Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Finally had a WOW!!!

Went to NM yesterday to look at a few MFK's. My usual routine is to spray the fragrance on my arm and walk around for an hour or so to let it dry down before making a decision.

Yesterday I tried Absolue pour le soir, Lumiere Noire pour homme and Oud.

About an hour later, I couldn't help but keep smelling the Lumiere Noire pour homme. It was WOW! I really like this one. I don't ever remember getting that WOW feeling.

I also purchased Absolue pour le soir, which goes on absolutely skanky and loved it, but I must say, Lumiere Noire pour homme is amazing.

The OUD was nice, but I didn't feel it was worth spending $300.00

On a side note, sometimes I wonder about NM. I have been to three of their stores in my area, and other than their small boutique store in Palm Beach, the rest do not compare to SAKS in knowledge and overall attitude. No big deal, but the SA gave me the wrong fragrance, and if I hadn't looked on my way home, I would have been very disappointed that I would have to drive 45 miles back to store to exchange.

Dependent

Default Re: Finally had a WOW!!!

looking forward to trying it.

I had a similar experience the first time trying Lumiere Noir Pour Home and was wowed as well. It smells like the feeling of been in love has been captured in a bottle.

I'll join the chorus in saying that LNPH is outstanding and is at the top of my wish list.

I will take a trip to NM around my birthday in July.....I want to spend time with this collection.....Thanks for the reviews!!!
    Gary

I literally said "wow" when I first sniffed it. This is before it was available for purchase, when they only had the testers. I came back to buy it when it was available about a week later and got home only to realize I was given the femme by mistake. I took it back a few days later and got the correct one, but always wondered how that one would have smelled since there's been some comments that it smells more masculine than home.
    The Bark Bites Back.

All very nice scents IMO.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    I literally said "wow" when I first sniffed it. This is before it was available for purchase, when they only had the testers. I came back to buy it when it was available about a week later and got home only to realize I was given the femme by mistake. I took it back a few days later and got the correct one, but always wondered how that one would have smelled since there's been some comments that it smells more masculine than home.
    It's funny you said that. I was thinking of purchasing the femme for my GF. I didn't spray it on myself, but did spray on card, and liked it as well. I actually see both the homme and femme as crossover. My GF liked the homme enough to wear it today.

Those are all great scents. I didn't quite have a WOW with them, but I might go home and try LN again.

I had half to 3/4 of a wow for the Oud. I didn't expect much when I saw the notes, saffron mainly, but it came off so smooth and sweet...now I'm searching out a bottle of it. My biggest WOW I would say was Portrait of a Lady.

I bought both Absolue pour le Soir and Lumiere Noir pour homm blind, and I love them both.

Absoloue pour le Soir is just an amazing fragrance, and while I don't wear it often, it's in my top 10. I wore this in Minnesota last winter, and it was superb.

I think Lumiere Noire pour Homme is one of the most versatile fragrances out there. I can't think of a situation where I wouldn't wear it, and it's one of the only scents that doesn't make me nauseated if I put it on while hungover on a Sunday morning. It just smells very natural and so pleasing. It's also probably the first bottle I'll actually use up completely since my Acqua di Gio days in college.

I am a big fan of APLS, it manages to be both dirty and musky, and extremely elegant, as all MFK are. Not sure I am going to buy other MFK soon, but Cologne pour le soir (ambery, benzoin) might be the one. I do use MFK Aqua Universalis laundry detergent. The smell is indeed very persistent, it lasts for days on sheets.

cacio

For me, it's the opposite.
    It didn't do anything for me the first time I tested it.
    But it's growing on me and the fact that my sample is almost empty... scares me.

Banned

PalmBeach, you had your "Wow!" and I have another fragrance to try on the agenda now... After my "Wow" with Kurkdjian's APOM pour Homme I guess Lumière and Absolue might be the next candidates to satisfy the scent monster inside.

I also had a "wow" sensation when I first smelled LNpH and AplS.
    I can't wait for Absolue pour le Nuit.

for swap/sale:

No matter how many times that have tried on this one, it seems there certain ingredients that i am having trouble picking up and the fragrance becomes very faint on skin in 15mins or so. Sometime would go for the femme one if i wanted a heavier rose patchouli combo.

After reading this thread I just had to place an order for some samples from the MFK site.

APLS and LNPH are absolutely amazing.

I would love to sniff that Oud!

Banned

Lumiere Noire pour Homme is, indeed, a prized gem in my wardrobe, a gorgeous composition, with its fresh and spicy overtures and concomitant sensuousness.

LN had me at first try.

IMO, The only true wower in the MFK range is APLS. All the others fragrances range form very nice to very good (which is still quite a lot).

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
    After reading this thread I just had to place an order for some samples from the MFK site.
    Me too...

All brands should have samples available to buy...
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Lumiere Noire pour Homme is, indeed, a prized gem in my wardrobe, a gorgeous composition, with its fresh and spicy overtures and concomitant sensuousness.
    Word salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Me too...

All brands should have samples available to buy...
    And at a reasonable price too. 4 X 2ml spray samples for $15 is a good deal.

I'm going to have to try Lumiere Noire pour Homme again as it never really registered with me the first couple of times, I just found it a little too feminine plus when compared to my favourite Windsor (2009) it paled a little in comparison.

I think APOM pour Homme is the best in his line.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    Word salad.
    lol

My favourite is APOMpH, but when I am grown up and rich I intend to buy APLS and LNpH ASAP. I didn't think much of APLM or CPLM, although I did find CPLS nice enough. AU feels a little lacking in character to me, although AUF is a bit more floral and pleasing. Don't really like the Oud. All of this, of course, IMHO.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    IMO, The only true wower in the MFK range is APLS. All the others fragrances range form very nice to very good (which is still quite a lot).
    This is also my experience, although I'd expand the range to include drab.
    I'm almost sad that I don't get to enjoy LN as much as people seem to do.

Same reaction to LN, just does not grab me. Now APLS, skanky but at least interesting enough to make me want to smell it more. APOM, too much lavendar for me. Anyone got some CPls they can send me a small sample of to try out?