Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... who is the civietiest of them all?

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Joy
    Gosh, yes. The vintage parfum in particular was loaded with civet.

Try Tom Ford Urban Musk from his White Musk collection. I find it rather skanky and animalistic but at the same time sophisticated.

Beverly Hills by Gale Hayman. HUGE civet........ Read Foetidus´s review of this perfume in the basenotes fragrance directory.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Banned

(May I ask once more: Does Absolue pour le soir have a noticeable civet-component? Or is it rather subdued?)

Thank you guys for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    (May I ask once more: Does Absolue pour le soir have a noticeable civet-component? Or is it rather subdued?)
    I have a sample and its a dirty honeyed musk but I can not smell the civet unless its buried in there somewhere.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have a sample and its a dirty honeyed musk but I can not smell the civet unless its buried in there somewhere.
    Thank you.

And for a must try animalic cheapy - Commando by Smell Bent for a wonderful, sweet fecal musk.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Sometimes too much is just right!
    Need to test MKK again. Ive found that I cant trust my opinion from months ago.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Many great suggestions already.

If you do go to Paris, though, I second Larimar and suggest you stop at the JAR store and try Ferme tes yeux. I think it is unbalanced, but it is hard to beat in the direction. As all JARs, it is obscenely expensive, but smelling is free.

Reports are that current Joy is a clean rose soliflore with no civet, but I have not smelled it. The Patou store is right in front of JAR, so you can check that yourself too (and report, if you find out). For now, I keep checking on the vintage perfume on ebay (together with the equally civety vintage My Sin).

cacio

Lots of good suggestions here. For a fresh, almost ozonic civet/castoreum scent (yes, a weird combination but it works) please try the excellent Djin by Michael Storer.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of good suggestions here. For a fresh, almost ozonic civet/castoreum scent (yes, a weird combination but it works) please try the excellent Djin by Michael Storer.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Banned

Monsieur Carven by Craven

Dependent

Dig this thread!

Warning though. Untitled #8 is basically a civet accord, and that's it. The OP was asking for civet being accompanied by some supporting accords or other, and that's not it. But I enjoy using my 1ml sample to provide some more skank to a frag I feel needs depth and complexity.

Last edited by Snafoo; 25th June 2012 at 12:54 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Leather Oud too. Very animalic.
    for swap/sale:

Dependent

Got some Tabu on my arm now fresh from CVS, where the employee dropped the bottle on the floor. I can only imagine the hazmat guys required if it had broken. It's a "spray cologne" aka pressurized sprayer so it kicked out a LOT of juice on my arm! I probably had some insane sillage at Trader Joe's right afterward, with the disgustingly waxy-aldehydic (and not civetty) Tresor on the other arm. I can attest Tabu is very heavy on the civet, quite urinous.
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 25th June 2012 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Seems dirty but it is actually a raw honey scent. Not animalic civety at all.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Somebody's selling 4 ounce bottles of Jean Pascal for next to nothing on ebay now, for those who want the ultimate civet trip !

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Here are a bunch of successful civet bombs you might want to check...

Jicky
    Citrus Paradisi
    Gold Man
    Mouchoir De Monsieur
    Shalimar (pre LVMH)
    Bal A Versailles (EDC)
    Petroleum
    Leather Oud
    Intrigant Patchouli
    Ungaro II
    Rien
    MKK
    Revolution by Lisa Kirk
    Ahh Alfarom - always on the money

Revolution is great - thanks Laph for sharing a sample of that one!

Yep, Jean Pascal is one I'd vote for. I'm putting one up for auction soon.

Got to add Ungaro II and Andron as well as MKK and Monsieur Carven. MC is delicate though IMO
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wore Bal A Versailles today. When I first bought this I though it was quite skanky...now I feel it's simply a nice vanilla scent. I blame BN.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Seems dirty but it is actually a raw honey scent. Not animalic civety at all.
    Honey is very animalic to my nose. Not barnyardy like civet, but definitely urinous and warm-musky-salivic. I can recommend Pacifica brand raw organic honey from Whole Foods! The most animalic commerical honey I've come across. You can really smell the hive in it.

Civet bomb.

Bal a Versailles!!!

Don't know where to turn now
    So many perfumes, too little "time"!
    I'll be very busy in Paris
    Thanks

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    Civet bomb.

I get more cumin than civet from this one.

Not to forget:

Eau d'Hermès...

Of all Guerlain ... Who is the civietiest of them all?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by etoile View Post
    Of all Guerlain ... Who is the civietiest of them all?
    From those I have tried, definitely Jicky.