Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one is better Bond No. 9 New York Oud or Montale Black Aoud?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bond No. 9 New York Oud

26 52.00%
  • Montale Black Aoud

24 48.00%

Default Which one do you think is better? Bond No. 9 New York Oud or Montale Black Aoud?

Ok, I finally got a full 100 ml bottle of Montale Black Aoud in my collection to go along with my bottle of Bond No. 9 New York Oud... both are rose and oud... which one do you think is better? I love both so much....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Which one do you think is better? Bond No. 9 New York Oud or Montale Black Aoud?

I like both, but NY Oud more. It's the only Bond fragrance that I would consider purchasing. Reminds me of TF Oud Wood.

Black Aoud is nice too, just a bit too Middle Eastern for me. My wife also said it smells a bit feminine.

Default Re: Which one do you think is better? Bond No. 9 New York Oud or Montale Black Aoud?

Both are great but BA for me

IMO No contest - Montale Black Aoud

NY Oud
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Montale Black Aoud

I was surprised by NY oud, Black Aoud is a little boring to me.

I can't choose...Black Aoud is delicious and a monster projector and with monster silage. New York Oud was my first Bond and is incredible, perhaps more complex. I wear both at different times and for different reasons. NY Oud is a clubbing scent for me, Black Aoud more of a rose scent.

God, if I had to choose a favorite it would be 99 points for Black Aoud and 100 points for NY Oud. A very close call indeed for me. A virtual toss up but today NY Oud wins. Tomorrow perhaps a different story.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

New York Oud

New York Oud. It doesn't have that awful musky drydown that BA has.

Akahina, you hit it right on the nail.... I like Black Aoud strong and bold in your face opening, but NY Oud has a better dry down for me... I can't decide which one I like more.... at the moment I think NY Oud has the edge by about a point, but Black Aoud is pretty darn good too.... it's a toss up....flip a coin....

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I can't choose...Black Aoud is delicious and a monster projector and with monster silage. New York Oud was my first Bond and is incredible, perhaps more complex. I wear both at different times and for different reasons. NY Oud is a clubbing scent for me, Black Aoud more of a rose scent.

God, if I had to choose a favorite it would be 99 points for Black Aoud and 100 points for NY Oud. A very close call indeed for me. A virtual toss up but today NY Oud wins. Tomorrow perhaps a different story.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Don't find them all that similar, for me Black Aoud is better and bolder, NY Oud is maybe easier to wear.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a pretty good match up based on the voting... very close....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

i own both but prefer NY Oud slightly over BA. Although both are great in theie performance!

NY Oud. It's far more 'colorful', vibrant, and full of life. A great scent that is surprisingly multifaceted, despite initially seeming simple and linear.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

No contest, Black Oud wins by a mile. NY Oud is not oudy.
    ---
    -josh

www.imaginaryauthors.com

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
    -Oscar Wilde

Black Oud for me

Can one get by with just one spritz of NY Oud? I have a tester vial and I'd like to stretch it out.

New York Oud.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Can one get by with just one spritz of NY Oud? I have a tester vial and I'd like to stretch it out.
    Its very strong so you may be able to get away with one or two.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Black Aoud. I find NYO too cold.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Looks like Montale Black Aoud is making a late come back in this race.... a right hook by Black Aoud....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Even though I want to like Black Oud, I think NY Oud is better. However, black oud does rose a very deep rose. I want to revisit black oud one day.

- - - Updated - - -

How come no one has mentioned that NY Oud is MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE?
    Favorite notes at this point: Sandal wood, Oud, Frankincense, Rose

Thanks for bumping this lost thread
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I have both, LOVE both, in terms of complexity NY oud wins, but in terms of versatility and sillage , Black Aoud wins. Both are very long lasting

Blog Entries

Montale Black Aoud by a long shot. Most Bn9 frags have an undertone of melted plastic and artificial grape (I know, it's hard to describe and many people don't smell it)

New York Ouf by far. It simply smells better and is more complex. Black Oud is a bit boring and has a horrible drydown and it's sillage is far too brash and over pronounced.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

New York Oud for me. More dynamic and alive. It also has a tinge less of the rose note than BA That makes it easier for me to wear.

No contest, Black Aoud. I found NY Oud harsh and synthetic like most of the Bond line.

Montale Black Aoud is nice, but NY Oud is amazing. Projects like a beast and lasts forever (I find all the New York Notes series fragrances from Bond No 9 to have a similar vibe and all to be very long lasting).
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Banned
    Blog Entries

I never tried Black Aoud, but NY Oud is an abomination.

NY Oud is one of my most hated fragrance of all time, second only to Ungaro III

I like NY Oud more than Black Aoud, but just gotta be careful with the sprayer. Last weekend, I put on three sprays of NY Oud, but all on my neck. I nearly suffocated by the scent cloud. Man oh man was that strong.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    I like NY Oud more than Black Aoud, but just gotta be careful with the sprayer. Last weekend, I put on three sprays of NY Oud, but all on my neck. I nearly suffocated by the scent cloud. Man oh man was that strong.
    Yes, ny oud is very strong... the way i wear ny oud is one spray to the lower chest, one on the back of the neck, one on the wrist and touch the wrists against each other and im set for the next 12 + hrs
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man