Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default youtube cologne reviewers

I like Robes08. His reviews can get long and ramble on, but I like how even though he owns hundreds of frags, and many of the expensive ones, he still appreciates the designers.

Twestcoff I like also. He is close to my age, being much younger than most people on here, it's glad to see how well cultured he is at frags.

Default Re: youtube cologne reviewers

I think The Fragrance Bros do very a good job, especially in their 2012 reviews. Katie Puckrik is also excellent. She's one of the few who know how to actually do a review. My only negative about her reviews is that they seem too positive. Most other youtube reviewers take several minutes before they even get around to the review, and then they ramble on and on.

THIS guy is hilarious (not in a good way). Ever wonder what it would be like to have the sports guy on the news do weather? Well, it would be kind of like this...
    http://youtu.be/fBdklJDt7ek?t=17s

Basenotes Member

swix, dan is one of the most respected reviewers on youtube. he has his own style for sure, but he has nothing but love and passion for fragrances and thats exactly what your seeing when he does his fragrance reviews.

I like Hiro. I know he's not incredibly popular on this forum, but I think he is a great entertainer and as I've said before, seems to present himself as a parody of himself. His reviews are blunt and heartfelt.

I also like Brandon, he got me into watching reviews on youtube and I enjoy the videos that he posts, even though they are few and far between these days. But hey, the guy's got a life and is under no obligation to give up his free time!

Hiro is the best
    Dan Mickers
    Cubby
    Al

All these guys above are passionate about fragrances and have positive energy. Some others are too analytical and serious for me.

The frustrating aspect of reviewing on Youtube is that is becomes about style over substance to a certain degree. I've done over 600 videos on my fragrance channel, and they are all uncut and done on webcam. This is not typical of most reviewers, but I lack the knowledge to do much more than that. Anyway, for me, I don't want fragrances that are gonna smell too "metro" or too animalic. I like honest opinions about fragrances from average joe-type noses. So, the best videos for my taste are from channels like Guinea54, TheSickman1977, and MyMickers to name a few. Also, there are many that feel that Youtubers are in this contest to see who can buy the most exclusive and expensive frags. I must admit, I have little interest in watching a lot of videos about expensive lines by houses like Le Labo and Xerjoff.

Give me my "Ash" and I'm happy!

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    The frustrating aspect of reviewing on Youtube is that is becomes about style over substance to a certain degree. I've done over 600 videos on my fragrance channel, and they are all uncut and done on webcam. This is not typical of most reviewers, but I lack the knowledge to do much more than that. Anyway, for me, I don't want fragrances that are gonna smell too "metro" or too animalic. I like honest opinions about fragrances from average joe-type noses. So, the best videos for my taste are from channels like Guinea54, TheSickman1977, and MyMickers to name a few. Also, there are many that feel that Youtubers are in this contest to see who can buy the most exclusive and expensive frags. I must admit, I have little interest in watching a lot of videos about expensive lines by houses like Le Labo and Xerjoff.

The problem I have with this is that it reads like a put-down of other reviewers whose interests or style are different to yours. I think the youtube reviewing community is a diverse and heterodox one. From what I can tell it's as diverse as its audience is. There's a review for every taste and probably style of reviewing to entertain everyone too.

I have to say I like watching reviews of things I would never usually consider wearing, or watching reviews delivered in a style which is refreshingly different in whatever way it happens to be unique. I don't necessarily always want to watch someone confirming my own tastes or delivering their opinions in ways I would find familiar, give me variety, show me something different and in a way I might not have expected to be entertained by.

Hey guys! I like robes08 cutlasssupremesl and tswetcoff! their reviews jus have good detail and they each have their own unique points on cologne! I just started my cologne review chanel! check it out! TeenFragHead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TeenFragHead View Post
    Hey guys! I like robes08 cutlasssupremesl and tswetcoff! their reviews jus have good detail and they each have their own unique points on cologne! I just started my cologne review chanel! check it out! TeenFragHead
    I like all three of them myself, along with many others (Hiro, Fragrance Bros., etc.). I will definitely watch your vlogs, TeenFragHead! Good luck!

spread the word my friend! thank you for your support