene Whips & Roses.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Another sneaky lunchtime call in from work

Today is a luscious Chanel Cuir de Russie day. Blissful saddles and bonfires

Jolie madame, still trying to get this. I *thought* I loved leather, but to me this one is actually very sharp. I got sour, lemon, dry mossy leaves at first, but today I got something slightly more sweet and the violets I completely missed at first.
    Maybe I'll keep the bottle anyway

Good morning, all!

I *was* in A Men Pure Shot, which I loved the last time I wore it, but it seemed so screechy that I had to wash it off. (Of course, it wouldn't be washed. Sigh.) I'm waiting for it to wear off a bit, and then I will wear Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete. I'm looking forward to its roundedness after this screaming thing. Oy.

Wishing all a good day. :-)

Odd imagery today! Ronald McDonald, chicken nuggets, whips & roses...what next?

Happy Soltice!

It's is supposed to be in the very high 90s F today. HOT! So far, it's Givenchy Les Parfums Mystiques' Eau de Givenchy for me.

Have a great Thursday, all.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD, Thursday, 21 june 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Tubereuse 3

Thanks goodness the East Coast is baking in our weather today, and we are enjoying this cool spell from Kiliwia. You Easterners please stay where it is ACed and drink a lot of water -- with high humidity and sweating all the time it is hard to think, I know.

Cristobal by Balenciaga, a sweet fig and iced woods, a girl can dream!

Affirmative, L.
    A sort of rite-of-passage

I've not met anyone who admits to liking clowns. They're creepy!
    Do happy

Lol-ing at Chicken Jicky since yesterday! An ill-conceived chicken dish with lavender and vanilla- yuck!

Yes, guys- please initiate lucasai! You'll never see lavender the same way again, l. Jicky will beat that Demeter Lavender I sent to the ground and have it begging for mercy!

Coco Mademoiselle EDT today. Love you all, so funny and smart, plus you always smell good. Have a great day gang!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 21st June 2012 at 01:05 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Good morning everyone Today the bf comes home again. Looking forward to it! He was home briefly from tuesday wednesday,but had to leave for a meeting at Karls°y yesyerday again Well, at least later he'll be home fr a while and the Antibiotics seems to work, so things are looking brighter Sotdwise I'm very tempted to join Alityke in Cuir de russie,but also in the mood for #88. Will see after my shower what I end up with.

Sampling Christian Dior Grand Bal on my right wrist.

Off to Paris for the weekend. Can't wait to visit all my favourite perfume stores!
    Do happy

Basenotes Institution

Vetiver (vintage Eau de Cologne) + After Shave Balm by Guerlain

Everyone's in a punchy mood today, eh?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

SotD is Ralph Lauren Blue.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 21st June 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

We are grateful for our AC again today! Our cool weather is still on the way.

Today I'm wearing Fleur de ThÚ Rose Bulgare

Basenotes Plus

Stultifyingly hot and humid and the mercury is expected to climb to 100F by the afternoon. I am wearing a few dabs of Egyptian Goddess, it's about all I could stomach today.

Stay cool and hydrated, fellow heat afflicted friends and best to all xo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

I think it's about time he took the plunge. A word of advice though, Lucasai - Jicky is potent stuff and a couple of sprays can make you completely irresistable.

Basenotes Institution

Huh - couldn't connect for about 5 mins and my post has gone AWOL.

Anyway , you all smell very good today and I want to smell all of you ,one by one.

This morning I am sampling Calypso by Robert Piguet thanks to the lovely Cacio . He really is lovely BTW.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thanks for advice Jon! I never tend to overdo with fragrances. And there are no chickens nearby to chase me.

We're having kind of POULTRY THURSDAY today, don't we??

Burberry original.

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Huh - couldn't connect for about 5 mins and my post has gone AWOL.

Anyway , you all smell very good today and I want to smell all of you ,one by one.

This morning I am sampling Calypso by Robert Piguet thanks to the lovely Cacio . He really is lovely BTW.
    Agree. Cacio has both taste and generosity.

re: chicken day—I thought it was as in "what's for dinner?" "Chicken." The person preparing (wearing) thinks, "Ah! Versatile!", while those on the receiving might mutter "Oh, not that again!" Never mind; the cook is always right (;

Well, testing Musc Rav by Malle today...I was wondering what my hubby would think..so I am like..'what do you think of THIS one?!' After I had been sniffing it happily for over an hour. He grunted..I said, 'you don't like it?' He grunted again..now mind you he's not into scents like I am. After that second grunt, he's like..'is that cinnamon in there?'. I was like, ya..he's like, 'it smells like cinnamon and road kill'. . He was kind of joking but kind of serious at the same time. I felt like Mario dying in Super Mario Bros. Oh well, lol..at least he loves Lipstick Rose..we agree on that one!.

I gotta admit, I kinda wish the cinnamon was toned down a bit in the Rav, just as I don't like too much cinnamon in my fumes. A little is fine for my taste..a lot is not really my thing. Feel the same way with Spicebomb...way too much cinnamon in that one for me. But the Rav is nice.
    Last edited by kalli; 21st June 2012 at 05:08 PM.

ladymurasaki, have a wonderful time in Paris!
    I see our boys are acting up again - and we would not have it any other way

Hermes Hiris keeping me calm and cool in this 100F heat, and wind here.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir.

Ladymurasaki, your Paris trip sounds wonderful - enjoy !

Jujy54, that’s cute! ^^^

Ineespenes, I’m glad you’re feeling better.

Ladymurasaki, I hope you have a great time in Paris! Please tell us about your trip when you get back so we can enjoy the vicarious thrill.

Cacio also makes great fragrance recommendations.

Kalli, don’t feel like you’re alone. My husband doesn’t share my enthusiasm either.

Estee Lauder Pure White Linen this afternoon to beat the heat. It’s the first time I’ve worn this in ages, and it still pleases me. It holds up very well, too.

Lol..he's great, he totally supports my obsession with fumes, he's into it a little bit..we just don't always agree on the same ones. I should have known, lol, I know my hubs doesn't like cinnamon in any way, shape or form. Totally forgot about that, lol. It makes sense now.

Good Evening,

Thanks for the laughs today, gang. This thread certainly kept me amused.
    Jon - Hitchcock has nothing on that vid !
    LadyM - Have a fab time in Paris - and let us know what you bring back.

SotE is Mouchoir de Monsieur.

Best to all.

G wave that fragrant hanky this way will you? Ssnniiifffffff

Ladym well jel of Parisian jaunt

May I sing "I feel like chicken tonight, Jicky tonight" from the corny TV advert
    Last edited by Alityke; 21st June 2012 at 06:30 PM.

Layered Serge Lutens Santal Blanc with a teeny bit of Parfum d'Empire Aziyade.... YUM! On my skin the Aziyade smells of little to no cumin, and simply reminds me of Arab cola-sweets I used to eat when I was little. The Santal Blanc has a note that is similar to that, but fleeting, so I decided to strengthen it a bit. I could eat myself if I was a cannibal and had nothing to live for!

santal+blanc+serge+lutens+bell+jar+paris+exclusive+bottle.jpg+ 10907_300x300.jpg
    Last edited by zubi; 21st June 2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

'it smells like cinnamon and road kill'..
    (EDIT: Non-perfumista) Men have a way with words.

My bf's first sniff of Santal Blanc was "smells like fermented eggplant", though he agreed with my (and Robin's from NST) comment that the drydown is a very nice pencil.
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

Jo Malone Red Roses.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Aqua Universalis by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

@JonRodgers, LOL! we keep a few chickens and one thing I've noticed is if you run toward them, they scatter; but if you run away from them they run after you like their little lives depend on it.

Today in the slam-dunk combo of the Body Shop mango lotion and the Mure Et Musc Extreme.

I am hoping that my man's newfound love for the Mure Et Musc Extreme will incent him to employment so that he can buy me a replacement, it's almost gone! As previously noted, I have had to revise my assessment of the MME, it still smells like kindergarten teacher safe perfume to me but apparently it either smells different to men, or it smells the same but they find it sexy. I have lately gotten oddly strong reactions to this, all positive but some a little improper

No. 5 edt vintage

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    May I sing "I feel like chicken tonight, Jicky tonight" from the corny TV advert
    Ha ! I remember that advert- I used to annoy my ex by singing it . *LOL* Got to flap my arms like a chicken too .

Lady M - have a wonderful trip to Pareeeee !

This afternoon I am wearing the truly lovely Sage Moonstone oil which is gardenia par excellence .It really captures the scent of ripe blooming gardenia in the breeze of the afternoon. Truly it's the best- surpasses Kai and anything else dressed up as gardenia.

Basenotes Plus

Hope you have a wonderful time, LadyMurasaki!!

Thinking of all the flood victims in Duluth MN today.

SotE Chanel 31 Rue Cambon.

Mimi, I will give Sage Moonstone oil a try. That's high gardenia praise, coming from you.

I'm wearing a dab of wonderful, vintage Y parfum.

Hello, Y'all.

Just returned from North Carolina,(where I did not take anything with me frag=wise except Eau d'Hadrian) and am wearing Vetiver by Carven for the evening.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Mimi, I will give Sage Moonstone oil a try. That's high gardenia praise, coming from you.

I'm wearing a dab of wonderful, vintage Y parfum.
    It's good stuff, lilybelle -a tad short wearing but worth it for that gardenia.

This evening , I doused myself in Peche Cardinal . It's so weird how one grows used to the coconut note. Now it's barely perceptible to me - just a peachy drink.
    I'm probably killing everyone around me and not knowing it ................

summer means fireflys

That clown always freaked me out! Lol!

What's freaky is..ok, my husband and I were driving around..and we see this house, a large, nice house, big yard and there's a vintage-y, white bench outside. And guess what life-size persona they have sitting on the bench? That creepy clown! SO weird, like there's just this bench with a RM on it. No other signs that children might live there..maybe I don't recall but why a life-size RM on a bench. It looked like something ripped right off a McDs. Plastic, waxy looking, creepy! If I see it again, I will take a pic. Weird, random and funny.
    Is it near a hospital? It could be a Ronald McDonald House ... a wonderful place that helps sick kids and their families. At my old hospital, the RMH had a large Ronald outside.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Paul & Joe Bleu today.

Hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu