Code of Conduct

Default Biggest Disappointment: Creed Millisime Imperial

The Good
    For a long time I have been meaning to try out and wear Creed's MI. Let me preface this by saying I own a few bottles of Creeds other fragrances and enjoy them all. Overall I would say that the scents are above average with about average longevity.

Being a resident of Miami, Fl where the heat and humidity carries into these Miami nights, sometimes it's a challenge to pick the right fragrance to wear. My newly single self was headed out last night with the sense of uncertainty being back on the market provides. Last night was very warm and humid.

Recently, a good friend of mine that works a creed counter provided me with some Creed MI samples in an atomizer. As I got ready to head out I new exactly what I was going to be wearing as a fragrance. Before stepping out of the door I gave myself five sprays: each arm, the chest, the shirt, and the hair. I have smelled this fragrance before and really liked it. I caught the beautiful opening in my nose and was loving it. What a perfect summer scent for down here. Before stepping out of the door, I grabbed another 1.5ml spray atomizer due to the poor longevity I keep hearing about.

Walking to my friends house, the hot summer breeze was lifting that amazing scent into my nose. I even got an unsolicited compliment.

The Bad
    Waiting around my friends apartment as they get ready and are spraying their fragrance choices. I thought to myself I haven't caught a whiff of MI in a while. Now it has only been around 45mins-1hour and I sniff my arm. The fragrance has basically turned into a skin scent. Sensing olfactory fatigue I asked for opinions on the fragrance and how far away they can smell it from. The scent was only projecting about 1 inch away from skin.
    I then sprayed the atomizer to compare the scent. It's amazing when you first spray it and calling it underperforming after an hour is an understatement.

So as the nite progressed I found myself reapplying the fragrance twice, being very careful with my sprays because I only had a 1.5ml atomizer. Now, I went into this open minded with the thought of re-applying is no big deal. But I was upset at the fact that it was necessary to do and a chore I decided that I will not be doing again in the future. Also, its a little awkward when you have to explain to people that you need to carry around an atomizer to reapply the fragrance. We get it, were the fragrance community, but it sounds ridiculous to the outside world. The comment of "why not just wear something you don't have to re-apply" really summed it up.

The Ugly
    What I find to be the worst part about this is that MI is such an amazing fragrance. It's scent is a 10/10 and smells so refreshing in the steamy summer Miami nights. I dare to say it, a prefect combo for down here. To have such poor performance is just teasing me and everyone else. I would rather not know a scent like this exists than to know it does and has horrible longevity, projection, and sillage. Based on this, Creed MI would get an absolutely never buy recommendation. Especially at retail! As far as substitutes I have a bottle of Unforgivable and never wear it. Creed's MI has a much superior smell than Unforgivable.

So this has now been my most dissapointing fragrance story to date. This far surpasses the time when I dropped and broke a full (old-style bottle) of Spirituse double vanille, and when airport security forced me to give up a nearly full bottle of Frapin 1270.
    Last edited by LiteEmUpGood; 24th June 2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: changed oz to ml. thanks Sam S

Default Re: Biggest Disappointment: Creed Millisime Imperial

I can relate. I don't think the disappointment is worse than breaking a full bottle of SDV, but that's just me.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Basenotes Plus

I live in hot and steamy Palm Beach and MI lasts through the day for me. Then again, all the Creeds I own last for me, even Aventus which seems to get lots of poor marks for logetivity.

Longevity on my skin is OK but not great.

I get eight to nine hours from three sprays of MI though Creed is notorious for batch variations with their scents.

1.5oz atomizer? You better not waste that...
    Just kidding, I'm sure you meant ml.

On a serious note, I'm sorry you had longevity problems. I wore MI yesterday and got a good 10 hours out of it. I would try to sample another batch before you give up on this masterpiece from Creed.

I'm pretty much on the same page as you op, but I get a little bit longer longevity out my sample. One of my favorite smelling fragrances by far, just doesn't last like I hoped it would. If I buy it, I'm probably going to bring an atomizer around of it when I'm wearing it just to keep it fresh.

MI is pleasant but underwhelming. The longevity is erratic, and the sillage is similarly spotty. Not worth the money ultimately.

Great story OP. I too was underwhelmed by the longevity of MI. I have official samples to which I then decant into a spray atomizer. Seems like no matter how much I spray, I just get around 4 hours. I would say that this is the Creed with the worst longevity.

This may seem a bit silly but do you think it had anything to do with the atomizer rather than the fragrane itself? I was in a similar spot when I was sampling Amouage's Reflection Man with their small atomizer. I would spray and find it very light and it wouldn't last four hours on me. I thought I could live with it and ordered a tester bottle in for a very good price. I was really, really happy that I was getting more projection and longevity on that big bottle than I did with the little atomizer tester.

The way I saw it was that I was only getting a third of a full spray on the small atomizer as opposed to the full spray from the normal bottle. Just thought that a bigger sprayer and stem would lead to a full dose of juice being applied to my skin instead of the little spit I was getting from my atomizer.

Just my observation MI is a great scent on me and I usually get about eight hours with four sprays. Definitely worth the price IMO.

MI last pretty well on me.

Maybe you set your standards to high, I did the same...they are good fragrances without a doubt but everyone loves overhyping everything.

I wore today and I appreciate it for what it is, its nice.

- - - Updated - - -

MI last pretty well on me.

Maybe you set your standards to high, I did the same...they are good fragrances without a doubt but everyone loves overhyping everything.

I wore today and I appreciate it for what it is, its nice.

I get outstanding longevity with my 2010 batch of MI. And by outstanding, I mean 4 hours MAX. I have to really bury my nose into my wrist to smell it that last hour. 4 hour longevity for a supposedly Eau De Parfum strength fragrance that retails for $285 is no bueno. I love the smell, but I never wear it b/c it just doesn't last. If I got 8+ hours this one would be perfect. I've only noticed this problem with MI and SMW. My OS, GIT, Himalaya, Aventus, and Jardin D'Amalfi all last a good while.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I put in on before I went to sleep and could honestly still smell it the next morning...close to the skin but still there.

I'm currently wearing MI and it's almost 4 hours since I sprayed it on. Can't deny that it smells real nice and it lasts about 6-8 hours on me. Though I do agree with most basenoters here that getting it at retail (same for all Creeds) is really not ideal.

But if you manage to get a good deal; eg. testers, splits ... then I guess it's worth it.