Code of Conduct

Default Recommended fragrances: Midnight in Paris, Pure Malt, Allure Pour Homme , Spicebomb. What else

I have been collecting for a few years now and after trial and error and wasting money. I have worked out that I and the people around me all love sweet scents. My favourites are the following:

1. Midnight in Paris Van Cleef & Arpels
    2. Pure Malt
    3. Spicebomb Viktor & Rolf
    4. Allure Pour Homme Chanel
    5. Armani Code
    6. La Nuit de l`Homme

Notes I love!
    Tonka Bean
    Almond
    Benzoin
    Vanilla
    Leather
    Bergamot
    Cinnamon
    Sandalwood

Other fragrances I am keeping:
    1. YSL L'Homme
    2. Chanel Egoiste Platinum
    3. Dior homme
    4. Love and luck
    5. Gucci Pour Homme 2
    6. HM Hanae Mori
    7. CK Obsession
    8. 1 million

Similar fragrances I had:
    1. Rochas Men
    2. Bvgari Black
    3. Lolita Lempika
    4. Body Kouros
    5. A*Men Pure Havane
    6. Individuel Mont Blanc
    7. Armani Attitude
    8. Burberry London
    9. Boss Bottled
    10. Arminai Diamonds
    11. Paco Rabanne Black XS
    12. John Varvatos John Varvatos
    13. Givenchy PI
    14. Cool Water
    15. The Dreamer

What can anyone recommend me from what I currently like and my favourite notes??
    Thanks in advanced!!!

Last edited by Pure_Dreamer; 21st June 2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Top Fragrances

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. Midnight in Paris
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt

Default Re: Recommended fragrances: Midnight in Paris, Pure Malt, Allure Pour Homme , Spicebomb. What else

New Haarlem
    Tobacco Vanille
    Coromandel
    Pure Havane
    Musc Ravaguer
    Patchouli 24
    Bvlgari Black

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Recommended fragrances: Midnight in Paris, Pure Malt, Allure Pour Homme , Spicebomb. What else

Midnight in Paris Van Cleef & Arpels - buy Bulgari Black instead
    Allure Pour Homme Chanel - not recommended
    Spicebomb Viktor & Rolf - recommended
    La Nuit de l`Homme - not recommended
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    New Haarlem
    Tobacco Vanille
    100% Agree a bit expensive for me ATM but one day I will....
    Top Fragrances

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. Midnight in Paris
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt

CK Shock

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    CK Shock
    Thanks this is 'Shockingly' nice considering the bottle and the house....
    Top Fragrances

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. Midnight in Paris
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    CK Shock
    +1. Don't let this CK flanker go by without sampling. Very surprising.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Bogart Pour Homme
    Versace Blue Jeans
    and maybe just maybe Boss No. One

Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    Agreed.

Tonka Imperiale

Ambre Narguile

To the OP: Love your top 6 favorites - all good ones IMO.

Bogart pour Homme
    Dior Ambre Nuit
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Blog Entries

Also try L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme (EDT or EDP) and Allure Home Sport Eau Extreme by Chanel. The latter has a dominant Tonka Bean note that reminds me of L'Homme YSL.

Hermessence Vetiver Tonka
    Spititueuse Double Vanille
    L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme
    Givenchy Play Intense
    Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    A*Men

Inexpensive: Ignition by Lomani, Carlos Santana, Michael Jordan Legend
    Moderate: Eau de Baux by L'Occitane, Ferragamo F Black
    Higher End: Jaipur by Boucheron

joop,
    hugo boss aqua elements,
    maybe l'eue d'issey miyake

I think you would enjoy Hypnotic Poison. Very well done almond.
    Also try:
    Back to Black
    Musc Maori
    Aomassi
    Chergui
    Mandorla di Sicilia

Banned

Try:

Black Soul by Ted Lapidus - Upon application, one is treated to a pleasing blend from the interplay of a bittersweet and peppery bergamot, a crisp and fresh, lemon blossom, a spicy cardamon, a slightly indolic neroli and a refreshing mint. Consequently, an all-too-familiar, sweet and spicy, bubble-gum smell materializes and wafts to the waiting heart. Here, in the middle, the bubble-gum-ish opening is immersed in an enveloping bath of fruity, medjool dates and raisins, sweetly warm and earthy cinnamon, and a hay-like and slightly honeyed floral from saffron. Transitioning to the alluring base, Chinese cedarwood imparts its camphoraceous, pencil shaving scent, while tolu balsam infuses its balsamic and cinnamic facets. A sweet and airy woodiness from gaiacwood also presents. Ambrocenide contributes its amber-like, woody character, while musk diffuses its soft and sweetly clean nuances. A comforting drydown ensues. This masculine, refined composition has average projection and average longevity, lasting about 8 hours.

&

Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta - Upon application, one is treated to a gust of freshness supplied by the orangey and peppery bergamot marrying with the sweetly fruity and spicy, pink pepper. Transitioning to the middle, a green, indolic, orange blossom-like jasmine encases the fresh opening. And, a subtle, Spanish leather reminiscent of a satchel with a suede interior infuses the floral jasmine, with its essences of generic herbs, fruits and flowers. Plums and apricots dart here and there, while an earthy and woody patchouli tempers the fruitiness and sweetness. A faint and errant aroma of nail polish remover can also be sensed. Segueing to the alluring base, a somewhat bitter and green oakmoss imparts its foresty and dark facets. A faintly burnt-sugar aspect from benzoin presents, resulting in a slightly powdery and caramel character, while a woody vanilla flitters about. The patchouli has come into its own with its greenness and woodiness enhancing a nutty nuance. An entrancing drydown ensues. This well-blended and balanced composition epitomizes understated elegance, and is basically a skin scent with good longevity, 8+ hours. Albeit tettering on the feminine side, this beautiful scent can be enjoyed and worn by the genteel members of both sexes.

So is the "Similar fragrances I had" list a list of scents you did not like so much and got rid of?

Hypn˘se Homme by Lancome is a great sweet fragrance. It's warm and has a sweet feel to it similar to the dry down of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. It is not a gourmand, however. It is simply well blended and very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Agreed.
    Add one more to the tally. If the OP were in the US he could find a 6.7 oz bottle at TJ Maxx for $30 right now.

Aquolina Blue Sugar
    Jacques Fath Pour L`Homme
    Ultrared Men Paco Rabanne
    Imperial Opoponax Les Nereides
    Potion DSQUARED▓
    Roma per Uomo Laura Biagiotti
    Meharees L`Erbolario
    Lomani Essential

let me know if i was right with one of my recommendations
    My astonishing Top 10 fragrances :

1. Hombre by Victorio & Lucchino
    2. Antidote Viktor&Rolf
    3. Pure Havane Thierry Mugler
    4. Ambre Baldessarini
    5. Pure Malt Thierry Mugler
    6. Ultrared Men Paco Rabanne
    7. Jacques Fath pour L`Homme
    8. Silver Scent Jacques Bogart
    9. Chastity Men Rasasi
    10. Blue Sugar Aquolina

Seconds on Linstant Extreme and especially Ambre Nuit.

For what it's worth this is the very first time I see Petruccijc mis-replying to a thread
    Smellin good

One of the best sweet scents I've come across ever is Aigner Black. Highly recommended.