Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico By Night

From nstperfume.com:

Jean Paul Gaultier will launch Kokorico By Night in September. The new fragrance for men is a flanker to 2011′s Kokorico.

Kokorico By Night features notes of bergamot, rhubarb, cocoa bean and tonka bean.

Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico By Night will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico By Night

I hope it's more "original" than the original.

Banned

Thanks for the heads up.

wait a minute, i LOVE THE NOTES. ugh, i still havent tried the original. anyone know when the original will be made available in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    wait a minute, i LOVE THE NOTES. ugh, i still havent tried the original. anyone know when the original will be made available in the US?
    It has been for awhile ( F-Net).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    It has been for awhile ( F-Net).
    But i mean, will it come to stores like Nordstroms, etc?

"Tonka bean", maybe it's just me, but the more tonka bean I smell, the more I get tired of it.. whatever happened to good ole vanilla? Vanilla smells so much better than tonka. This fragrance sounds boring, but I think it will depend on this rhubarb note, and of course, whomever the perfumer is.

I have the first Koko and Love it.....can't wait to try this version!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    "Tonka bean", maybe it's just me, but the more tonka bean I smell, the more I get tired of it.. whatever happened to good ole vanilla? Vanilla smells so much better than tonka. This fragrance sounds boring, but I think it will depend on this rhubarb note, and of course, whomever the perfumer is.
    Thats what made me excited. I really miss my bottle of B*Men, and I remember that was heavy on the rhubarb

Thats what made me excited. I really miss my bottle of B*Men, and I remember that was heavy on the rhubarb
    Ya, B*Men is so excellent, and underrated! Try getting another bottle, they are becoming harder to find.

Terrible

Will be looking forward to adding this to my collection.

B*Men came to mind when I aw the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I thoroughly disagree. Tonka Bean is a deeper, less powdery, more masculine, more tobacco-esque sweetener. I also prefer Benzoin balm to Vanilla. Although I'm very interested to test vanilla pod absolute.

Eager to test both kokorico versions.

But i mean, will it come to stores like Nordstroms, etc?

It doesn't matter. Just buy the fragrance. If you are a fan of JPG, you should have this by now. If you don't like it, just swap it off. Considering other fragrances you enjoy, this one is a no-brainer. I'm sure you will like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I thoroughly disagree. Tonka Bean is a deeper, less powdery, more masculine, more tobacco-esque sweetener. I also prefer Benzoin balm to Vanilla. Although I'm very interested to test vanilla pod absolute.

Eager to test both kokorico versions.
    Totally agree and very well said. For me personally, it is that tonka is less powdery, more tobacco-like sweet. Vanilla is very common. I'm not against it, but its not gonna get my hopes up
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

What...a flanker all ready.

I love the smell of Rhubarb but did not know that B*Man had Rhubarb in it, are there some other good mens frags out there that have prominent rhubarb note?

Oh and slightly off topic but why do the fragrance notes differ (in the case of B*Men and many others) between Basenotes site and Fragrantica? I use them both allot and while reading this post I looked up B*Men on Fragrantica and it does not list Rhubarb as a note but on basenotes it is clearly listed as a top note.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    It doesn't matter. Just buy the fragrance. If you are a fan of JPG, you should have this by now. If you don't like it, just swap it off. Considering other fragrances you enjoy, this one is a no-brainer. I'm sure you will like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree and very well said. For me personally, it is that tonka is less powdery, more tobacco-like sweet. Vanilla is very common. I'm not against it, but its not gonna get my hopes up
    I think I just got bitch-slapped into making a blind buy

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I thoroughly disagree. Tonka Bean is a deeper, less powdery, more masculine, more tobacco-esque sweetener. I also prefer Benzoin balm to Vanilla.
    So do I. Tonka bean is much more multidimensional than vanilla. And benzoin is delicious and ambery, glowing. Vanilla had its time, long live the tonka bean!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

A flanker before being released in the US. Such nonsense.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Ugh

That was fast!
    Kokorico is good but very similar to Linstant original, only less sweet. I liked but not to buy a full bottle. Also the price is very high for a commercial release.
    Lets hope this flanker is better. So far kokorico is my least favorite from Gaultier, and the only that i dont own yet.

Just tried it (it just got into shops in here)...a sweeter version of the original, a bit more soft and without the intense green note (fig i believe). I cant say i loved Kokorico, but i found it interesting with the green and sweet notes combined. This one is more aimed to please the market nowadays, also probably a less love/hate fragrance than Kokorico was.
    On the original i was getting great longevity (~8 hours) and very good projection. On this flanker projection is good and longevity about the same as the original, maybe an hour less. I find it a decent release but i am not sure if i buy a bottle.