Code of Conduct

Default Do you think there is really a touch of Cambodian Oud Oil in Montale Black Aoud?

Looking up the notes on Montale Black Aoud.... Cambodian Oud is one of the note.... for the price of a full bottle of Montale Black Aoud at $160... do you think Pierre Montale actually put a touch of real Cambodian Oud oil in his fragrance?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Do you think there is really a touch of Cambodian Oud Oil in Montale Black Aoud?

Black Oud smells synthetic to me and real oud is really expensive so I doubt any real Oud is within the fragrance.

Default Re: Do you think there is really a touch of Cambodian Oud Oil in Montale Black Aoud?

Impossible to know for sure. Original Aoud by Montale was said by the company to contain only Cambodian oud and nothing else.

For $25 you would think Montale is able to put .25 ml of pure Cambodian Oud oil in a 100 ml bottle of fragrance.... i would say that is enough per bottle...

That's how much it's going for online.... http://agaraura.com/oudkampuchea.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Black Oud smells synthetic to me and real oud is really expensive so I doubt any real Oud is within the fragrance.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

One drop of cambodian oud in a 100 gallon vat of concentrate is enough to qualify "uses real cambodian oud!" in the marketing. I doubt it's much, if any. Hell, Montale wasn't even truthful with who the nose was behind the scents (ie NOT Pierre Montale) so I wouldn't believe them about anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    For $25 you would think Montale is able to put .25 ml of pure Cambodian Oud oil in a 100 ml bottle of fragrance.... i would say that is enough per bottle...

That's how much it's going for online.... http://agaraura.com/oudkampuchea.html
    I highly doubt ANY niche brands have a 100ml formula that costs $25 in the juice alone. Maybe more like $10 at most.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Banned

Cool Re: Do you think there is really a touch of Cambodian Oud Oil in Montale Black Aoud?

(How many whales had to vomit for the famous all-Creed-drydown?)

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    (How many whales had to vomit for the famous all-Creed-drydown?)
    Easy question. Zero.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I went downstair to sniff my Montale Black Aoud and Bond No. 9 New York Oud side by side along with my sample of pure oud oil I got from Agar Aura... based on my observation.... If I was to put a bet on which one has pure oud oil in it...I would put my money on the Bond No. 9 New York Oud.... it just has that natural oud scent.... but again, I did paid $330 for the 100 ml bottle...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Sur la Plage

No.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

At that price, no way in hell is there real Cambodian Oud in it. Who cares, Black Oud still smells good to me.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    At that price, no way in hell is there real Cambodian Oud in it. Who cares, Black Oud still smells good to me.
    Exactly.

Almost certain it doesn't.

for swap/sale: