Code of Conduct

Default Jardin d'Amalfi (Creed finally won me over... almost) appreciation thread(?)

I posted a thread a while ago about how I have never really been able to get into Creed. I like some of the Grey tops and GIT but most of their more modern releases aren't to my taste and are hideously overpriced etc etc.

I've been sniffing out their lesser known gems recently (going on many helpful Basenoter's recommendations) and enjoyed them a lot. So I am developing an appreciation for Creed, even if I still their prices/marketing bullshit are monstrous.

However today I finally sampled Jardin d'Amalfi, and it's really given me new found respect for Creed. I haven't found most of their other perfumes to be as natural as they claim, and because anything relating to Amalfi and the Amalfi coast just literally has me salivating (I've been there a few times and love it) I was kinda expecting to be disappointed by JdA.

Holy shit was I wrong. What I think I love about this is that it's not instantly recognizable as a Creed, and that it's soooooo damn natural smelling. I finally found a Creed which I can say smells as costly as the house's claims might suggest it should be. It really does smell exactly like Positano lemons and Amalfi figs and mountain herbs and sea air and all the lovely things that make the Costiera Amalfitana so magical.

Now if this perfume were priced at something just above Aventus prices I could understand it, I would actually pay that with glee right now. However 30ml of this is 160 euro! The flacon is bizarre prices.

So having discovered the one Creed I really really love I'm once again confronted with one of the reasons I find Creed so bastard annoying.

Does anyone else love Jardin d'Amalfi? What are your thoughts about this frag? Does it appear on Grey-Market outlets ever?

Default Re: Jardin d'Amalfi (Creed finally won me over... almost) appreciation thread(?)

I really like it...on my wife. A bit too feminine for me. I agree that the price is outrageous, probably best to get in on one of the splits.

Default Re: Jardin d'Amalfi (Creed finally won me over... almost) appreciation thread(?)

I don't find it feminine at all really, it seems fairly unisex to me...in fact the only reviews I've seen of it seem to be male orientated... but yeah I can see how it would smell nice on a woman, because it would smell nice on anyone of any sex.

I bought this on the spot at Neiman's in Vegas this April and absolutely love the way it wears on my skin. I'm baffled by the people who say this is feminine. I'm possibly the most "anti-feminine" scent guy here on BN and hate anything that's even close to girly. This is just a clean, fresh scent that is the best example of "unisex" I've ever tried. Met some people for dinner a few nights ago and was wearing this when a female friend gave me a hug hello and says "Holy sh*t! You smell incredible!"

Funny I was staying at the Wynn and was really just walking across the street to try the "Original Cologne" from this exclusive Creed line. I thought OC SUCKED but the sales associate said to me that Jardin D'Amalfi was her best selling men's fragrance from this line. I never heard of it but said to myself (yeah, right) but before I knew it, $600 + bucks (with tax) flying off my credit card. I don't regret it at all though. This is possibly the closest thing I have in my collection to a "holy grail" scent.

Basenotes Plus

I had my first experience with this one when I was up in New York in March at Bergdorf's. This is definitely one of the few that both my GF and myself can share. The only thing that made me not purchase was the $575.00. Granted, it is an 8.4-oz. Flacon, darn, it was expensive.

I am not sure this one will make it to the grey market, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    I bought this on the spot at Neiman's in Vegas this April and absolutely love the way it wears on my skin. I'm baffled by the people who say this is feminine. I'm possibly the most "anti-feminine" scent guy here on BN and hate anything that's even close to girly. This is just a clean, fresh scent that is the best example of "unisex" I've ever tried. Met some people for dinner a few nights ago and was wearing this when a female friend gave me a hug hello and says "Holy sh*t! You smell incredible!"

Funny I was staying at the Wynn and was really just walking across the street to try the "Original Cologne" from this exclusive Creed line. I thought OC SUCKED but the sales associate said to me that Jardin D'Amalfi was her best selling men's fragrance from this line. I never heard of it but said to myself (yeah, right) but before I knew it, $600 + bucks (with tax) flying off my credit card. I don't regret it at all though. This is possibly the closest thing I have in my collection to a "holy grail" scent.

Thank you! Yes it's just so fresh so clean and so natural smelling. It's also kind of a Holy Grail to me, I suppose I've been slowly groping towards this via various Acqua di Parma and a bunch of Hermes. I just never found anything that was as intense and as natural as Jd'A. I think it's like all my favourite Acqua di Parma and Hermes on steroids with this ineffable something in the later stages of the dry down which none of the others have.

Have to agree after a couple of sample wearings, im currently in line to get a 50ml decant when everything gets reserved.

I think this one could work well on both men and women.

Well I'm pretty certain it's marketed as unisex...

JdA is my favourite Creed, but I just cannot afford it as is. Perhaps a decant may help yet my wish is for Creed to sell them as part of the standard range (Aventus, MI etc). They could potentially make a killing because I also like Spice and Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster2010 View Post
    JdA is my favourite Creed, but I just cannot afford it as is. Perhaps a decant may help yet my wish is for Creed to sell them as part of the standard range (Aventus, MI etc). They could potentially make a killing because I also like Spice and Wood.
    +1 ... I honestly don't know why they don't do that. In addition to JdA and Spice & Wood, I'd like to see them also offer a 2.5 or 4 oz of Windsor.

Count yourself lucky. There's very few Creeds I don't like.