Code of Conduct

Question Czech & speake,( c&s) london ,launched their vetiver...any ifo about it ???

I read only today that C&S launched a fragance : " VETIVER.
    Considering the good quality of their fragances ( only Luca Turin does not like them ) underated, I would like to buy Vetiver.
    I have them all.
    CUBA and 88 are my preferred.
    Do you know anything about it ???
    tks
    al

Banned

Default Re: Czech & speake,( c&s) london ,launched their vetiver...any ifo about it ???

http://www.czechandspeake.com/Aromatics/Vetiver/2739

Knowing nothing more so far; but very interesting and welcome. Hopefully good!
    Some threads already exist here, it has been tried by some basenoters towards end of 2011 and many found it aggreable/good though not particularly "vetivery". Seems that the discussion about it has died since then.
    Last edited by Candide; 14th July 2012 at 09:04 AM.

Default Re: Czech & speake,( c&s) london ,launched their vetiver...any ifo about it ???

I have a sample. It's powerful, and I get a resiny incense type note from it, with a "mustiness" scent - it makes me think of old museums and old libraries.

It leaves me in two minds - I really like it, but I don't want to smell like it, if that makes any sense.
    Alan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oscroft View Post
    I have a sample. It's powerful [...]
    My mistrust against samples has considerably grown over the years. I wish someone could confirm the power you mentioned from the full-bottle-experience.

I have a sample and have reviewed it some time ago, heres my take on it:

Well it opens with a blast of citrus of bergamot and mandarin and it feels very green. What I really like is the incense resin smell that it develops along with a sweet Sandalwood after the topnotes fade. The vetiver note is small and mixed in with the laurel and the sandalwood.

This will not wow anyone as it is a gentlemens scent and almost a type of barbershop fragrance. Those looking for a killer vetiver fragrance will be disappointed.

But I like it mainly due to the resinous and it does smell like incense resin feel underneath the citrus opening. The Sandalwood,vetiver, galbanum and laurel mix smells really nice on my skin and the longer I wear it the more I like it.